Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Saraf
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. SarafYour feedback matters!
Sciatica refers to the pain one experiences due to the irritation or compression of nerve roots contributing to formation of Sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve is the longest and widest nerve in the body, running from the lower back, down to the back of each leg. The pain can occur in the lower back and spread to the hips, buttocks and leg. Sciatica generally affects one side of the body. There are numerous causes of irritation of the sciatic nerve and sciatica.
Some of them are:
- Spinal Stenosis: The narrowing of the spinal canal caused by natural wear and tear of the vertebrae (individual bones in the spine protecting underlying nerves) of the spine is known as spinal stenosis. The narrowing may put pressure on the roots of the sciatic nerve, causing pain.
- Herniated Disc: A disc is made up of cartilage and acts as a cushion between vertebrae, allowing flexibility of the spine. A herniated or slipped disc occurs when a disc is temporarily pushed out of place, putting pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Spondylolisthesis: It is a condition where one of the lower vertebrae slips forward over another. This also causes a collapse of the disc space between both, causing the nerve to get pinched. This may cause sciatica.
- Piriformis Syndrome: Piriformis is a muscle found deep inside the buttocks, which connects the lower spine to the upper thighbone, running directly over the sciatic nerve. Spasming of this muscle can pressurize the sciatic nerve, triggering symptoms of sciatica.
- Sacroilitis: Sacroillac joints are the place where the lower spine meets the pelvis and inflammation of one or both of these joints causes sacroilitis. This can give rise to symptoms of sciatica as it causes pain in the lower back, buttocks and legs.
- Spinal tumors: Very rarely, tumors growing inside or along the spine may put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Infection or injury: Muscle inflammation, infections, fractures or any other spinal injury may lead to irritation or compression of the sciatic nerve.
- Pregnancy: Pregnant women may suffer from sciatica due to weight gain, expansion of the uterus or increased fluid retention or other changes occurring in the body, which put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Other causes: Osteoarthritis and fractures caused by osteoporosis may also affect the sciatic nerve, producing symptoms of sciatica.
I am 18years old last 2nights I am having a neck pain what should I do for clear out this situation.
I had an problem that I have an pain in my legs. I always take an short evening walk also. And I do an average work as other ladies do. So help me how I can be out of this problem.
I am 28 and have been suffering from lower back pain for the past 1 year. whenever I sit the pain starts. Also when I lie on my back and try to get up. My right side hip bone feel like its gonna dislocate. I had to adjust my position and get up. I feel the same thing when I run. Please help.
Hii my age is 19 n I was not getting sleep at night n I have tired so many of the ways but no use, I have an another problem that I was getting rarely neck pains I don't know why I was getting can help me to solve this health problems.
I am 39 years old I have pain in my ankles if I sit for sometime or in morning if I want to get up I can't stand for some moments I also feel some changes in my way of walking .what is the problem and solution.
Doctor, I got hurt while playing football on my left hip (buttock). But when I couldn't feel the pain when I touch with my hands. However, I could feel it when I sleep, sit down and stand up in the toilet. I can't run either. I'm worried coz it's been more than 2 weeks now. Please help me out. Thanking in advance.
I am 47 years old. For last many days, I have observed that while going to bed for sleep, my right foot starts paining and pain shifting to leg. It happens daily. What should I do. I got my bood tested. Uric acid-6.3.
These days, knee pain us very common in people aged 40 yrs and more.
Following non medicinal tips will help to avoid knee pain and decrease it if it is already there.