Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shah Amit MohanYour feedback matters!
Hi, I'm going for a short trip for around 5 days and i'm carrying nor metrogyl with me if I had a bad digestion over there i'm in my first month of pregnancy should I intake it? If not then which medicine will be suitable if I had a bad digestion over there. Thanks.
I have been experiencing itching in my vaginal area. The urge to itch is so bad that I have scratches and immense pain . Please suggest something.
What should we avoid eating for pcod patient. I am suffering from scanty flow, infertility and severe hair fall. please help me.
I lost my sister 22 days back. She was 21 years old. She suffered from triple A syndrome. Her haemoglobin had gone down to 3.8.Blood loss happened due to heavy periods for 15 days. She was taking homeopathy medicines to increase her blood level. Allopathy medicines for iron (like orofer) did not suit her. It caused her severe stomach pain. Her endocrinologist did not suggest blood transfusion for her. She had gas and vomiting problem on her last evening. She complained of chest and back pain. She was given rantac and zofer for it. But still she kept vomiting. This started in the afternoon and she passed away early morning at 4a. M.My mother keeps blaming herself for her death. She says that if she had a blood transfusion or hospitalized her earlier she could have been saved. She says that my sister's death was her mistake. She keeps repeating this about 100 times a day or more. She is devastated. I fear that this might affect her mental health. Please help.
Hyperhidrosis can be generalised or localised. Hands, feet, armpits and groins are the most active areas.
Aluminium hydrochloride is used in regular antiperspirant in much higher concentration in solution or gel forms.
Drugs called anticholinergics are sometimes used.
Injection of botulinum toxin type a can be used for neural control of sweat glands,
Sweat glands removal or destruction is one option available for excessive under arm perspiration.
Affected people are aware of their condition and try to modify their life style to accommodate their handicap. This can be disabling in professional, academic and social life.
It affects both genders equally.
I have 7th month of pregnancy. I am suffering from swelling on feet. So what should I do. please answer. Thanks.
I have lot of pain during periods what medicine should I use and is there any side effects of medicine during that tym I take half tablet of combiflam and having some problem in periods Give me right direction so Thankful to you Please help me.
I used to where leggi and frok karti in my pregnancy. I did not feel uncomfortable but whenever I go to fresh up in the morning I feel lil my tummy pressed. And it takes at least 10 mints for me to squat is there any problem with pressing of stomach becoz my 5 month is started now and my bump size is normal but I feel uncomfortable to sit for a long time. I use indian toilet I want to ask is it ok and when I will enter in my 7 and 8 month the same problem will occur so it will harm my baby or it will be ok. Pls suggest.
It is your tasty and quick remedy to beat the Mumbai summer and avoid heat strokes.
- It prevents excessive loss of sodium chloride and zinc from your body due to excessive sweating.
- It is a rich source of Vitamin C and thus a curative for blood disorders.
- It increases the elasticity of blood vessels and helps in the formation of new blood vessels.
- It acts as a tonic increasing body resistance against tuberculosis,anaemia, cholera and dysentery.
Hi Dr. I am 24year old. I want to ask that my baby born on 22nd January by cesarean delivery. Its around 2 mnth completed after 7 days. But my periods are continues yet. Please suggest me any advice. Is this any problem ?
I am 32 years old. Past 3 months I din't get periods. I have pcod and thyroid. Today only I got periods but only once I got bleeding it was very less so what should I do for this.?
Orthopedic disorders include all the health issues and ailments that are related to the muscles, joints and ligaments. Orthopedic disorders are so widespread and so large in number that it is very difficult to list all of them down. However, among them the four most common orthopedic disorders are:
- Arthritis: It is a chronic and a long lasting orthopedic disorder in which you witness the swelling or inflammation of one or more joints in the body. This condition is very painful in nature and it tends to deteriorate gradually. This condition usually affects elderly people and it also worsens with age which ultimately causes stiffness of the joints and limits your routine body movements.
- Osteoarthritis: This is a degenerative joint disorder which leads to immense pain and discomfort in the joints of the body. This is one of the most serious forms of orthopedic disease that has been noticed. This disease involves degradation and decline in the overall quality of the bones and joints in the affected areas.
- Lower back pain: This condition refers to periods of pain and discomfort in the lower part of your spinal area. This condition is very common nowadays and as a result of this pain, your back usually becomes tender, swollen and stiff. This pain also stops you from doing your overall routine activities.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: It is an orthopedic disorder in which there is severe swelling in a particular joint, accompanied by small lumps on the affected area that further degrade the external appearance of the skin. In case of adults, this disorder lasts for a lifetime and worsens with time, if left untreated.
Related Tip: "4 Common Orthopedic Problems Faced By Aged People"
I read on internet and if had sex 2 days before ovulation then will definitely get pregnant as had sex 1-2 days before ovulation most fertile time so please say I will be as I had it 23rd Wednesday and egg got released on 25th Friday and he cum in me on Wednesday 23rd as it went all warm felt it and then read on internet and it said if had sex 2 days before ovulation then definitely become pregnant as had it 1-2 days before most fertile time so please say when I take my test Monday it say I am pregnant.
Now I have sex with my wife and she want to check weather she is pregnant or not will tomorrow or after tomorrow pregnancy kit will work or not.
I am 25 years old unmarried girl, I have PCOD Problem, Because of that Lot of unwanted hair on my face ,acne problem also, my weight increased 7 kg with in one year, my doctor suggest to take metsmall, finast tablet, its a right medicine? And it will cause any side affect to my fertility? Please reply.
Kidney failure and other kidney problems are the leading causes of death nowadays. Common problems that lead to kidney failure include chronic blood pressure and chronic uncontrolled diabetes. However, there are a number of ayurvedic medications which help solve kidney failure and other kidney problems including;
- Punarnava: Punarnava is commonly called hogweed as well but the medical name for it is boerhavia diffusa. It is extremely helpful in preventing micturition, a disorder which is characterized by unexplained fainting after urinating. However, that is not the only symptoms hogweed helps with as it also removes excess water from the body due to kidney failure.
- Varun: Varun is commonly known as caper and is medically known as crataeva nurvala. The diseases which varun is best at dealing with are urinary tract infections and renal stones. Varun also helps in stopping the swelling and extra fluid accumulation after kidney failure.
- Gokshura: Gokshura is known as tribulus terrestris and is an herbal tonic for the genito-urinary system. Gokshura is one of the best ways to avoid dialysis. This is because it stops infections from occurring and also clears obstructions in the urinary tract. It is also very good at regenerating the kidney cells.
- Raktachandan: Rakt chandan is known as p. Santalinus or red sandalwood and is another excellent remedy for kidney problems. It acts as both a diuretic and an anti-infectant.
- Palaash: Palaash, medically, is known as butea monosperma. It is a type of urinary alkalizer and it also stops micturition. A urinary alkalizer is a medication which allows the urine to pass more easily. This is yet another great remedy for kidney failure.
- Kaasni: Kaasni is commonly known as chicory but its medical name is cichorium intybus. Kaasni gives strength to the kidneys and is also a very good alkalizer. However, its most valuable property is the fact that it helps in nephritis and nephrotic syndrome (disorder of the kidneys characterized by protein loss).
The manufacturers are producing breakfast cereals as per the consumer’s preference, but at the cost of their health.
Many cereals are high in sugar and refined carbs. Added sugar is a bad component of our modern diet and most of the sugar coming in our diet reaches through processed foods, of which breakfast cereals contain relatively higher amounts of sugar.
Avoid cereals high in sugar and carbohydrates. This will be a healthy option, with lots of dietary fibres, minus the unwanted components like sugars, thereby ensuring a nutritious breakfast for you and your family.
6 common mistakes most women make that endanger their breast health
Good breast health is very necessary for a woman to avoid the risks of getting breast diseases, most particularly breast cancer. But there are some common mistakes most women make without knowing that they contribute to the threats of breast diseases. Read on to know which common habits may be bad for your breast health and what lifestyle alterations you can make to avoid them.
1. Not taking requisite care of your breasts with increasing age
The chances of developing diseases like breast cancer increase with age, especially as you enter the 40s and 50s. Most women don't consider their chronological age with requisite seriousness and this can expose them to higher risks of breast diseases. As you hit 40, you should sincerely make it a habit to get regular clinical exams to maintain proper breast health.
2. Not considering an annual mammogram
An x-ray of the breasts is known as a mammogram which is usually performed to detect premature symptoms of breast cancer. Studies reveal that a large number of women do not consider getting an annual mammogram done even after the age of 40. Experts are of the opinion that this can be threatening to your breast health as a delay of even a few months can result in developed and undetected breast cancer symptoms. So, it is recommended that after entering your 40s get a mammogram done after every year.
3. Not keeping track of your weight
According to researchers, women who have bmi (body mass index) more than 25 are considered obese and have greater chances of developing breast diseases in comparison to women having a balanced weight. The risk rises due to increase in the formation of oestrogen caused by the greater number of fat cells. Increased level of oestrogen is responsible for the growth of 'hormone-receptor-positive' type of breast cancer. You should try to eat healthy and regularly monitor your weight to avoid obesity.
4. Avoiding exercise
Avoiding exercise can have adverse effects on your breast health. Studies prove that women who exercise for about 4 to 7 hours every week have lower chances of developing breast diseases. This is due to the fact that regular workout ensures limited blood levels of the hormone 'insulin growth factor' which significantly influences the growth and behaviour of breast cells. So, start exercising from today to stay fit and maintain proper breast health.
5. Drinking too much alcohol
Regular consumption of alcohol increases risks of breast cancer as it causes damage to the DNA in cells. Moreover, it raises levels of oestrogen and other hormones responsible for triggering 'hormone-receptor-positive' breast cancer. You can avoid this risk by keeping your alcohol consumption to moderate levels and reserved for special occasions.
6. Exposing yourself to too many chemicals in the form of cosmetics
Most women use too many cosmetic products containing certain chemicals that increase their chances of developing breast diseases. This happens because often these chemicals tend to disturb the hormonal balance of the body by mimicking or blocking certain hormones.