Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Hi my baby girl is 4 weeks old after drinking my breast milk immediately with in 5 mins she vomit my milk then she is crying for milk again she vomiting.
My baby is 15 days old and I am breast feeding on time some times he cries. He didn't go loo from two days. Can you advice. Please to improve milk.
I have 1.5 year child he has daily problem for cough what I do for his medicine & any req. To change his diet.
Kids have a mind of their own when it comes to food. The unhealthier it is, the more they tend to like it. Most taste driven or sweet foods are harmful for your child’s oral hygiene. However not all foods that your children like to eat are as bad for their oral health, some even help strengthen their teeth.
Here are 4 foods that your children can have for healthy teeth and gums.
1) Sugarless Gum - It helps loosen plaque and increase the number of natural antibodies in the mouth. It also keeps the gums hydrated. While too much of anything is not good, these gums are good once in a while.
2) Crispy Vegetables - These might not be popular with children but can be made yummy with interesting dips to go with them. Raw carrots, celery, cauliflower, and green beans are chewing foods which clean the child's teeth and gums.
3) Natural Sugar - Sugar from milk, yoghurt and cheese are rich in vitamin D, phosphate and calcium. When consumed, they raise the pH level of the mouth which lowers the level of acids, hence reducing risk of tooth decay.
4) Vitamin C Rich Foods - Fruits like oranges, kiwis, strawberries, papayas and limes help kill bacteria that can cause gingivitis. They also aid a good supply of collagen in the child's gums. However, parents need to remember that one can eat citrus foods only after thirty minutes from brushing their teeth. This is because the citric acid in these foods can weaken the tooth enamel temporarily.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
My daughter six and half years is suffering from severe cough without phlegm since two years for every fifteen days it starts and prolong for five days. She is asked to do lungs scanning. Is it necessary, and any serious problem is there.
How to get rid off perpetual prolonged cough and how to get rid off sneezing and allergy? What is exactly dengue fever and how to control it? Please tell me.
Pls advice names of probiotic probiotic with zinc sachets which can be given to 2.5 years old toddler to control quick food transit.
My kid having 18 months. I do not know what perfect diet have to follow to her can you please suggest me. Can I give jaggery in her milk if it is how many times can I give. She is thin having 10 kgs. How to increase her weight which food have to add her in her diet.
Hi, I have 3 months old baby girl. Every time she had a cold and cough issue can you please tell me some home remedy.
My baby is in teething period 9 months old, is loose motion common in teething period? Daily 4-5 times he will do loose motion. Please ans doctor.
The stress of a modern lifestyle have taken a toll on the mental health of the population all over the world. Earlier, it was adults who were mostly affected by the problems of depression, anxiety and stress. However, with the passage of time, even children are also suffering from major mental health problems, the roots of which again are anxiety, stress and depression.
Reasons behind it
Be it adults or children, the major cause of health issues is stress. Stress doesn’t only cause mental health problems, but serious physiological disorders as well such as hypertension, diabetes, heart diseases, sexual problems as well as other issues. If the anxiety or stress persists, it would then slowly develop into a pattern of the mind and then become conditioned, thus leading to depression. Nowadays, children are also being afflicted by depression. Similar to adults, depression in children is caused due to any combination of factors that are related to life events, physical health, family history, genetic vulnerability, environment and biochemical disturbance. It should be noted that depression is not just a passing phase. The symptoms are often left undiagnosed as well as untreated. This is because they are passed off as normal psychological and emotional changes that occur naturally during growth.
Some of the typical symptoms are:
1. Loss of interest in pleasurable activities such as hobbies or crafts which were pursued earlier eagerly
2. Loss of concentration
3. Sudden outbursts
4. Sleeping too much or sleeping too little, suddenly waking up early in the morning
5. Constant fatigue, decreased energy and being slower than usual at tasks
6. Excessively low appetite or increased appetite which would thus result in weight loss or binge eating resulting in weight gain
7. The development of physiological disorders which may stop responding to treatment. Many children develop headaches or digestion problems which aren’t resolved by medication.
8. Always sad or irritable or in a depressed mood
9. May find it difficult to sleep or concentrate on work and thus, studies and grades may suffer
10. Extreme and sudden mood changes accompanied by incessant crying
11. Suicidal thoughts
12. Loss of energy as well as lowered self esteem
With children, you have to be extra careful not to ill-diagnose the problems and if they persist for more than a few weeks, you should seek professional help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My child has a fever for last 3 days and I check all that but he not fine how can I cure from tht fever.
Migraine is a complex disorder characterized by recurrent episodes of a headache, most often unilateral and in some cases associated with visual or sensory symptoms collectively known as an aura that arise most often before the head pain but that may occur during or afterward . Migraine is most common in women and has a strong genetic component.
Signs and symptoms
Typical symptoms of migraine include the following:
1.Throbbing or a pulsatile headache, with moderate to severe pain that intensifies with movement or physical activity
2.Unilateral and localized pain in the frontotemporal and ocular area but the pain may be felt anywhere around the head or neck
3.Pain builds up over a period of 1-2 hours, progressing posteriorly and becoming diffuse
4.Headache lasts 4-72 hours
5.Nausea (80%) and vomiting (50%), including anorexia and food intolerance, and light-headedness
6.Sensitivity to light and sound
Features of migraine aura are as follows:
1.May precede or accompany the headache phase or may occur in isolation
2.Usually develops over 5-20 minutes and lasts less than 60 minutes
3.Most commonly visual but can be sensory, motor, or any combination of these
4.Visual symptoms may be positive or negative
5.The most common positive visual phenomenon is the scintillating scotoma, an arc or band of absent vision with a shimmering or glittering zigzag border
Physical findings during a migraine headache may include the following:
*Cranial/cervical muscle tenderness
*Horner syndrome (ie, relative miosis with 1-2 mm of ptosis on the same side as the headache)
*Tachycardia or bradycardia
*Hypertension or hypotension
*Hemisensory or hemiparetic neurologic deficits (ie, complicated migraine)
*Adie-type pupil (ie, poor light reactivity, with near dissociation from light)
Homoeopathic constitutional treatment cures this malady completely since it goes to the root of the disease and removes this tendency permanently.
Some of Homoeopathic remedies used for treating migraine are Belladonna,Spigelia,Sanguinaria,Glonoine,Natrum mur,Phosphorus, Tuberculinum, Iris versicolor,medicine should be strictly selected based on symptom similarity only to get permanent cure.