Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Savita LatkarYour feedback matters!
Dear doctor, I am newly Married (5 months. I was 6 week pregnant but unfortunately I had miscarriage on June 19 and after that doc prescribed for D&E I had D&e on 21 June .everything was normal after D&E .now its all about 2 months have completed n I haven't got my period yet. I am very worried about this .on 16 of Aug I visited gynecologist I told her my history .she then said for usg n it showed that my endometrial lining is 11. 3 mm,DR then prescribe me for meprate 10 mg twice a day for 5 days. Medicine course has completed. How many more days I have to wait for getting my period normally? Because my period were normal before pregnancy but time duration was only 2 days. Please help me doc that was my first pregnancy .is there any complications about anything regarding my period? What should I do doctor please help me? What is the reason of missing period ?when will I find every thing normal.
I have a friend who is 2 years younger to me. We both met on fb and we started meeting outside regularly. We are so close to each other and used to share openly. I never considered him as boy nor did I see him like a boy. We are like same. We had very happy time together. After 2 years of our friendship, I fell in love with another guy. We had many similarities and started falling for my bf madly. He is already married and has a son. But he loves me truly and is taking divorce to unite with me. He does evry sacrifice to stay with me. One day I sent my bf I love you with my friend's name at the end. I did this while I was travelling in train and it was just a typo. My bf created a big mess after that. He checked online status of my friend then and he was online. So from then my bf doubts that I have another secret phone with which I secretly chats with my friend. I have already broken all bonds with my friend for my bf. He still uses bad words on me and keeps on abusing me. Even when I go for washroom or bath, he doubts that I am with my friend This has gone wild. He stopped taking food and became mad. I am also loosing my health because of this. I keep crying everyday and try to convince him that im not in contact with my friend. Please help me with this.
I'm 27 years old nd I take unwanted 72 on 16/4/17 after 2 hr of sex nd after that I have abdominal pain continuously, what is provisional diagnosis and what should I do?
It is important that you understand and fulfil the needs of your partner and address issues that concern you both. Sexual intercourse for humans is not only a reproductive act, but is also considered to be an emotional and pleasurable act. However, statistics report that almost 30% of the women experience pain during intercourse. This not only hampers the pleasure but is also an unhealthy sign since it is indicative of a problem.
Painful intercourse could be a regular occurrence, or a sporadic one. There could be numerous reasons that cause the discomfort and pain. Though it might be an early manifestation of grave diseases such as endometriosis or fibroids, but more often, it is triggered due to conditions such as vaginal dryness, yeast infection, bacterial vaginiosis, which can be easily treated. It is pertinent to understand that it is not the physical infirmity of the entire female anatomy that causes such pain/ discomfort, but the existence of certain conditions that can be treated by a medical practitioner.
Certain such causal factors associated with painful intercourse and the efficient ways to deal with them are discussed below:
- Vaginal dryness: Vaginal dryness is one of the most commonly cited causes for painful intercourse. There are various causal factors of vaginal dryness. These include, but are not limited to, consumption of certain drugs, bathing with hot water, health conditions or even lack of foreplay. Vaginal dryness due to the aforementioned causes is a short-lived condition that can be treated well with the help of a medical practitioner. Usage of lubricants that is suitable for you, as advised by a medical practitioner, could go a long way in aiding the ease of sexual intercourse. The lubricants act as an effective substitute, if the body is unable to naturally secrete vaginal fluids to ease intercourse, thereby greatly reducing the pain that is experienced.
- Improper vaginal expansion: The female anatomy is designed in such a way that it expands normally during intercourse. Proper foreplay enables the woman to get excited, which results in the release of vaginal fluids that aids in sexual intercourse. However, in the event that the female is not excited enough prior to the act, sexual intercourse can become a painful act, since the vagina is unable to expand in the absence of vaginal fluids. In such cases, take things slow and give your body time to comfortably go with the flow.
- Vaginal itching caused by infection: Vaginal infections can be caused by antibiotics, prior sexual activity that has resulted in contraction of Sexually Transmitted Diseases etc. This results in an itching or burning sensation while having sex. It is essential to rest your body instead of forcing things and to consult your doctor as soon as possible. The doctor can correctly diagnose the causal factors behind the infection, and prescribe the necessary medicines for it.
However, if your symptoms vary from the common ones mentioned above, or in case you have a different query, it is always advisable to consult the doctor.
Today employees working in rotating shift duty at different services across 24 hrs in each week (24/7)is a common work culture phenomena. Being a consultant I found that shift duty as a major cause of some common but persistent health problems. Shift rotating duties may lead to increased degeneration process of the body. If we consider increasing age as a factor along with this, it can lead to serious health problems in some individuals. In addition to this employees take a meal in canteens but its food quality, making methods and nutritional value are different from home. All these factors lead to health problems commonly related to the digestive system and other systems of the body.
Shift duties as risk factors to diseases
1) Cardiovascular disease (heart diseases)
2) Stress, depression
3) Insomnia (no sleep), headache
5) Gastrointestinal disorders -acidity, bloating, IBS etc.
6) Musculoskeletal disorders - joint pain, back pain etc.
7) Diabetes, asthma...
It's not just about shift duty; our body is well adjustable to any situation. It just needs time to adjust .As the body and circadian clock trying to adjust; your duty shift rotates again. In this cycle of the rotation, body tends to have more wear and tear resulting in health problems as it affects body metabolism and immunity. Research shows that injuries and accidents have been estimated to increase by 15% in evening shifts and 28% in night shifts. U S - NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY and HEALTH recommends employers to avoid quick shift changes and should rotating shifts schedules should rotate forward.
A Recent study shows that 12am to 3 am is the natural time of healing and detoxification of the body. This period is essential to maintain an equilibrium of body as well as of mind.
Ayurveda says that constituents of the human body should be in SAMYA AVASTHA (BALANCED) to maintain body health and mind health. That becomes hard to achieve due to shifting duties nowadays. Ayurveda will help you in this regard by
1) Suggesting lifestyle changes
2) Diet plan
3) Exercise and yoga
4) Detoxification therapies
5) Medicines -if needed to treat health problems.
Hello doctor, again same thing happening with me as last time. My period is due. I have to get my periods on 4 may. V had our intercourse on 16 April nd alternative days till may 1 nd last month I got on 4 April. Last month I got my periods delay for 12 days. Nd taken test it was negative. Nd this tym also not got my periods. My periods usually 30 to 33 days. Cycle. So please suggest me till how many days I have to wait for my periods. Nd take pregnancy test. My weight is 61 kg. Having hypothyroid taking tab 62 mg thyronorm. Daily. M worried please suggest me.
Menorrhagia is a medical condition in which a woman experiences excessive blood loss during menstruation. Though for some women, heavy bleeding might be normal, but Menorrhagia refers to such a condition in which a woman encounters anomalous bleeding. Generally, menstrual bleeding continues for a maximum period of seven days, however, in case of Menorrhagia, the bleeding continues for more than seven days.
Different causes are responsible for Menorrhagia. Some of the causes are mentioned below:
- In case of some women, miscarriage during pregnancy can lead to the development of Menorrhagia.
- Hormonal imbalance (especially Estrogen and Progesterone) can cause Menorrhagia.
- Any fibroid growth in the uterus region can also result in Menorrhagia.
- Birth control procedures like birth control shot, vaginal ring or intake of birth control pills can sometimes lead to a condition of Menorrhagia.
- For some women, anovulation (unable to ovulate at least once in a month) may result in Menorrhagia.
- Disorder related to platelet count can also cause Menorrhagia.
- Uterus cancer can also result in Menorrhagia.
- Maladies, related to kidney, liver or thyroid can also result in Menorrhagia.
- Sometimes, hereditary bleeding complications like Willebrand's disease (drop in the blood's clotting protein) can also cause Menorrhagia.
- At times, pelvic inflammatory diseases such as a fallopian tube infection can cause Menorrhagia.
The most common symptoms of Menorrhagia are as follows:
- Constant necessity to replace sanitary pads
- Unbearable menstrual cramps
- You may often notice passage of blood clots with regular bleeding
- Sometimes, the person may become anemic
- Body fatigue and drowsiness
Treatment for Menorrhagia: Menorrhagia is easily curable. Many treatment methods are available such as intake of iron tablets to prevent anemia, painkillers like Ibuprofen to control menstrual cramps and hormone therapy to cease excess bleeding. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi mam I am trying to conceive for 3 months but not yet successful I had sex at my most fertile day n mostly I had sex 5 or 6 times in a month. I have 4 fibroids in my uterus but after my ultrasound my doctor said they are not creating any problem. I want to conceive soo badly pls help .this month I thought em pregnant bcoz my periods were 2 days late but it suddenly started. Pls guide me can. I.take vitamins if yes then let me know which one? And y I am not conceiving my periods are very regular and good.
Are you suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome and are looking for an ideal remedy? Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD is a common female health condition. It is a complex disorder and involves several factors which include insulin resistance, obesity, irregular menstrual bleeding, insufficient ovum production, and abnormal menstrual cycles. PCOD commonly occurs during the reproductive age of a woman and accounts for being a major cause of infertility.
According to Ayurvedic principles, PCOD occurs primarily due to the imbalance state of your doshas. The dosha vaishanmya is linked to the symptoms of PCOD, and the relationship between the doshas and lakshans is permanent.
PCOD is associated with stri beeja and rajah formation, along with medhodhantu to some extent. These should be attended to while the condition is being treated. The Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD aims at providing ideal care by correction of the ama dosha. By this, you achieve koshta shuddi, which in turn regularizes your tridoshas. The way or approach towards Ayurvedic treatment for PCOD includes the following:
- Treatment of agnimandya at both dhatwagni and jataragni levels.
- The alleviation of sroto avarodha is an essential part of PCOD treatment using Ayurveda. You should undertake purificatory therapies which are based on the grade of your doshic vitialation, and the exact area of affliction. These should be followed by rasayana drugs, which are free radical scavenging agents.
- The regularization of the apana Vata is essential as well. You must firmly avoid vihara and kaphkara ahara.
- Yoga and meditation are very important for the Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD. You should perform yoga asanas regularly. Some of the ideal postures for PCOD management include sarvangasana, matyasana, and shavasana.
- It is also very important for you to work out regularly, undertake different physical exercises. This will make your overall life much healthier.
- You must follow a healthy, balanced diet regularly, which should consist of fresh vegetables and fruits.
Ayurvedic herbs for the treatment of PCOD
- The varuna crataeva nurvala is an effective herb which helps in the clearance of channels, which reduces your cyst’s size.
- You can try hareetaki because of its amazing laxative effects, which reduce the morbidity of your body.
- Bilva or aegle marmelos heps in reducing the size of your growth, via its digestive effect.
- Strotasshuddhi is required and herbs likes Punarnava, kaphhar medicines are advised.
- Phytooestrogen sources and female tonic Shatavari is very much advised.
- Agnimantha, similar to lions. Lake er dhareyjata
- Guduchi is another effective remedy for PCOD and has a rejuvenating effect.
- Kanchnar is the drug of choice for Thyroid as per AYURVEDA, Strotasshuddhi is done by using Trikatu, Punarnava and other medicines. Rasayan like Shatavari are advised for enhancing female hormones.
If you are experiencing any symptom of PCOD, it is recommended for you to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner. This ensures that proper diagnosis is undertaken so that you can start treating the condition as early as possible.