Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Satish Gundopant KulkarniYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 4 years old. She is too underweight her weight is 13 kg. As she don't eat anything what can we do?
I have a 3 month old baby he has a cough I tried many medicine but no result every night he awake and cry.
My daughter is 4 years old and her skin is sensitive to insect bites (Mostly Mosquito). She develops bumps and rashes after bite. She can’t stop rubbing it again and again which converts it to a wound and in many places in her hand and leg she has black patch for this. Is there a medicine which will help reducing the sensitivity and what is the best medicine for after bite.
Seasonal changes can be very exciting for most people. Each season brings with it a new set of colours and nature takes a new turn. However, for people with seasonal allergies, a seasonal change also comes with a set of allergies. From skin rashes to wheezing to breathing difficulties, the list of symptoms can be quite long. Asthma is the most common problem, and the attacks can be quite bothersome with wheezing attacks and breathing troubles.
With advancements in the field of medicine, there is a lot of relief for asthma patients. A little understanding on how asthma attacks happen will help in understanding how to control it. Asthma is an allergic reaction caused by narrowing of the airway with thick mucus, which makes breathing difficult. During an attack, the person can have a dry cough, face shortness of breath and wheezing.
Asthma is often triggered or worsened by some factors, and being aware of these can help prevent or manage an attack:
- Common allergens like pollen, mites, ticks, furs of animals, bird feathers, specific foods (peanuts, milk products, eggs, etc.) and mold spores appear during change of season.
- Environmental chemicals like cigarette smoke, car fumes, dust, etc., can also trigger an attack.
- Attacks of cold or flu can lead to an asthma attack.
- Workout during cold weather can be problematic, but exercise can also help control asthma attacks. Lung function improves sufficiently, but an exercise regime should be drawn up for the patient based on his condition.
- Stressful emotions like anger and anxiety can also lead to an attack or make it worse.
- Some medications like aspirin, beta blockers, glaucoma drops can aggravate attacks of asthma.
Once you know the triggers, here are some common measures that can help prevent and relieve the wheezing.
- The preventers reduce the inflammation in the airway tube and the swelling. While they do not provide immediate relief during an attack, using these in the long term helps avoid attacks. These are low-dose inhaled corticosteroids such as beclomethasone, fluticasone, and budesonide. Doctors would advise their usage even when there are no symptoms, as asthma attacks can be triggered when they are not taking these medications for a while. Newer drugs include leukotriene antagonists like montelukast and zafirlukast. Relievers are used for symptom relief and include Salbutamol (short acting) and Salmeterol/Formoterol (long acting). Peak flow meter may be useful in acute attacks, wherein the peak flow rates can be reduced.
A good strategy is to use preventers regularly and rely on relievers during an attack. The first one helps build resistance and so reduces the incidence of attacks. Reach out to a doctor if a severe attack ensues (lasts more than 3 hours).
My son is entering middle school in the fall. What advice can I give him if he finds himself on the receiving end of cyberbullying?
My daughter is having loose motion from Yesterday, she is doing liquid type motions. Ple suggest which medicine we should give, also she has done motions yesterday 5 times, and she is seen to be losses, no energy. Kindly suggest.
My daughter is 7 months old. From last few days except mothers milk whatever she eats she does vomiting. Please suggest.
I regularly can see some food particles in my baby stool. It happens even when she passes good quality stool. I can see tomatoes, dhaniya leaf, carrots and beans. Is this a problem of digestion? My baby is 2 years 4 months old. She suffers from constipation also.
Sir mujhe bar bar balgham ata hai mere bhal(hair) gir rhe hai ganja pan bhi aa gya hai mera weight bhi bhut kam hai like 6 feet height hai mere or 59 kg weight hai mera so sir please help me what to do around 20000 thousand spend kr chuka hu doctors pr sari saving khtm ho gyi and no result.
I have 4 months old daughter. It looks like like her one leg is shorter than the other. Is there any problem with this? what happens if one leg is shorter than other?
My child is 7 years. He is very shy when we are there and he doesn't want to talk with elders in front of us. Please tell me how to deal with him ?
Am a breastfeeding women. Lack of milk is my problem. How can I increase milk secretions. Please suggest suitable medicine for increasing breast milk.
Water is an important part of a baby's diet because water makes up a large proportion of the baby's body.
When properly prepared, all infant formulas are approximately 85% water. Infant formulas are available in three forms: liquid ready-to-use, liquid concentrate, and powder concentrate. Liquid ready-to-use formulas do not require the addition of water, while the liquid and powder concentrates require the addition of water. It is of prime importance for parents to read, understand, and follow the manufacturer's directions when adding water to liquid and powder concentrates.
Too much water: Adding too much water to these formula concentrates or adding water to ready-to-use formulas can lead to water intoxication in the baby. In severe cases, water intoxication can cause low blood sodium levels, irritability, coma, and even permanent brain damage.
Not enough water: failing to adequately dilute the concentrates with water causes the formulas to be too "hypertonic" Hypertonic formulas can induce diarrhea and dehydration. In extreme cases, ingestion of overly hypertonic formulas can lead to kidney failure, gangrene of the legs, and coma.
Therefore, parents should not adjust the amount of water that is added to concentrates to either "fatten the baby up" or "put the baby on a diet" Instead, parents should discuss their concerns regarding the baby's calorie intake with his/her pediatrician.YOU CAN ASK ME WITH DETAILS LIKE WEIGHT/WHETHER BOTTLE FED AND HISTORY OF ANY DISEASES etc.