Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Satish NirhaleYour feedback matters!
Sometimes I have pain in half portion of my head at that time I have to grab painkiller Some Dr. Says that it is a symptoms of migraine effect stay away from hot weather.what to do
1 weak back first time fits occurs. I am preferring govt jobs. What problem sir. Please solve me sir.
- Breathing deeply works against onset of tension and helps combat existing tension.sit or lie in comfortable position and take slow deep breaths through Nose.let the air fill from abdomen up then let it like deflating a balloon.slow exhalation helps feel more relaxed.
- Combine relaxation exercises with favourite music
- Get enough sleeps on a regular basis
- Eat regular meals and stay hyderated
- Quit smoking as it increases inflammation and can trigger Migraines
My daughter first time fits on 16/06/2015 (9 months) due to fever. I took medical assistance. She survived. Doctors gave lipozam tablets up to six years when she get fever for first two days. I took EEG scan also. Doctor said it is good. Next so many times fever came and gone but no symptoms. On 26/8/2016 she got high fever but my five gave only one day tablet second day she did not give tablets. 28/8/2016 (23 months) we went hospital we met doctor after long time we waited and my baby slept. When we entered in doctor room she suddenly woke up and saw doctor and feared again she got fits. Sir what is this condition. What can I do for my daughter as a father.
I suffer from severe migraine at times. How do I overcome from this health problem? Please do suggest some remedies that I can practice from home. Thanks.
Sir I am suffering from migraine what should I do for felling relax. I there is affect cigrate on migraine. It too much affect my daily routine.
my brother had brain hemorrhage in 2003,(when he was just 26 years old) till date he is not able to walk, he can not talk properly, his left side is not working. He can not stand on his own. Please help us.
One of my college friend is suffering from brain please like he not remember sometime his families name when ask someone.
I am 25 year old male sometimes I have a pulsating pain in the back of my head on the left side should I consider it as a migraine.
Mujhe migraine ki problem h Maine medcine liya h PR koi fayad nhi hua h please aap koi madecine ka nam bta dijiye.
I am using diabetic medicines like Metformin from several years. I am now having pain on right foot second finger bottom like thron while walking. Can you suggest any medicine. Is it nerve damage? Any medicine you can advise?
I am 23 years old male I have migraine problem everyday I have taken so many medicine but nothing is happening.
I am 24 year old male. I have acute headache. I had the migraine medication but it did not work. What should I do?
I have hand shivering from childhood. I am really ashamed before other. Can you please tell me how it can stopped. Shivering is more if someone watches when I am doing some sensitive thing.
There is an unnecessary shaking in my hands. What should I do to reduce unnecessary shaking? it generally happens when I perform any task in front of some people.
Epilepsy is a neurological disease which is characterised by recurring epileptic seizures. These seizures can be brief or can persist for prolonged periods. Vigorous episodes which last long can result in physical injuries such as broken bones. Mention that 6th February is International epilepsy day.
Causes of Epilepsy
The cause of this condition isn’t very evident; however, most medical practitioners attribute epileptic seizures to brain injury, tumours, infections in the brain or birth defects. Some doctors believe that epilepsy is caused due to genetic mutations and is an outcome of abnormal activity of cells in the brain. Other causes for this condition can be alcohol or narcotics withdrawal and electrolyte problems.
- Repeated seizures
- Impaired memory
- Bouts of fainting
- Short spans of blackout
- Sudden bouts of blinking and chewing
- Inappropriate repetitive movements
Types of Seizures
A seizure, also known as fit, is usually a brief episode characterised by uncontrollable jerking movement and loss of awareness due to abnormal neuronal activity in your brain. A collective occurrence of these seizures causes epilepsy.
There are three types of seizures an epileptic person usually encounters.
- Idiopathic: This kind of seizure has no apparent cause
- Cryptogenic: The doctors believe that there is a cause for the seizure but cannot detect it
- Symptomatic: These seizures occur due to a reason.
- Medication: Medication is the most common treatment in case of epilepsy. Drugs taken on a regular basis can stop the seizure partially. But in very severe cases, they seem to have no effect at all.
- Surgery: For symptomatic seizures which are caused due to abnormal brain function, surgery can be a way to get rid of seizures. In some minor cases, nerve stimulation in the brain and special diets can be prescribed to control the epileptic seizures.
Five facts about epilepsy you need to know:
- Epilepsy is not psychosis or madness and can be treated easily
- Popular celebraties with epilepsy include Aristotle, Alfred Nobel, Alexander the great, Sir Isaacs Newton, Martin Luther and Julius Caesar etc.
- Woman with epilepsy can have a normal pregnancy
- Newer medicines for epilepsy are effective and very safe
- Surgery can cure epilepsy in some patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.
Epilepsy is a disease that affects the brain's nerve cells and triggers the release of abnormal electrical signals. This can cause temporary malfunctioning of the other brain cells and result in sudden loss of consciousness. Epilepsy can affect both children and adults.
Epilepsy can be treated in a number of ways. One of the most preferred forms of treatment is homeopathy. Homeopathy addresses both the physical symptoms of the disease and the underlying factors triggering it. Another big advantage of homeopathic treatment is that it has negligible side effects.
A few homeopathic remedies that can be used to treat epilepsy are:
- Cicuta: Cicuta is very effective when used to treat cases of epilepsy where convulsions are marked by violent, body distortions. This can include the horrific backward bending of the spine (learn about the exercises for spine). These convulsions also make the person's face turn blue and trigger a locked jaw. This can also be used to effectively treat epilepsy cases triggered by head injuries and worms.
- Artemisia Vulgaris: This is used to often treat cases of Petit Mal Epilepsy which are characterized by staring into space, leaning forwards or backwards and stopping a sentence abruptly. It also addresses fear that triggers epileptic attacks.
- Stramonium: Convulsions triggered by exposure to bright lights or shiny objects can be treated with this homeopathic remedy. In such cases, the patient may not lose consciousness but experiences jerks in the muscles of the upper body.
- Cuprum Met: This homeopathic remedy is used to treat seizures that are preceded by experiencing an aura in the knees (know more about the Causes and Symptoms of Knee Pain). Other symptoms that characterize this sort of an epileptic attack are spasms that begin in the fingers and toes and gradually spread to the rest of the body and jerking of muscles. This can also be used to treat convulsions that accompany menstruation and follow the delivery of a baby.
- Bufo Rana: Not all epileptic attacks occur you are awake. Attacks that occur in your sleep can be treated with bufo rana. Such epileptic attacks are accompanied by experiencing an aura in the genital regions. This is especially helpful for women who experience seizures during menstruation.
- Hyoscyamus: Some epileptic fits are followed by a deep sleep. This type of epileptic attacks can be treated with Hyoscyamus. Other symptoms addresses by this homeopathic medicine are fidgeting with bed clothes, fidgeting with fingers and muscular twitching.
These homeopathic remedies can be taken on their own or in combination with other medicines.