Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
I am 23 year girl. Last month I had face a accident in which scar appear near my eyes. How can I get rid of this scar mark.
My age is 27. I have pimple problem on my face regularly. It goes and come back again. How can I get rid of it.?
Doctor I have oily skin. Nowadays I am experiencing itching of facial skin. I use moisturiser but it keeps it moisturised till the time I dnt wash my face. What shall I apply on it to retain may previous skin.
Hello doctor, I want to ask you about dark circles under eyes. My both eyes are just like different from rest of face tone due to dark circles covering whole eye on both sides. I feel very low on confidence and embarrassed and avoid face to face talk due to that black eyes Please suggest any solution. It will be perfect to have a home remedy if you have any! Thank you.
I am having black heads I am male 22 years my complexion is little dark want to become fair Is there any medicine or cream suggest me.
My skin is black nd I used momate cream for brightness bt my skin is goin through redness. Should I stop it? Will that redness will be gone out?
I am 17 year old female and from past 4 years I am having sever hair damage n my skin is getting darker and also I am having pimple and dark spots problems n also I m getting weak please suggest me something.
Im looking very black. How I should become white in colour. Please suggest me a tip or soap or medicine.
How can I remove pimples from face and make glower, and also how to remove dark tan from hand and back side?
I had warts on my feet. I consulted a doctor and he gave me" salactin paint" for warts. The condition has become worse now. Warts have disappeared but my skin is totally black and it's removing. What should I do? Should I continue using salactin paint or consult doctor? Its been 11days. Pls help.
From birth In my face I have too my milia. I already consulted several doctors they said it I go only by using needle to pick it out. I did it went but it is again coming in my case. Any help.
I have a face n skin problem from a past week its look like a ringworm, when I start treat it will go on my skin then continue coming after a week what should I do I do not know pleas help my face skin.
Hyperpigmentation is a relatively harmless condition, but can affect a person’s self-image and psyche. This skin condition is characterized by dark patches on the skin due to exposure to UV radiation or as a sign of aging. It is caused by an excessive production of melanin in the body. Hyperpigmentation affects people of all ages and with all skin types. However, fair-skinned people are at a higher risk of suffering from this condition than dark skinned people.
This condition can be treated in a number of ways including:
- Laser: Laser treatment for hyperpigmentation improves skin tone and boosts collagen production. With advancement in laser technology, scarring is no longer a very big risk with this form of treatment. Depending on the degree of hyperpigmentation argon or carbon dioxide lasers may be used in with short pulses or long pulses. Treatment can take anywhere between 30 to 45 minutes and is relatively pain free.
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels rid the skin of its top most layer and bring new cells to the surface. This gives the skin an even tone and eliminates dark spots and patchiness. A light salicylic acid or glycolic acid peel is ideal for hyperpigmentation treatment. This is often used in cases where the patient’s skin is resistant to over the counter topical treatment. The concentration of active ingredients in the peel depends on the skin tone. Mild skin discolouration and blotchiness can be treated with a superficial peel while age spots and freckles require a medium peel.
- Topical ointments: Topical ointments are usually the first form of treatment for hyperpigmentation. Hydroquinone or retinol are the most commonly prescribed ointments. Broad spectrum sunscreen that offers protection against UVA and UVB rays can also help prevent further sun damage and dark spots. Skin lightening creams with soy or niacinamide as active ingredients also help brighten skin tones.
Apart from these forms of treatment, there are also a number of home remedies for this condition. Some of these home remedies are:
- Rubbing a freshly sliced or the juice of a grated potato on the skin
- Applying a combination of cucumber and lemon juice on the skin
- A grated papaya face mask
- Soak almonds in milk overnight and then skin them and puree with the milk. Apply this mixture on the affected areas.
- A mask of guava and banana pulp