Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Satish Shetty
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Satish ShettyYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I have one critical problem. When I am going to latrine that time bleeding the bled with latrine please tel me how can I stop this problem.
Is whole body chemical peel is possible from forehead to toe ? How much can it cost for all 7-8 sittings approx? My height is 5.9 feet approx.
Need a makeup suggestion using some home items for covering black spots ,not remedy or solution I want a makeup suggestion so I wanna need to propose a girl, please tell me a solution plz.
I am 23 yrs. I hv black spot on my face. I consult nd treated to many doctor but no result .i wanna perfect treatment to removed my black spot.
I had an accident on the road. Now wounds are almost done. But red mark are still there. Am using clinical lotion its good to remove or what. Please tell me the truth.
The skin is known as the largest organ in the human body. It covers us from top to toe and has three layers:
- Epidermis: The outermost layer
- Dermis: Lies just beneath the Epidermis
- Hypodermis: It holds the fat and connective tissue
Our skin requires constant care and protection because it is exposed to the ravages of pollution, dust and harmful UV rays. Let us consider the following reasons for taking care of the skin.
- Free Radicals: The particles or molecules that escape from dust, pollution and other such factors in everyday urban living, settle on the skin and clog the pores. It is important to clean the skin every single day and exfoliate at least once a week with a trip to the salon or with a facial scrub at home, so that these can be removed.
- Dead Cells: The skin throws up dead cells on a daily basis, which may not be obvious to the naked eye. These need to be cleared daily as they can also clog the pores and give rise to acne, skin infection and other skin conditions, that can take a turn for the worse with ailments like Melanoma and skin cancer.
- Elasticity: One must keep the skin clean and use anti aging products in a timely manner along with a good moisturiser and sunscreen, so that the supple quality and glow is kept intact with a regular cleanse of the collagen, which can be prevented from slipping away due to neglect. This collagen keeps the elasticity of the skin which makes the skin look firm and young.
- Prevention: One must clean the skin and use skin care products that prevent premature aging and accumulation of free radicals. Prevention is better than cure and this stands true in the case of skin care as well.
- UV Rays: The powerful UV rays can hit your skin persistently and cause long term damage and sun spots. In order to lessen the damaging effect, it is important to use protective skin care products that will help in keeping freckles, age spots, brown spots, skin peeling and excessive sunburn and tanning at bay.
- Skin Problems and Allergies: Bug bites, injuries and other allergies must be taken care of instantly with a visit to the doctor or medicated creams and medication. This will ensure that the delicate texture of the skin does not get marred by possible infection.
It is important to look after your skin with a proper routine of cleansing, toning and moisturising.
Hello sir/madam I've a stitching scars on my hand, those scars are there from last three years, scars are not went after applying moderma cream, I want to remove those scars, what should I do? Please help.
- If you are concerned about your gummy smile find out more from your surgeon regarding various reasons for gummy smile and different treatment modalities.
- It can range from botox to surgical correction.
- Gummy smile can be due to abnormal muscle attachment and their activities or it could be due to deformity of jaw bones.
- Botox provides a temporary solution to permanent problem whereas orthognathic surgery provides life time result.
- Find out more from your facial plastic surgeon