Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Dr. Seema DarodeYour feedback matters!
I am taking peri cr. 25 for the last 6 months I feel better in the morning but by evening I start feeling giddy and anxiety. Ambulax m doesn't help. I am retired. But I exercise daily get good sleep. Noon and night. I don't contemplate on any issue. My children are well settled. What I can't stand is argument or long discussions. Which my wife has the habit. I take 2 drinks daily and feel better. My head is generally heavy. Otherwise I have no money problem. Have own house and cars. At times I want to break out and go uphill on my own and be by myself.
I lost somebody close last year and since then fill very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
Sir I am sports men .but before my competition I have fear .worries .very much. What can I do this time.
I have a girlfriend .she stays happy with her friends (boys) and do talks immaturity and does take their jokes seriously and smile at their poor jokes also. But when it comes to if say same jokes .she gets irritate and say you are very immature you don't understand me. And gets angry with me. She can not find a friend in me .but whenever I become friendly and pull her legs on small talks. But did same and got angry. Is it because we are in relationship .she want me to be her friend but when I do she stars judging me as my betterhalf? Is she confuse or something .i am not able to understand help me.
I want to knoe dat what is the causes of alcoholic things if we take alcoholic things den what will happens wid us.
Mood swings bother you and everyone around you!
Everyone experiences disappointment or sadness in life. When the "down" times last a long time or interfere with your ability to function, you may be suffering from a common medical illness called depression. According to research, women experience twice the rate of depression as men, regardless of race or ethnic background. An estimated 1 in 8 women will face major depression in their lifetimes. Despite high prevalence rates people are reluctant to acknowledge clinical depression as a disorder that should be evaluated and treated.
Researchers suspect that, rather than a single cause, many factors unique to women's lives play a role in developing depression. These factors include - genetic and biological, reproductive, hormonal, abuse and oppression, interpersonal and certain psychological and personality characteristics. However the stages in a woman's life can also subject her to depression- menstruation, pregnancy, child birth and menopause. Given below are some of the signs and symptoms that you may be experiencing related to your life stage.
Premenstrual Dysphonic Disorder - This affects around 3-8% of the women. In this behavioral changes are observed in women 5 days prior to the commencement of their menstrual cycle. The common symptoms are:
Lack of interest in common activities, such as hobbies
Moderate to severe feelings of tension or anxiety with low energy
Mood Swings , such as feeling overly sensitive
Moderate to severe feelings of hopelessness or depression, feeling overwhelmed
Physical symptoms, such as weight gain, joint or muscle pain, or a headache
Changes in sleeping patterns, such as sleeping too much or too little
Changes in eating habits or food cravings
Problems focusing or concentrating
Unusual irritability or anger
Management: Be calm and relaxed. Keep a check and monitor your cycle and emotional outbursts. If you notice some continuity it's important that you consult a specialist. Ignoring the issues can have an effect on your relationships. Be open and talk to your family and your partner about the same.
Pregnancy and Post Partum Mood Disorders- Pregnancy is a stage in which a woman's body is going through a number of hormonal changes. These changes can have a major effect on the mood and can increase the risk of developing depression. Even post pregnancy the risk doesn't end. The following are a list of symptoms. Be informed if you are pregnant or have just delivered a child.
Lifestyle or work changes resulting in relationship problems
Episodes of depression and irritability
Feeling of lack of social support and lost feeling
Mixed feelings about being pregnant
Feeling that pregnancy has pulled you down
Please note that a woman can feel depressed during pregnancy and the feeling can become worse post child birth. It affects 10-25% of women in India. It's important to understand that it's not just you but your body that is going through change. Hormonal fluctuations, psychological pressures and social support all attribute to the same. Be open and consult specialists. Also talk to your family and your spouse.
Peri Menopause and Menopause Depression- Risk of depression may increase during the transition to menopause, a stage called Peri menopause, when hormone levels may fluctuate erratically. Depression risk also may rise during early menopause or after menopause - both times when estrogen levels are significantly reduced.
Women need to aware that they are vulnerable to develop depression and need professional help to avoid it from causing personal and functional impairment.
Be informed and consult a Psychiatrist if you are experiencing any of the above.
A patient is suffering in bipolar disorder for seven years, he is taking lithium for three years how can we check the disease is decreased or not. Is it safe to keep in home.
Im planning to stop smoking after 2 months. I hve been smoking for the last three months. Will there be any complications during withdrawal.
Before 4-5 years I was suffering from high fever, in that condition automatically I lost hearing from my right ear only auditory nerve is damaged drum and everything is perfect, I have done checkups and treatments but everyone said no chance to solve or fix it now, and I do not believe that its a impossible thing.:) because of My ear drum is perfect I can hear touch, voice or sound but not from auditory nerve. So do you have any doctor who can treat and solve this issue?
I am getting depressed day by day I am not working my homework not working my reading what to do please suggest me.
Which is the best Medicine for Increasing Brain Power Forgetness Fast recall The Things. With and also Suggest some Exercise.
You had a hectic week and by the time weekend rolls in, all you just want to do is kick back and sleep. But in the blink of an eye, the weekend’s gone and you feel stressed because you wasted it. The weekdays are all about your work and the weekends should be about you. So, here are some tips to de-stress your weekend:
- Do some yoga: Yoga is a relaxing and calming activity. So bring out your yoga mat and stretch or meditate. You would feel your stress levels dropping immediately!
- Hang out with an old friend: Call up an old friend and go check out that new café you have heard so much about. Unwind over a cup of lazy afternoon coffee and you would be surprised how happy you feel afterwards.
- Sweat your stress out: If yoga isn’t your thing, hit the gym and sweat it out by doing some cardio or playing your favourite sport. Being active prevents heart diseases and helps you lose weight while making you happy and relaxed as well!
- Potluck dinners: Host a dinner where every one of your guests brings something to eat thus, cutting down on your stress of preparing a lavish spread. And you get to socialise in plenty too.
- Trying new recipes: Read an interesting recipe somewhere over the week? Why don’t you try it out this weekend? Cooking or baking can be great therapeutic activities.
- The importance of being idle: Do nothing or pick up a book, watch a movie to relieve your stress. This is your “me” time, so do what you want to relax.
- Long walks: Not only it is a good thing for your heart, walking is amazingly de-stressing. So when you do your errands this weekend, walk instead of driving everywhere.
- Sitcoms: A good laugh can help you relax. So put on your favourite comedy show, or check out the show your friend recommended.
- Limit your chores: Don’t spend all your weekend doing chores, instead do all of them in the mornings so you can keep your afternoons free. This will keep your mind blessedly unoccupied.
- Prepare a to-do list: Yes, the last thing you need to do is prepare for the work week ahead, but making a to-do list can be relaxing, especially if you have a lot on your mind. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.