Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Seema ShahYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, I am from kolkata. Age is 26. I have too much anxiety problems. N nervousness. I also have stammering problem since 8 years. Whenever I am going to talk, I got the anxiety problem.
I just turned 18 year. I was the cool minded boy before I reacher my 18 years age. In the early age, my friend use to do anything to me like they blame me, slap me, use to call me by bad languages, also I got angry that days but I had the ability to control me angry and so I did nothing to them. I am a calm boy! But after reaching my adult age, when someone do bad with me, I gets super angry! I can't explain that how much I get angry! I used to think to kill them, but I control myself very hardly! When I get angry my brain starts to pain! Although I manage my anger very hardly! But please TELL ME THAT WHY MY BRAIN USE TO PAIN WHEN I GET ANGRY AND WHY IT IS HAPPENING AFTER 18 YEARS? please FAST REPLY!
I am a btech final year student. Actually I am not able to concentrate on anything. My mind is not stable since long years. Headache problem is also there. I always do overthink which have no values. Depression without any reason. Afraid of every little things. And imaginations, disturbance. How can I get rid of these things. At this age it's not good dor mental stability and health.
I have not job. I will attend many interview but I was rejected sometime. I have sometime depression and confidence is to very low. I give suggestion this situation?
I feel depression and loneliness mostly I tried changing topics like meeting frds books games etc none of d common remedies have worked fr me I forget wat ever I memories even studies im just 21 and I even have exams nearby I need urgent help nd my depression is not cz of my exams at al its fr an unknown reason I my self do not knw.
Fregoli syndrome and Capgras syndrome are psychological disorders which cause the patients to develop delusions regarding the people around him and his social interaction. They are called delusional misidentification syndromes (DMs). Both conditions are extremely rare and are believed to develop in patients who already have other psychiatric disorders. The two conditions can be compared in the following ways:
- Nature of the disease: Patients with Fregoli delusion believe that the many people around him or her are actually the same person in many different disguises. Capgras syndrome, on the other hand, causes the patient to think that someone who he or she interacts with on a daily basis has been replaced by an impostor.
- History: Fregoli syndrome was discovered in 1927 in a woman who thought her favorite actresses were disguising themselves as her friends, her employers and even strangers. The doctors named the condition after Italian entertainer Leopoldo Fregoli who did excellent impersonations of contemporary political figures. Less than 50 cases of the disorder have been reported worldwide since then.
Capgras syndrome was discovered in 1922 by French psychiatrist Joseph Capgras. The patient claimed that identical impostors had taken the places of her husband and some of her friends. This disorder is seen more commonly in women than in men and has more reported cases than Fregoli syndrome.
What causes it?
Fregoli delusions can be caused by severe injury to the temporal and parietal areas of the brain or other neural pathways.
Capgras syndrome has more complicated neuroanatomical causes. It is often seen in patients of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia and sometimes in patients of bipolar disorder and paranoia.
Symptoms behind them
The symptoms of Fregoli syndrome are delusions, visual and auditory hallucinations, cognitive defects, problems in visual memory and motor functioning.
Capgras syndrome is characterized by delusions, lack of emotional response to a familiar face, constant anxiety and depression.
Antipsychotic medication is generally used to treat Fregoli delusions. Anti-seizure drugs and anti-depressants are prescribed to combat other symptoms of the disorder. The family members of the patient are also counselled so that they do not feel insulted by the patient's behavior.
Individualized cognitive therapy is much more beneficial in case of Capgras syndrome than medication. Habilitation therapy is a form of treatment where the patient is not repeatedly contradicted and corrected. Usually the patients' family members are made to talk to them about their mistakes gently without arguing with them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
I am in depression but my family doesn't understand my pain and doesn't allow me for a treatment as according to them psychiatrist are for mental. From last 1 year I am trying suffering from depression I once visited a doctor in lucknow with my friend and the doctor prescribed me 2 medicines one was Flunil 10 mg and second was alinol 20 mg. But my family disallowed me to take medicines as according to them these are high power drugs and later can be a necessity taking it.
Due to break up I am not able to cope up from last 3 month. Reason is from last 1 month she is constantly in touch with me but only as a friend. I have told her many times that I don't want to continue as a friend but she don't listen me and share everything with me as before. So I am now remain depressed and I hardly move on. How can I remain normal? I have also lost 8 kg weight in last 3 month.
Hello I want to know easy method to die I want to suicide. Now there's no hope no reason to live left. I read that inhaling nitrogen doesn't cause pain. But I don't know how to get it. Please suggest any method to die painlessly. Please it's urgent. Please don't suggest me to meet any psychiatrist or anything. I want to quit I don't have a single ₹ left. No family support please help me to die.
Due to unemployment really feels depressed. Please guide me to refresh myself and make me comfortable.
My mother, aged 50 yrs, is a schizophrenic patient. The treatment is going on from 3 years and she was fine but 6 months before she stopped taking medicines so now again she is depressed, weak memory, quiet and thinks too much. What should I do?
I am suffering with body pains I am not much take care on that in case it has full and completely solution I fallow that.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to my self all the time. Please help me.
I am scared of driving a car. I have a fear of running a car over someone. Even when I sit beside my family member who is driving a car I feel the same fear that they run the car over someone. However when I am in taxi or with a friend who is driving a car I don't feel any fear irrespective how fast the car is running. I want to drive, how should I get over the fear of running over somebody?
I am 64 years old. I have problem with my memory. How can I improve the same and make it reliable ? Is the problem because of age or vitamin deficiency ? Secondly, what is the difference between vitamins and proteins ?
Smoking has several bad effects on your body, and it can invite many diseases be it related to the heart, lungs, brain or respiratory system. Millions of people everywhere in this world die from problems triggered by smoking. Cigarette smoking is one of the most harmful threats to your body; there is no way you can expect to remain safe while being an addict. It is not easy to give up smoking in a day. You might require some other sort of oral stimulation in the process of quitting.
There are many toxic compounds in a cigarette which further damage your cells. Tobacco is carcinogenic and hence cigarette smoking can result in several types of cancer. Tobacco smoke mainly consists of:
- Nicotine: This is an extremely addictive substance. As smokers are hooked to the nicotine, they find it very hard to quit. This acts really fast on their lungs, and reaches to the brain within 15 seconds after you inhale.
- Carbon monoxide: It is a dangerous gas without any taste or smell. You body absorbs it immediately as it is very hard to discriminate between oxygen and carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide decreases heart rate and muscle functions thus pushing you towards slow death.
- Tar: It is a poisonous chemical which causes cancer. Whilst smoking, 70% tar remains in your lungs. It is basically a sticky brown material.
Smoking is one of the most important reasons behind preventable deaths. The diseases that can be caused by smoking are:
- Brain: stroke is one most threatening diseases that can be caused by smoking. Smoking increases your chances of suffering from a stroke. Smoking increases brain aneurysm, which develops the chances of stroke. It can rupture the blood vessels in your brain and it can lead to brain death too.
- Heart: when you smoke the smoke enters the blood vessels of your body and it damages the blood circulation system. It can give you several heart diseases like - stroke, heart attack, coronary heart problem and peripheral heart problem.
- Lungs: your lungs get the worst effects of smoking. Asthma, cough, wheezing and cold are just the tip of the iceberg. Your lungs directly absorb the nicotine and tar. Other diseases like pneumonia, lung cancer and emphysema can also occur.
- Mouth and throat: smoking causes very common oral problems like bad breath and stained teeth. It can also cause gum cancer and throat cancer. 93% of throat, head and neck cancers occur due to smoking.
- Infertility and reproduction: smoking destroys blood vessels, which supply blood to the penis causing male impotence. It destroys sperm count in men and egg count in women. It can also cause cervical cancer. Apart from this smoking also causes premature birth, stillbirth and illness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.