Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sarika
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SarikaYour feedback matters!
Hormonal changes over women's lifespan can lead to increased risk for various types of gum diseases and tooth decay. In a nutshell:
Pregnancy: Increased levels of progesterone leads to pregnancy gingivitis esp. During second trimester. Increased plaque accumulation and lowered fighting mechanism of body to bacterias leads to pregnancy granuloma in severe cases.
Tips for a healthy smile:
- Eat a well balanced diet
- Brush and floss twice a day and rinse after every meal
- Visit the dentist twice a year
- Take good care of yourself and your oral health. You can visit our clinic for any assistance.
Happy to serve you. Keep smiling!
I have infection in my cheeks inside for almost 1 month. Its like white and just between two jaws. There is no pain but if something touches it (food or hand) then I feel some pain. I have already tried many remedies like hot salt water and some gel but no effect. Please suggest whom to consult for it and what are the remedies you can suggest. Thanks!
Inside my mouth I feel dry and mainly after drinking beer at earlier night. Also feel some uneasy condition at stomach, but I don't feel much problem for that, by the way I drink only beer not high alcoholic drink. Also taking beer is not my regular habit, I take once in a week, and a quantity of max 1 liter. So, kindly suggest me what to do for my dried mouth.
Hot, cold and very sweetness things cause sensations in my teeth what should I do. Please prescribe some remedies or medicines.
I'm suffering from teeth pain. Its too pain full. What can I do for this? Im takes lots of pain killer for pain. Is it too much bad for me? Or its ok?
Having your dentist say to you that you need a root canal, can be a daunting affair. This means that the pulp or soft tissue inside a tooth has been damaged by bacterial infection. A root canal involves removing the damaged pulp, cleaning the infection and filling in the emptied space. Not every tooth infection requires a root canal and hence it is essential to know the indication of a root canal.
Here are a few situations when a root canal may be needed:
- Pain: Discomfort ranging from a dull ache to a sharp pain can be a sign that you need root canal treatment. This type of pain is usually characterized by throbbing and may change as you switch positions. It is usually triggered by chewing, applying pressure on the tooth or eating something cold or hot. In some cases, the patient may not be able to indicate the exact tooth that is hurting but can only identify the painful area.
- Gun tenderness: Swelling that indicates the need of root canal treatment can range from being slightly red and inflamed to pronounced lumps on the gums. In some extreme cases, this swelling may extend out of the gums into the face and neck region. Sometimes, a pus filled boil with a pimple like head may also form on the gums. If this head bursts, the patient may notice a foul taste in the mouth. This swelling can come and go as the tooth decay deteriorates and may or may not be accompanied by pain. Teeth may also feel like they have been pushed out of their sockets and are taller than usual.
- Tooth discolouration: Discolouring of teeth can be a sign of internal tooth damage. This is especially noted if the teeth take on a dark yellow, grey or blackish tint. Tooth discolouration is fairly common in cases where the tooth has undergone trauma such as an accident etc.
- Exposure of the dental nerves: At times during regular dental work, the nerves in the tooth may be exposed. This indicates an exposure of pulp tissue and can trigger pulp degeneration if left untreated.
However, all of the above symptoms can be symptoms of other types of dental problems as well and do not necessarily individually indicate the need for a root canal. Only a dentist can properly diagnose a need for root canal treatment after a physical examination and testing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.