Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Satish Shetty
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Satish ShettyYour feedback matters!
How to get rid of dark circles around eyes? I have them for 2 years since I started wearing glasses.
Looking good and feeling good are sometimes one and the same thing which can be achieved with good skin and a fit body. One can turn to many measures to achieve the same, including cosmetic procedures. Cosmetic surgery like liposuction is generally used to remove the excess fat in the body which cannot be treated with normal exercise or diet control measures. This surgery is conducted by a plastic surgeon. Here is everything you need to know about liposuction.
About: Liposuction is a cosmetic procedure. It removes the excess fat present in one’s body with the help of a procedure known as body contouring. This kind of contouring may be carried out in various parts of the body including the calves, knees, buttocks, hips, abdomen, upper arms, breasts and even the neck and chin area. These are the areas that generally end up accumulating excessive fat which does not go away easily. For some people, persistent diet control and exercising may help. But for severe and chronic cases, one will have to make use of measures like liposuction.
Types of Liposuction: Depending on your case as well as the individual system of the patient, one can go in for one of the various types of liposuction. The fluid injection based liposuction is the most popular and common form where a large dose of medicated solution is injected with a local anaesthesia blended into it. This helps in contracting the blood vessels so that the fat can be suctioned out. The next type is the super wet liposuction where the amount of liquid solution injected is the same as the amount of fat that has to be removed. Ultrasound assisted liposuction uses ultrasonic waves in order to transform the fat cells into liquid which can be vacuumed out later. Further, laser assisted liposuction makes use of laser pulses and beams in order to make the fat cells liquid before they are vacuumed out of the system.
The procedure: The plastic surgeon will make use of a special liposuction machine and cannulas or special instruments, so that the surgery may be carried out in a proper manner. Also, depending on the type of procedure you are going in for, you will require local or general anaesthesia. A small incision is made so that the tube may be inserted for the liquefaction process to begin. After this, the fat that has been dislodged will be vacuumed away through the same suction tube. Small drainage tubes will be inserted to remove blood and fluid from the deflated areas and in some rare cases, blood transfusion or fluid replacement may also be required. High blood pressure and cardiovascular cases should not use this option.
Hello Dr. Can you tell me how do I get rid of dark circles. And lately I have observed rashes Developed on my face. please provide a solution.
If you are thinking of undergoing some skin rejuvenation treatment, you should consider collagen induction therapy. This therapy, also called medical skin needling, is a minimally invasive skin rejuvenation treatment that aims at reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines on your face, and other parts of your body.
Who requires collagen induction therapy?
• Collagen induction therapy suits several types of skin, and it is carried out by people who want to improve their skin laxity, eliminate wrinkles, smoothen lines, and slow down the aging process.
• It is also ideal for improving your appearance, in the case of scarring.
Before the treatment
• Before undergoing this therapy, you should consult an experienced doctor to determine whether the treatment will suit you or not.
• You should also ask the doctor about the procedure, its complications, benefits, and other facts related to collagen induction therapy.
• The treatment involves the use of micro needles on a roller which is moved over your skin for creating evenly spaced puncture wounds.
• As a result of the process, the body’s natural collagen production gets stimulated by the generation of a wound healing response.
• The roller that is used is similar to a tattoo needle, and minimal trauma is caused during the creation of the puncture holes.
• Sometimes, local anesthesia is used for minimizing discomfort. The length of the needles on the roller varies and depends on how deep the needles have to penetrate into the skin.
• Your skin is damaged so that your body is encouraged to produce elastin and collagen, which helps in plumping up and thickening your skin.
• This procedure is performed on your body and face. It usually takes around an hour for the treatment to be undertaken, depending on the area that is being treated.
• After undertaking a collagen induction therapy, it is likely for your skin to be pink in color.
• Some mild bruising and bleeding are also seen, which depends on the length of the needle used for the treatment.
• It usually takes two to three days to recover after the procedure. It is recommended for you to undertake a series of 2 to 5 sittings for maximum benefits and ideal results.
• It may take around 4 to 8 weeks for you to observe the benefits. You should use cosmeceutical grade skin care at home for better and enhanced results.
The collagen induction therapy is designed for stimulating your body’s natural collagen production that helps in improving your skin in several ways. You should consult a doctor and let him decide whether you are fit for the procedure.
Due to use of harsh deodorants I am suffering from dark spots on my underarms and they are burned because of use of deodorant so please help me to solve the problem.
I get lumps in my breast every time before period and these are very sore, I got to know that this because of increase of progesterone hormone level, my question is this lumps come even if I get conceive ,one of my friends said that your breast will be soft if you get conceive and you will not get lumps as before, I would like to know the breast symptoms to notice pregnancy before missing period.
Ageing is often the harshest foe to the skin. The years will take its toll on the skin’s tightness, resulting in loose saggy skin. However, there are many techniques which allow for the rejuvenation and tightening of the skin and help you get your youthful look back. Most of these are usually non-invasive or minimally-invasive and include creams, peels, dermabrasion and other such forms of treatment. One such method which has become quite popular is laser skin tightening.
What is Laser Skin Lightening?
As is evident from the name, this method uses a laser or an infrared light source of a specific wavelength to heat up the treated area. This method of treatment specifically heats up the collagen present under the skin and stimulates it to cause tightening. This treatment also encourages the growth of new collagen under the skin.
Benefits of Laser Skin Tightening:
Some of the benefits of laser skin tightening are mentioned below –
It works deep beneath the skin– While most other treatments make you look younger by treating the superficial layers of skin, laser skin tightening works by stimulating the collagen under the skin and thus works from way deeper, making it a more effective treatment. It can easily correct all forms of lines on your neck, forehead, eyes, wrinkles and blemishes.
Minimally invasive– There is no involvement of surgical tools and thus no incisions, stitches or even injections are used. Although the skin is heated up from beneath the surface with the help of a laser, it is still a minimally invasive procedure.
Less painful– Although the lower layers of the skin are heated up, the laser mechanism allows for the top-most layer of the skin to remain cool, thus lessening the pain and discomfort faced during the procedure.
Minimal downtime– Laser skin tightening is a minimally invasive process and is usually done on an outpatient basis. The total downtime is quite minimal and you can resume daily activities quite quickly after the procedure.
- Lasts for longer– As the new collagen develops under your skin, the effects start to show in full swing in about a couple of months. You may at best need a follow up treatment to ensure that the best results are achieved. However, once the treatment is completed and the skin tightens, the effects do stay for quite a while.