Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Satish Tadwalkar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Satish TadwalkarYour feedback matters!
I have rheumatoid arthritis can I under go stem cells therapy in india who claim it will cure rheumatoid arthritis completely. Other complications associated with it also cured or won't come .please reply.
I have PCOD problem. I am taking Ayurveda medicines for that. But I'm noticing excess fat in my body increasing day by day. Mainly I can notice that in my arms, thigh and legs. Will this be permanent or can I do anything to reduce the fat. Please suggest me what to do. I am worried a lot. Thanks in advance.
I have acne and acne spots problem. I use Supatret 0.04 % gel before sleep. But no effect in acne and acne spots. Please recommend medicine / gel for this problem. Thank you.
Does aldactone (spironolactone) help to grow hair in the crown? As reported by patients? A proper answer will be more welcomed than a generalized answer.
My face is too much oily. I have used oil control face wash bt did not get any fruitful result. What should I have do?
Keeping the blood sugar at the recommended level can be a challenging task at times. While timely medication is a key prerequisite for controlling diabetes, lifestyle changes plays an important role in keeping the blood sugar under control.
Here is a list of simple yet effective ways of managing diabetes.
- Portion size and carbohydrate count: Carbohydrates are the single most important food element that impacts the level of blood sugar in body. People taking insulin shots should ensure that the portion size of carbohydrates does not exceed the recommended level. Maintaining a diary to keep a check on the carbohydrate count can help in this case.
- Balanced diet: For people suffering from diabetes, it is necessary to have a good mix of fruits, vegetables, fat, starch and protein in each meal. Carbohydrates should be consumed in the form of fruits and whole grains. A doctor advice in this matter can be of great help.
- Avoid sweetened beverages: Sweetened beverages with high sucrose and fructose content have high-calorie content that can directly impact the blood-sugar level. Refraining from these sweetened drinks is a must for diabetes patients.
- Make an exercise plan: Exercising for half hour on a daily basis is highly beneficial for diabetes patients. It makes sense to consult a doctor about the type of exercise that can be done regularly. The right mix of aerobic, cardio and muscle exercise should do the trick.
- Stay hydrated: Staying hydrated is very important during exercise. Dehydration can bring down the blood-sugar level drastically.
- Be prepared: Carrying a small dose of glucose or a snack can come in handy. In case the blood-sugar level drops to an alarming level while exercising, the glucose will ensure that it brings it back to normal quickly.
- Follow the doctor’s instruction: Alcohol is known to cause a lot of complications for diabetic patients. For people whose diabetes is under control, make sure that the doctor gives his go ahead for alcohol consumption.
- Drink carefully: If you get a doctors nod to drink make sure that dry wines and light beer are consumed. These drinks tend to have lesser calories and carbohydrates. Their impact on the blood-sugar level, therefore, becomes minimal.
- Pattern: Stress greatly increases the blood-sugar level. While it is difficult to be stress-free, try to look for a pattern by checking the blood-sugar level after prolonged stress. This will help to identify a pattern which can then be addressed with methods such as yoga, hobby practicing, laughter therapy, etc.
- Get help: Stress management is not an easy task. If stress cannot be controlled with a conventional approached, it makes sense to get professional help to reduce stress.
Indian cuisine is diverse. There are a variety of dishes and cuisines which change every few kilometers. But while everything changes from taste to texture to color, what doesn’t drastically change is the staple such as rice or wheat. Our meals are incomplete without the consumption of either rice or chappatis. But here is the concern, more so for diabetics.
Rice and wheat flour are rich in carbohydrates, especially white rice and fine wheat flour. They break down quickly into glucose and make sugar level of the body to rise sharply. Because of this reason, they are ranked high on the Glycemic Index (GI), an index which ranks food items on the basis of their pace of breaking down into glucose. At a time when the incidence of diabetes is increasing alarmingly in India, with the country already having close to 70 million diabetics, it is important to choose food items cautiously.
The choice of Atta/rice is an important one since, being a staple, we consume them more often than other foods. A staple which can help us in releasing its sugar slowly in the system is thus highly desirable. Aashirvaad Sugar Release Control Atta is one of the many products available in the market which are low on GI and beneficial for those who want to manage their sugar levels.
Wondering why Low GI Atta is the right choice? Let us have a look at some of the benefits:
- Because the Atta is low on GI, it breaks down into sugar slowly in the body, thus helping in managing sugar levels and in maintaining a fit and active lifestyle. Aashirvaad Sugar Release Control Atta has a GI value of less than 55.
- Aashirvaad Sugar Release Control Atta is a blend of whole wheat flour, pulse and legume flours forming a unique “Natural Grain Mix”. Ingredients such as oats and methi ensure that the atta is high in protein and fibre.
- Atta does not contain any artificial ingredients.
- No difference in the taste. Chapattis, puris or paranthas made of Aashirvaad Sugar Release Control Atta taste as good as any other normal atta.
Choosing a low GI product is not only helpful for any diabetic, but also beneficial for the entire family. Mixing different grains in normal Atta is a laborious task and the resulting atta can be hard in bite and bitter in taste and thus may not be liked by all members of the family. So pick up an easily available low GI product which helps in managing diabetes.