Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Saritha NarayanYour feedback matters!
INDIVIDUAL /GROUP THERAPY FOR REMEDYING THREE TYPES OF SKILLS DEFICITS
Many adolescents lack important skills that are essential for their academic achievement, personal development andfor their effective social adaptation. In my 25 years of practice as psychologist and particularly in my therapy sessions with teenagers, I have come across more evidence in support of the behavior deficit model. This model considers skills deficit as a major root cause of psychological disturbance and social mal-adjustment. Skills deficit in adolescents are found to fall under three distinct categories. These three categories account for the vast majority of behaviors usually included under the term behavior disorders. All three patterns are maladaptive ( socially or individually). Each of the following three patterns also involve inter-personal alienation.
AGGRESSIVE TEENAGERS: They may be quarrelsome and generally irresponsible in their social interactions. They pick up fights easily and may disruptive and destructive in school or playground. They may be defiant of authority and lack feelings of guilt or remorse for wrong, unethical behavior.
WITHDRAWN TEENAGERS: Such teens may be generally overanxious and timid. They may get hurt easily and therefore very reluctant to interact with people. They may constantly complain of being victimized or teased. They lack self-esteem and self-confidence. They may go through feelings of depression and social anxiety and therefore may be seen as lonely and socially withdrawn.
IMMATURE TEENAGERS: They may be clumsy in their behavior. Usually they go around with younger playmates who have lower level of social skills. They may have short attention span and may engage in day-dreaming or even self-talk. They are too passive and socially incompetent. This may result in more criticism and ridicule from the peers.
Social skills deficit in a common cause of adjustment problems in teenagers and college youth. If your teenage son or daughter is found suddenly losing interest in studies and getting low marks or found to be generally quiet and withdrawn, it is a good idea to get him/her assessed by a psychologist so that necessary remedial and preventive steps can be taken to enhance their personal growth and wellbeing.
My periods have came on 7th april and my fb rubbing with his open penis on my laggings and he also used his finger in my inner area may be my fb down on my laggings then my periods again come on 29 th of april so there is any chance to get pregnant. What is the expected time of my periods in may.
She hasn't got her period since last two months. We are planning to have child but not now. Is this the indication that she is pregnant. What should I do.
I had sex one-two days after ovulation day without a condom and if my boy pulls out before ejaculation, are there any chances of pregnancy?
I m 7 months pregnant now. Doctor told abdominal circumference for fetus is low Wat does it mean? It'll affect fetus growth?
I take Ipil after sex and than I get periods after 2 days but now its 8th day my bleeding not stop and its too much blood I use 3 paid in one day and have pain in my stomach please suggested me any medicine to stop this bleeding.
Hi I'm 36 years I have pcod problem & hypothyroidism so I tk medication for thyroid. But I don't take any medicine for pcod, as we r going to take ivf treatment soon I'm worried that due to pcod problem is there any chances of abortion when I get pregnant as my 1st ivf treatment was unsuccessful.
I am 42 years woman, my left overy was excluded on 2007, period is normal. Now, can I intercourse without condom or other barrier method?
Ayurveda encompasses all aspects of your life, including what you eat and drink and how you exercise. Following an ayurvedic lifestyle can help prevent problems from occurring and improve your quality of life. Indigestion is a common complaint faced by a majority of the population at some point of time or the other. Here are a few ayurvedic tips on how to prevent indigestion.
- Eat mindfully: Never eat in a hurry or on the go. Chew your food properly and eat slowly. Along with the taste, also appreciate the textures, smell etc. of your food. This keeps your body satiated for longer and helps avoid snacking. Pay attention to your digestive system while eating by unplugging from other activities and medium like television, telephones etc.
- Eat freshly cooked food: As food gets stale, it loses its nutrient value. Hence always, cook and eat fresh food. Avoid microwaved meals. Eating raw food in the form of salads etc is ideal as these uncooked food have the highest level of nutrients and are rich in fiber, making them easy to digest.
- Sip warm water: Water not only keeps the body hydrated, but also aids digestion. Try sipping warm water throughout the day to keep your digestive system lubricated and to make it easy for food to pass through. Avoid drinking cold water as this takes longer to digest. This is because the body must first heat the water to bring it up to body temperature before it can digest it.
- Take a walk after a meal: Going for a light walk after a meal can help kickstart the digestive process. This increases blood flow and circulation in the digestive system. However, avoid strenuous exercising like swimming or running immediately after a meal.
- Make lunch your heaviest meal: The body's digestive system works at its optimal levels in the middle of the day. According to a number of studies, the highest amounts of digestive juices are released around noon. Hence, this is the best time to eat a heavy meal as it will be digested faster and metabolized into energy to keep you going throughout the day instead of being stored as fat.
- Ginger tea: Sipping on ginger tea after a heavy meal can help avoid bloating. It can also boost the digestive enzymes and speed up the digestion process. You may also sip ginger tea between meals.
- Exercise regularly: Lastly, exercise regularly. If you can't find half an hour to exercise at once, try interval training between activities. Taking the stairs instead of the elevator is an easy way to include exercise in your daily routine.
One appliance that has emerged as a lifesaver in the kitchen is the microwave. This product has transformed the way we cook and have our food.
However, we fail to think about the health benefits of the food that has been microwaved!
Here are five reasons why you should NOT microwave your food!
1. Nonionising radiation: Most of us primarily use the microwave to heat up food and to defrost frozen and packaged food. The microwave carries out these processes by releasing a series of heat waves also known as nonionising radiation, which alters the very composition of your food, making it harmful or less than ideal for your system.
2. High temperatures within a short span of time: When we use the microwave to heat up or defrost or even cook something in a few seconds or minutes, the device emanates an unusually high temperature within that short span of time. The result is that the food experiences a great deal of nutrient loss.
3. Consuming a toxic meal: When you heat a pre pre-packaged meal or meat and frozen vegetables in the microwave, it mixes with the toxins released by the plastic packaging thanks to the heat waves within the microwave. This can cause harmful effects on your health in the long run, including cardiac disease and abnormal hormonal conditions.
4. Damage to the Nervous System: Food processed in the microwave can lead to a process called 'shorting out' which alters the electrical impulses in your nervous system and brain. This damage is usually permanent.
5. Cancerous cell growth: Using the microwave to process your food can lead not only to a loss of nourishment but also to an increase in cancer causing substances in food. When ingested, this food can prove to be dangerous.
Hello, I got married before 1.3 years. We are planning for a baby since last six month, but no positive results till now. I consult to my Dr. He advised me to take goodova 100 MG from 2nd of my period for 5 days. N he suggested me for an internal sonography on my 11th day. This is helpful to get pregnant.
After my c section delivery last year in Oct, have not got periods properly. And since last two months I am not getting periods at all. I am very tensed about it and because of this I have got lots of pimples on my face. Please help. I am also breastfeeding my six months old baby.
A breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that may find lumps of other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Hi All, My wife is 7.2 months pregnant and she has lots of cough. Doctor suggested the following medicines. Will the following medicines effect my baby. Please Please suggest. I am very worried -Mucoscope syrup -Mucoscope-D -ABICET-M -JUPIDOX-CV -grilinctus-BM -Spirodin-Ab -Taxim -o -Fexy 120 -Alnacort-6 -Repan-D Please reply asap.
Garlic can do wonders to your libido. Garlic has always been seen as a miracle herb that heals body organs. It normalizes the blood flow especially towards the penis. Many ancient civilizations have used garlic to increase and heal the sexuality. I have personally tried garlic and can vouch for its powers. It is not only good for vitality and little jhony it is also great for your general health.
How to Use:
You can eat three to four garlic cloves daily for a if you are having difficulty getting an erection. You can cut that down to three times a week after a month. that is if you start feeling better down there. you can also use grated garlic in your meat to get the desired result but raw garlic cloves work much better. Your breath will be awful but I am sure your partner won’t complain after your performance in bed.