Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Savita DimbleYour feedback matters!
Gestational hypertension normally resolves following birth, and blood pressure returns to normal. But women with elevated blood pressure during pregnancy are at higher risk of hypertension, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease later in life. Sabour and colleagues evaluated 491 healthy postmenopausal women selected from participants enrolled in the PROSPECT (Predictors of Response to Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy) study from 1993?1997. Women with a history of gestational hypertension had an almost 60% increased risk of having coronary calcification several decades later compared with women who had normal blood pressure during pregnancy. The relationship held for women who had mild elevations in blood pressure during pregnancy as well as for those who developed preeclampsia ? a more serious complication of pregnancy characterized by very high blood pressure, edema, and risk of organ damage.
I am 36 years old my wife is 34 years old he is suffering from irregular minsus and now for this month period not arrived but while coughing blood comes what should I do ?
My friend told me that she didn't come her monthly period for nearly 2 month, she's had sex with her boyfriend and also they use condom. What's the possible problem for this and which tablet she need to take.
There is shortage of water during 8 month pregnancy, please advise its remedy to overcome this deficiency?
Sir,My husband working in army i want to be get pregnent next week he will come 30 holiday please suggest and help?
Hello Doctor, my first day of last period was on 20 March, and on 5th April I got a sharp pain in lower stomach same as that of period, mild cramping lasted for 4 days and after that, now and then from 2 days I feel slight pain or in better words some kind of sensation on my lower right of abdomen. I also have bit itching in my vaginal opening. Could I be pregnant?
Hello doctor. I am 23 years married girl. My menstrual cycle is normal of 30 days & bleeding for 4 days. My lmp was 12 june. Since last 6-7 days i'm getting cramping pain in my lower abdomen. What will be the reason?
Female orgasmic disorder is now quite common in women of all ages and there are innumerable therapies that can treat this trouble efficiently. This trouble mainly leads to lowering of sexual desire, mainly due to lower production of testosterone. On the other hand, libido also gets decreased as a result of which lubrication gets hampered a lot.
Major therapies for treating FOD:
- Counselling therapy: This kind of therapy has currently gained popularity as a sex therapy. This therapy is useful among all and can offer optimized benefits in treating FOD. The root troubles of FOD can be easily and accurately detected by this therapy. Some commonest troubles are relationship issues, past abuse, depression, anxiety and other related ones. In this case, you have to consult any experienced counsellor who has specialization in conducting the concerned therapy.
- Hormonal-replacement therapy: This is also quite a popular therapy that can help in increasing the sexual drive in females. This therapy is mainly conducted for increasing the efficiency of the sexual hormones in women so that they can take part in sexual interaction with their partners actively without any hindrances. Menopause symptoms can be completely eliminated using this therapy so that you can fully concentrate on your sexual desires. There are some specific medications that are used in this therapy so that hormonal efficiency can be boosted.
- Taking supplements: You can now take different kinds of organic or natural supplements that can increase your sexual drive and enhance your testosterone levels. Make sure that only herbal ingredients have been included in the supplements so that unwanted adverse effects can be easily curtailed, and you can only get the real effects. Arginmax is a common supplement which is highly enriched with nutrients and thus your body will get all kinds of essential nutrients, especially amino acids that not only increase the sexual arousal but also the blood flow.
The physical desires of a woman fluctuate significantly from time to time and vary according to the different phases of her life. On experiencing hormonal changes in menstruation, pregnancy or menopause, there is a dramatic change in a female’s overall libido and leads to female orgasmic disorder. Factors such as aging, illness, trauma, low energy levels, effects of medications, reproductive system issues, lack of privacy, priority changes, job stress and bad lifestyle habits are also major reasons.
Sexual dysfuntion is a common problem among females as compared to males which is characterized by persistent lack of interest in engaging in intimate relations which can be a very frustrating situation for a married couple as it brings about dullness and stagnancy in their lives. There is no need of seeking medical help for this frigidity in women as low female libido can be easily cured by taking ayurvedic female libido enhancer pills. You can also take a health package - libido enhancement for women from an ayurveda sexologist.
Aphrodisiacs – Ayurvedic Understanding, Useful Herbs
Sex power boosting Ayurvedic herbs are called as aphrodisiacs. These are the herbs and medicines that promote sexual vigor in female.
- Shatavari- An aphrodisiac for women, it has tonic and calming properties. Besides increasing energy levels, it also helps to regulate the levels of the female hormones and thus, has a beneficial effect on the functioning of the reproductive system. Although primarily prescribed for women, Shatavari is also considered useful to increase the sex drive in men too. Here’s more about the herb shatavari.
- Ashwagandha- Ayurveda identifies ashwagandha as a potent aphrodisiac, which is known to increase blood flow to clitoris and other female sexual organs, creating an intense sexual pleasure.
- Gokshura- Studies of women who use this herb report greater desire, increased arousal, lubrication, more intense orgasms and satisfaction. It is known to stimulate androgen receptors in the brain making a female’s body much more responsive to testosterone and other sex hormones.
- Maidenhair: Long been known as a women’s herb to increase all-round sexual function and health in women, maidenhair is known to help balance levels of estrogen and progesterone in the female body and can improve sexual drive and function.
I have symptoms of Chlamydia and should I take medicine for that without testing I have symptoms and I did not tested should I take the medicine.
I had intercourse with my gf on 27th April late night. I used standard condom and just after finishing intercourse she asked if I have ejaculated over her vagina (she said this while touching outer part of her vagina). I was sure that condom wasn't torn, even went to washroom and checked it closely. I thought it must be her own wet lube. After 10 mins, even asked her to get washed off. 2 days later on 30th, she vomited in the afternoon and said it may be due to hot summer. Since then I got worried. I'm sure I didn't ejaculate inside her and condom wasn't torn. Her last periods were on 11 april and it's been more than 3 days since our intercourse. She doesn't have any abdominal pain as such and no other issue till now. Want to know if there is anything worrying? Any precaution to be taken?
Is viagra safe to have for sex because I'm not able to last more time. So can you tell me detail about it!
I got married before 4 months, still now we didn't had sex. My wife is afraid of sex. She is thinking it will be more painful. She is thinking of taking some sleeping pills and have sex for first time so that it won't hurt. Please advise.
Natural Ways to Increase Your Testotorone
1. Lose Weight If you're overweight, shedding the excess pounds may increase your testosterone level. Overweight men are more likely to have low testosterone levels to begin with. If you are serious about losing weight, you have got to strictly limit the amount of processed sugar in your diet, as evidence is mounting that excess sugar, and fructose in particular, is the primary driving factor in the obesity epidemic. So cutting soda from your diet is essential, as is limiting fructose found in processed foods, fruit juice, excessive fruit and so-called "healthy" sweeteners. Ideally you should keep your total fructose consumption below 25 grams per day and this includes fruits. This is especially true if you have insulin resistance and are overweight, have high blood pressure, diabetes or high cholesterol.In addition to eliminating or severely limiting fructose, it will be vital to eliminate all grains and milk in your diet. Milk has a sugar called lactose, which has been shown to increase insulin resistance so it will be wise to avoid it if you are seeking to lose weight.Refined carbohydrates like breakfast cereals, bagels, waffles, pretzels, and most other processed foods also quickly break down to sugar, increase your insulin levels, and cause insulin resistance, which is the number one underlying factor of nearly every chronic disease and condition known to man, including weight gain.As you cut these dietary troublemakers from your meals, you need to replace them with healthy substitutes like vegetables and healthy fats. Your body prefers the carbohydrates in micronutrient-dense vegetables rather than grains and sugars because it slows the conversion to simple sugars like glucose, and decreases your insulin level. When you cut grains and sugar from your meals, you typically will need to radically increase the amount of vegetables you eat, as well as make sure you are also consuming protein and healthy fats regularly.The foods you choose to eat will be the driving force behind successfully achieving your weight loss goals -- high-intensity, short-burst-type exercises, two to three times per week, combined with a comprehensive fitness plan, is important too, and has an additional benefit as well
2. Both intermittent fasting and short intense exercise have been shown to boost testosterone.Short intense exercise has a proven positive effect on increasing testosterone levels and preventing its decline. Intermittent fasting boosts testosterone by increasing the expression of satiety hormones including insulin, leptin, adiponectin, glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1), colecystokinin (CKK) and melanocortins, all of which are known to potentiate healthy testosterone actions, increase libido and prevent age-related testosterone decline.Having a whey protein meal after exercise can further enhance the satiety/testosterone-boosting.
.3. Consume Plenty of Zinc the mineral zinc is important for testosterone production, and supplementing your diet for as little as six weeks has been shown to cause a marked improvement in testosterone among men with low levels. Likewise, research has shown that restricting dietary sources of zinc leads to a significant decrease in testosterone, while zinc supplementation increases itmand even protects men from exercised-induced reductions in testosterone levels. It's estimated that up to 45 percent of adults over the age of 60 may have lower than recommended zinc intakes. Your diet is the best source of zinc; along with protein-rich foods like meats and fish, other good dietary sources of zinc include raw milk, raw cheese, beans, and yogurt or kefir made from raw milk. It can be difficult to obtain enough dietary zinc if you're a vegetarian, and also for meat-eaters as well, largely because of conventional farming methods that rely heavily on chemical fertilizers and pesticides. Taking too much zinc can interfere with your body's ability to absorb other minerals, especially copper, and may cause nausea as a side effect.
4. Strength TrainingIn addition to Peak Fitness, strength training is also known to boost testosterone levels, provided you are doing so intensely enough. When strength training to boost testosterone, you'll want to increase the weight and lower your number of reps, and then focus on exercises that work a large number of muscles, such as dead lifts or squats.
5. Optimize Your Vitamin D LevelsVitamin D, a steroid hormone, is essential for the healthy development of the nucleus of the sperm cell, and helps maintain semen quality and sperm count. Vitamin D also increases levels of testosterone, which may boost libido. In one study, overweight men who were given vitamin D supplements had a significant increase in testosterone levels after one year.
6.D deficiency is currently at epidemic proportions in the United States and many other regions around the world, largely because people do not spend enough time in the sun to facilitate this important process of vitamin D production.So the first step to ensuring you are receiving all the benefits of vitamin D is to find out what your levels are using, more recently the optimal vitamin D level has been raised to 50-70 ng/ml.To get your levels into the healthy range, sun exposure is the BEST way to optimize your vitamin D levels; exposing a large amount of your skin until it turns the lightest shade of pink, at dusk or dawn is typically necessary to achieve adequate vitamin D. As a last resort, a vitamin D3 supplement can be taken orally, but research suggests the average adult needs to take 8,000 IU's of vitamin D per day in order to elevate their levels above 40 ng/ml, which is the absolute minimum for disease prevention.
6. Reduce StressWhen you're under a lot of stress, your body releases high levels of the stress hormone cortisol. This hormone actually blocks the effects of testosterone, presumably because, from a biological standpoint, testosterone-associated behaviors (mating, competing, aggression) may have lowered your chances of survival in an emergency (hence, the "fight or flight" response is dominant, courtesy of cortisol).In the modern world, chronic stress, and subsequently elevated levels of cortisol, could mean that testosterone's effects are blocked in the long term, which is what you want to avoid.My favorite overall tool to manage stress i It's a handy, Other common stress-reduction tools with a high success rate include prayer, meditation, laughter and yoga, for example. Learning relaxation skills, such as deep breathing and positive visualization, which is the "language" of the subconscious.When you create a visual image of how you'd like to feel, your subconscious will understand and begin to help you by making the needed biochemical and neurological changes.
7. Limit or Eliminate Sugar from Your DietTestosterone levels decrease after you eat sugar, which is likely because the sugar leads to a high insulin level, another factor leading to low testosterone. Based on estimates, an average person consumes 12 teaspoons of sugar a day, which equates to about TWO TONS of sugar during a lifetime.Why we eat this much sugar is not difficult to understand -- it tastes good, and it gives us pleasure by triggering an innate process in your brain via dopamine and opioid signals. most people stand to reap major improvements in their health by cutting back on, or eliminating, sugar altogether from their diets. Remember foods that contain added sugar and fructose, as well as grains like bread and pasta, should all be limited.If you're struggling with sugar addiction and having trouble dealing with cravings, try psychotherapy.
8. Eat Healthy FatsBy healthy, this means not only mon- and polyunsaturated fats, like that found in avocadoes and nuts, but also saturated, as these are essential for building testosterone.
9.The ideal diet includes somewhere between 50-70 percent fat.It's important to understand that your body requires saturated fats from animal and vegetable sources (such as meat, dairy, certain oils, and tropical plants like coconut) for optimal functioning, and if you neglect this important food group in favor of sugar, grains and other starchy carbs, your health and weight are almost guaranteed to suffer.
Endometriosis is a common gynecological disorder where the tissue lining of the uterus grows outside the uterine cavity. Endometriosis is caused most commonly by menstrual blood flowing back in the Fallopian tubes, instead of leaving the body. This endometrial tissue may then leak into the abdomen through a surgical scar or cut in the uterine lining, leading to endometriosis.
Here are five things you should know about this condition:
It is hard to diagnose
The first roadblock to diagnosing endometriosis is that though it is a very common condition, there is a lack of knowledge about it. The classic symptoms include heavy periods, painful bowel movements and urination, depression, fatigue and pain all over the body. The only way to correctly diagnose endometriosis is through a laparoscopy or keyhole surgery.
Endometriosis is not equal to infertility
One of the myths surrounding endometriosis is that it causes infertility, however, this is not true. When treated properly, endometriosis does not affect your fertility, and it is still safe for you to have children. At the same time,you should also know that being pregnant does not cure the condition.
It can reduce your sex drive
One of the symptoms of endometriosis is chronic pain all over the body. This, coupled with fatigue and depression can reduce your sex drive drastically. Additionally, the act of intercourse itself also becomes painful for women suffering from endometriosis. This pain can be managed with the use of pain relievers, or by experimenting with positions, which is most comfortable for you.
Some women have a higher risk of endometriosis
The exact cause that triggers the endometriosis is still unknown. However, certain factors are said to raise the risk of endometriosis, such as:
1, Genetics: Endometriosis may be passed genetically from generation to generation.
2. Pelvic infections: Scarring of the uterine walls via infections or surgeries can give the menstrual blood that falls back to the Fallopian tubes a way out of the uterine cavity, and hence, lead to endometriosis.
3. Short Menstrual cycles: Women with menstrual cycles that are shorter than 27 days, or those who have periods that last longer than 7 days are more susceptible to endometriosis than others. However, myths that suggest delaying pregnancy as one of the causes of endometriosis are false.
There is no known cure
The treatment for endometriosis addresses its various symptoms as there is no known cure for the disease itself. Even a hysterectomy will not cure this disease unless it includes the removal of your ovaries as well. Over the counter pain medication may help deal with the muscle aches, while hormonal treatments that slow down the production of estrogen can help with the painful menses. Light exercises such as walking and swimming can also help deal with the discomfort of endometriosis.