Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Savita Latkar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Savita LatkarYour feedback matters!
Yesterday me and my girlfriend tried to have sex but we did not have because of her vagina was so tight and she got pain while penetrating .And after that she gave a blowjob and spits out her saliva all .Then she kissed me and after sometime I licked her vagina lips on upper side just about three times .I did not cum while blowjob .so is there any chance for her to get pregnancy .Thing is she did not got her period last month and doctor suggested some tablets but she did not taken of some issues .can she take i-pill or no need?
Today I had sex with my friend and my condom is broke at the time of ejaculation due to which I am worried that my friend got pregnant Can she take the I pill or the same is safe and intercourse done two hours before this message Please advise me urgently.
I always have regular cycle of 26-33 days. I had unprotected sexual act on the 19th day of my cycle. There was no penetration. But there was stimulation with hands. And there was precum.in the hands. And then he stimulated me. With the hands. Though he had peed before the sexual act. And throughout the act there was no ejaculation. And after the incident after 8 days .i got my periods for 2 days. With lower abdominal pain and lower back pain. I changed 5 pads. But there was dizziness and breast and nipple pain this tym. Today is the 4 day of the period and I hav almost stopped bleeding with only few spotting. Also today a hpt was taken with the morning sample with the help of prega news which turned out to be negative. So it is possible that I am still pregnant. As I do not want to be pregnant now. Please help me with your advise. Please please please. I do not want to be pregnant .
I just want to know whether one can get periods on 18th day or can it be a sign of pregnancy? We are planning for a child.
Hi ma'am, I am 28 years married woman and I am suffering from itching in my vagina from last 15 days, I have tried washing with salt water and also with dettol & savlon I get relief for few minutes and then again the same problem. There is a white cloudy discharge too but without any smell, so ma'am pls suggest me what to do.
Infertility is when a female is not able to conceive for almost a year when not using contraception or is not able to carry the pregnancy through to term. With changing lifestyles, the incidence of infertility is on the rise. It is due to a combination of factors including lifestyle changes, improper diet habits, genetics, a healthy relationship, and of course all leading to body imbalances.
Ayurveda believes that infertility is caused by lack of “shukra dhatu” which is basically the reproductive tissue. A healthy semen, healthy ovum, and healthy uterus are essential for a healthy pregnancy. This shukra dhatu is the 7th element and is formed by a sequence of reactions between other 6 dhatus. The entire chain reaction must be healthy to achieve a healthy shukra dhatu, the 7th element. While Bringhana types of foods nourish all the dhatus, the Vrishya types of foods enhance the shukra dhatu per se.
Addressing diet, therapies, and lifestyle changes using a combination of measures is necessary to ensure healthy dhatus are formed, leading to healthy pregnancy.
- Swedanam: This is a form of therapy where there is the use of heavy blankets and some exercises. The idea is to get the patient to sweat out the toxins, and once the toxins are out of the system, fertility is ensured.
- Vamanam: This is a detox system, where vomiting is induced to get the undigested food and toxins out of the body.
- Basti: This involves giving an enema to the person rectally, with the result of achieving cleaner sperms and eggs which are essential for healthy pregnancy.
- Shirodhara: Using medicated herbal oils where they are moved over the forehead at specific points in a rhythmic manner helps in body mind balancing. It stimulates the pituitary gland, hypothalamus, and pineal glands which play a significant role in secreting adequate amounts of hormones essential for pregnancy. FSH is essential for the release of the egg, where the process of fertility begins.
- Gokshura: This is useful in women with polycystic ovaries, where it stimulates the ovaries and is effective in promoting conception.
- Shatavari: This is useful in regulating menstruation and is also useful in women with polycystic ovaries, who generally have a problem conceiving. It nourishes and cleanses the female reproductive organs and restores hormonal balances which are essential for conception and pregnancy.
Lodhra boosts the amount of pregnancy hormones in circulation (FSH and LH). In women who have had repeated miscarriages, giving this a couple of months in advance can help in preventing miscarriages or abortions.
In addition to these, a healthy lifestyle with diet and exercise minus alcohol and smoking leads to overall health, which is very helpful in conception and pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am not sure about my periods. On 8th august I got brown periods. I am not sure was it implantation or not I had sex on 29 july then after 18 august with my hubby My ultrasound on 30 sep dated me 7 wrek 6 days gestation age And on 31st october it dated me 12 week 3 days. I want to know when I conceive Because I have irregular periods and keeping in mind tat ultrasound can be off.
I had a unprotected sex with my husband. He took out his penis and did not allowed sperm to get in my uterus. But after two days I have my periods i.e before weak than my normal periods .i do not know what to do as we do not want child yet.
You're said to suffer from the problem of acute kidney failure if your kidneys suddenly stop working and lose their ability to eliminate waste materials including excess fluids and salts from the blood. The condition usually develops quickly over a few days or even a few hours. When this happens, waste materials accumulate in your blood, disrupting the chemical balance of your bloodstream.
So, what causes this problem?
Acute kidney failure can occur because of any one of these reasons:
1. A drop or slowdown of blood flow to the kidneys - Adequate blood circulation to the kidneys is of great importance as without it the kidneys may end malfunctioning. If blood flow to the kidney is hampered, a part of or the entire kidney may die. You may suffer from acute kidney failure if blood flow to the kidneys gets impaired due to conditions like
- Heavy blood loss
- Sepsis (body's inflammatory reaction to an infection, which can bring about organ failure, tissue damage, and death)
- Use of certain drugs
- Heart disease
2. Urinary obstructions - A sudden blockage that hampers your kidney's ability to eliminate urine can also bring about acute kidney failure. When this happens, it leads to a build up of toxins in the body, causing an overload of the kidneys. Conditions that bring about this urinary obstruction include:
3. Disease within the kidneys - Even instances of clotting within the blood vessels of the kidneys can lead to acute kidney failure. This is because if the movement of blood cells within the blood vessels gets hampered, kidneys are not able to filter out toxins from the body. The conditions and diseases that may cause clotting, and subsequently damage to the kidneys include:
- Scleroderma (an autoimmune disease that affects connective tissues and skin)
- Build-up of cholesterol deposits
- Glomerulonephritis (an inflammatory condition of the kidney's ball-shaped structures called glomeruli)
- Hemolytic uremic syndrome (a condition that occurs due to untimely death of red blood cells)
- Lupus (a disorder of the body's immune system that brings about damage to the body's own organs and tissues)
Women who are in the habit of pleasuring themselves regularly are likely to enjoy better and satisfying love lives with their partners and are more self confident in nature. Women who indulge in masturbation enjoy a wealth of physical as well as mental health benefits.
Following are the benefits that you should be aware of:
Psychological or mental benefits of female masturbation:
- Helps you accept yourself: Accepting your sexuality is very important as it makes you aware of your body and makes you comfortable with it. It strengthens your love for yourself and increases your confidence. Paying attention to your sexual desires and fulfilling them yourselves is pleasurable as well as healthy. Masturbation can help you understand your physical needs and relieve stress associated to your personal and professional life.
- Improves mood and busts stress: Masturbation helps you get rid of depressed feelings and in turn positively affects your sexual life with your partner. It improves your mood and is considered an effective stress buster without any associated side effects.
Physical benefits of female masturbation:
- Prevents insomnia: Masturbation can be a natural way to prevent insomnia as there is a subsequent release of hormones and stress involved. During masturbation the hormone called dopamine, increases as the process reaches climax. After orgasm, the hormones called oxytocin are released along with endorphins which consequently help you to sleep better.
- Prevention of infections: Female masturbation is very important as it prevents cervical infections and also relieves you from infections in the urinary tract. Recent studies suggest that masturbation helps relieve you from pain caused by urinary tract infections. It lubricates the vagina and eliminates harmful bacteria from the cervix.
- Better cardiovascular health: Masturbating promotes improvement in cardiovascular health and also effectively lowers the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. It has been observed that women who masturbate regularly are less vulnerable to coronary heart disease and overall have a better immune system.