Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shah Amit Mohan
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shah Amit MohanYour feedback matters!
Helo doctor I had unprotected sex with my partner on march 23rd. Aftr tat I took ipill (postpone 72) only one pill within 10 minutes. Aftr tat 23,24,25th continually 3 days per day 2,3 times we had unprotected sex. Aftr 23rd I did not take any pill after tat. March 13th 16th I got my normal period already. Now my doubt is any chance for pregnancy? please clear my doubt. I need detailed answer.
There is a prevalent misconception that gynecologists are for women what urologists are for men. But urologists also deal with certain women-related health issues. These include overactive bladder, pelvic organ prolapse, and urinary incontinence.
Following are the 5 points which every female should know:
- Women sometimes pee in their pants too: A majority of the female population between 40 and 60 suffer from either stress incontinence (when you cough, sneeze or laugh) or urgency incontinence (leaking when you want to go badly). Urologists want you to know that there are less invasive options and medications available to treat this problem.
- Recognize pelvic organ prolapse: This condition is defined by a bit of bladder, rectal, or uterine tissue bulging into your vagina. An urologist can provide non invasive options to deal with this.
- Age related factors affect both men and women: Right around the time when menopause and andropause strike, changing hormone levels affect the pelvic floor, bladder, urethra and vagina in women causing problems like urinary tract infection and incontinence. These conditions are effectively treated by an urologist who can also probe for underlying conditions like kidney stone, polyp, or tumor in severe cases.
- An overactive bladder is more common than you think: Around 40% women have to hit the bathroom every hour or so owing to this. Simple lifestyle changes like lowering the intake of caffeine and alcohol, in combination with pelvic floor exercises can solve the problem.
- Pelvic pain: If it is not gynecology then it is urology. A general pain in the pelvic region triggers a visit to the gynecologist first for most women.From menstrual cramps to ovarian cysts, all of this may well be taken care of by your gynecologist too. But when the usual culprits are not the cause for your discomfort, it's time you get the urology aspect examined thoroughly too.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
1) what is the medication to get periods a week early? It will be falling on my wedding day, so I want to prepare it, I don't want to postpone it or else it will fall on my honeymoon. 2) I have a regular cycle of 30 to 33 days. 3) I took primolut n to postpone my period by 4 days in June 2016. 4) I have my recent periods on 27th Aug and 27th september.
Vata resides in the colon and colon is therefore primarily responsible for all the vata disorders.
Vata imbalance in the skeletal system (asthi dhatu) causes osteoarthritis.
Vata imbalance with toxins (ama) causes rheumatoid arthritis.
Vata imbalance in blood (rakta dhatu) entering into bony tissue causes gout.
Massage with sesame oil to reduce the vata.
Digestion must be improved so that no further ama is produced. Fasting is very beneficial for digesting the ama. Duration of fasting depends upon the strength of the person, place and season.
Consume the foods which are easily digestible and do not make wind or gas.
Vegetable juices and juice of carrot, beetroot and cucumber mixed together is also beneficial.
Green salad, fruits like apples, oranges, grapes and papaya can be taken.
Use of cumin, coriander, ginger, asfoetida, garlic, fennel and turmeric is also helpful.
Avoid eating hot, spicy and fried foods, sweets, wind forming foods like cabbage, cauliflower, spinach and potatoes should be prohibited.
Avoid taking too much tea, coffee, alcohol, white sugar, yogurt, chocolate and cocoa, excessive smoking.
Sleeping during day time, staying up late in the night and mental tensions like worry, anxiety, fear, stress and grief etc, should be given up.