Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shah Amit Mohan
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shah Amit MohanYour feedback matters!
Hii my sister married age is 25 her right breast is larger then her left one is that because of any problem or is it normal .
Dear sir, last night I think I ejaculate in her vagina I do not want pregnancy. I am in doubt what should I do? But her periods is about to come in next 2-3 days. Tell me what we will do? Wait for her periods or something.
Hi Doctor, I'm 23 years old married about 1 year 7 months my husband age is 35 and today going to Dr. for checkup for planing baby we all test taken ultrasound, semen analysis and thyroid complete blood and urun test. Dr. Told me All reports are normal my last LMP is 13/7/16 no periods till today and then Dr. Given medroxyprogesterone acetate tablets IP and folic acid 5 mg then told me period after second day treatment will starts.(I want to conceive) What is problem in me what treatment to take I am worried about this. Please ans me.
My wife was pregnant. She has fluoridation problem. MY doubt was fluoridation can effect to the baby or not.
I am 28 year old. I came to know through prega news test that I am pregnant. Now what should be my next step and dos and don'ts during pregnancy. Please guide me for all stages.?
Hi Sir, I am 22 years old and my height is 5'2. I am 57 kg. I am gaining weight due to PCOD and I don't have much time to workout. I tried to eat clean food but after all hostel food can't be clean. And morning I take 1 banana and warm water lemon cinnamon. And I drink 2 cups of green tea. After doing all this. I am gaining weight so what and how to control in PCOD? Please suggest!
Hello doctor, I'm 24 years old and I have pain in my breast. Which started from left breast. Now the nipples in my left breast pain and prick when I raise my hands. And my right nipple pain when touched .i missed my periods for than one month. And I'm not pregnant. What may be the reason behind it.
Me and gf had sexual activities 2 months ago. I was afraid thai she could get preg. We did not had sexual intercourse. We had stimulation to each other and I had fear that bcz of my finger sm sperms have transfered to her vagina. But later she did not missed any of her periods. Now. Then before 5 days we again had those activities (fingering and oral) after the act soon in 2 hrs she started feeling weakness and nausea. Then nxt day she had fever with nausea and headaches then she vomited. The she went to Dr. He gave sum medicines and she was fine after 2 days she was normal and now again yesterday she started feeling nausea ans she had her face swollen up why is this soo? Today she is having head aches can she be preg? Due to sm sperms got transfered to her by my fingers? Her expected dates of periods are 11 th of may.
Hello. I am 26 year old woman and get married 1 year before. We are waiting for a baby and we consult a doctor and he suggested me to take stimulate tablet from 3rd day of my cycle for 5 days and after that on 12th day I take ivf c 5000 iu injection. My husband take maxoza l and he is taking this medicine from the last 54 days. What all things we want to consider on this days and under what treatment now we are going.
Home to the second largest population in the world, India has been facing a population explosion for quite a few decades. Thus, family planning becomes an important aspect of India’s vast social fabric. Family planning methods enable its citizens to control the potential damages inflicted by the raging population explosion. Research indicates that an estimated 214 million women of reproductive age in developing countries are willing to avoid pregnancy through the use modern contraceptive methods. In response, modern medical science has created various options designed to inhibit conception and prevent the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases.
Know the different family planning options available
Citizens can use family planning technique to control the expansion of their families.
- Oral contraceptive pills: These formulations are marketed in the form of small tablets that have to be orally ingested. They stop ovulation and thicken the cervical mucus to block the passage of sperm cells.
- Injections: This technique hinges on subcutaneous injections of progesterone that prevents ovulation and thickens the cervical mucus.
- Condoms: These family planning devices are engineered from latex, a refined form of rubber. They create a physical barrier that prevents conception.
- Diaphragms: This device is a dome-shaped rubber cup that covers the cervix after it is inserted into the vagina before sexual intercourse.
- IUDs - It is a very effective mode of contraception specially to keep gap inbetween two pregnancy and after your family is completed. It is effective for almost 5 years. It is best for Indian population.
- Family planning throgh operation: It can be done laproscopicaly or mini laparoscopy. One can go for it if they have at least two living healthy children.
Why should one opt for family planning?
- Promotes individual and national growth: Family planning is essential to support initiatives that secure the health, well-being, and autonomy of women. These efforts support the development of human communities, enable the achievement of social and community goals, and boost national prosperity.
- Prevents pregnancy-related issues: Family planning prevents the occurrence of health issues related to pregnancy in women. This is important in terms of boosting women’s general health and well-being. A woman’s ability to choose bears a direct influence on her physical and emotional well-being.
- Unwanted pregnancy: Family planning prevents unwanted pregnancies in older women. This demographic faces higher health risks from pregnancies.
- Maternal mortality: Family planning allows women to limit the size of the family unit. Medical evidence suggests that women who have borne more than four children face a heightened risk for maternal mortality. Family planning reduces the rate of unintended pregnancies and thus cuts the need for unsafe abortions.
- Prevention of diseases: Women infected with HIV/AIDS must drastically reduce the risk of unintended pregnancies. Failure to comply may result in the birth of babies infected with diseases. The use of male and female condoms offers dual protection against sexually transmitted diseases and infections.
- Empowering women: Family planning helps women to make an informed decision about their own sexual and reproductive health. It offers an opportunity for women to pursue education, boost their professional standing, and participate in non-family institutions. Moreover, smaller families allow parents to make meaningful investments in each child.
In light of the above, family planning has emerged as a critical mission in modern developing countries. National, state, and local governments must work with citizens to achieve community goals.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!