Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Satish Pattanshetti
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Satish PattanshettiYour feedback matters!
Doctor diagnosed ibs and now I used to go toilet 5-6 times a day and getting pain in anus. Can you help me please.
Mere chehere par pimples ke dag he vo jane ke liye koi parmanant solution bataiye koi accha sa cream bataiye please Medarma cream se jayenge kya. .Plz tell me. Thanks.
I have been suffered with pox. I have several marks on my chicks. So what should I do to remove my spots.
Sir my brother suffering from anemia means whenever he is going for latrine he has bleeding due to heat in his body due some pimples are rise in his stomach when going to toilet due to pressure its cuts bleeding how to control this please suggest us? Or is it mulvyadh disease(Piles)?
How to get rid of hyper pigmentation effectively
If you are having a difference in your skin tone or patches on your skin, you might be suffering from hyper pigmentation. In this article you will find all about hyper pigmentation, like (i) what hyper pigmentation is? (ii) what causes hyper pigmentation; and finally (iii) how to get rid of hyper pigmentation naturally.
Hyper pigmentation is not a serious medical condition, but it makes you look old. It's very disturbing and embarrassing when one has dark patches and uneven skin tone. Skin pigmentation can occur to anyone regardless of one's gender, race or age. It's not difficult to treat and get flawless skin.
What is hyper pigmentation?
Mostly there are two types of pigmentation abnormalities that can happen:
I) Hyper pigmentation: It's usually a harmless condition and described as darkening of certain areas of skin, which happens due to overproduction of melanin or pigment. It looks like brown or tan spots on the skin. This is also sometimes called as melasma.
(ii) hypo pigmentation: on the other hand hypo pigmentation is a condition when the melanin or pigmentation production is slowed down and patches of lighter skin or whiter in color appears.
Hyper pigmentation treatments
There are several treatments available, like over-the-counter creams, chemical peels, laser treatment, etc. For fast recovery. If your condition is serious, we suggest that you consult a dermatologist. It is also a good idea to visit a dermatologist before selecting any of the over-the-counter skin pigmentation remedies. However, for those who don't want to go for expensive, harsh or chemical loaded products, here are some natural remedies, which are quite effective and use only the natural ingredients available in the kitchen.
Home remedies to reduce skin pigmentation
1. Potato: potatoes are well known to remove skin pigmentation, dark spots and blemishes. Rub gently a freshly cut slice of potato on the affected areas of your skin every day. Alternatively, mix potato juice with fuller earth and apply this daily to remove pigmentation.
2. Lemon juice and honey: mix lemon juice and pure organic honey in equal proportions. Apply over the affected areas. Whereas lemon acts as natural bleach, the honey has moisturizing properties. However, as lemon is acidic so avoid this remedy in case you are having sensitive skin.
3. Aloe vera juice or aloe vera juice + vitamin e: aloe vera has natural soothing and healing properties. Squeeze out aloe vera gel from an aloe vera leaf and store this in a bottle in refrigerator. Apply this gel over the affected areas for 20 minutes. It works to slough off older skin cells and regenerate the newer ones. To enhance its effectiveness break one vitamin e capsule and add its contents to the gel.
4. Milk and honey: mix milk and honey. You may also add a little curd to this. Milk and curd have lactic acid which works to slough off the affected skin cells, leaving behind fresh skin. This natural remedy helps in reducing skin pigmentation.
5. Cucumber juice: cucumber juice is an effective home remedy in removing skin pigmentation, lightening dark spots and fading blemishes. Apply the cucumber juice alone or mix it with honey and lemon juice in equal proportions. Apply this over the affected areas, regularly once a day, for half an hour and then wash it off.
6. Orange peel: mix dry, powdered orange peel with cold milk (un-skimmed and un-boiled) and a little honey to make out a thick paste. Apply it gently over the pigmented skin and patches; let it sit there for half an hour then wash it off.
7. Tomato, oatmeal and yogurt: tomato acts as natural bleach. Yogurt also works as natural bleach and has skin tightening properties. Oatmeal works as a natural scrubber.
Squeeze out tomato juice and add 2 tsp. Of oatmeal and 1/2 tsp. Of yogurt. Apply this mixture gently on the pigmented skin areas and let it sit for 20 minutes to dry and then wash it off. This mixture works as an effective home remedy for removing skin pigmentation. Try this remedy daily to see the positive results.
I have white patches on skin is it due to virus or something else. Sometimes its itching. Please tell me.
If you love sunbathing or have a lot of sun exposure without proper precautions, it can severely damage the skin. No matter how enjoyable it is to sit in the sun during the winter months, overexposure to the ultraviolet (UV) rays can cause some irreparable damage to the skin. It can also result in the appearance of premature wrinkles, sunburn and freckles. Sun damaged skin also causes pigmentation disorders in the form of age spots or dark patches and also makes the skin look rough and dry. Fortunately, treatment options are available that improve the appearance of sun-damaged skin. Read the article for some simple tips to revitalize your sun damaged skin:
- Apply lotions and serums: The lotions and serums that contain glycerin help to treat the dark sunspots and skin dryness. The glycerin rehydrates the skin by adding the moisture to the deep layers of the skin making it look smooth, healthy and radiant.
- Exfoliate: Exfoliation is another way to treat the dry and dead skin that is caused by overexposure of the sun or use of self-tanning products. Exfoliation can be done simply with a mild cleanser and remember to moisturize your skin after exfoliating that helps to restore the moisture. Exfoliating the skin help to remove the dead skin cells, dirt and debris and leave the skin feeling smooth and revitalized.
- Apply bleaching creams: Bleaching creams can also be applied that treat the skin pigmentation (dark patches and age spots) caused by sun exposure. Make sure to buy a reliable bleaching cream or you can consult the dermatologist for further guidance.
- Use sunscreen: Applying sunscreen before a long-term sun exposure greatly helps in preventing the sun damage and makes the skin look radiant. Whenever you need to go out in the sun, apply sunscreen even for a short period of time and make sure to apply it on all the areas of the body that will be exposed to the sun. Wear sunscreen that has a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) 30 or higher. Regular use of sunscreen not only helps to prevent the sun damage but also protects the already sun damaged skin from getting worse.
If you notice the result of sun damage on your skin, don’t give up because it’s too late to reverse the damages. Remember, it’s never too late to protect your skin and reverse the sun damage.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!