Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Santosh OscarYour feedback matters!
For last so many days I feel extreme pain in my left arm above elbow. At times shooting pain. Hv problem in lifting things, rolling chapatis etc. At times problem in rotating shoulder also. Used muscle relaxant like move, volini but not of much use. Could it be an indication of some underlying problem. Please help. Thanks in advance.
I am 26 old female. Before 5 month I had an accident. Now I am fine but my back is hurting when I get up my bed or lay down. What should I do?
I am 40 years old and go for a walk and jog everyday but of late when I run about 2 km my legs start paining can you please help me resolve my issue.
My mother hve too much muscle pain her pain start from head to legs as she has also a problem of thyroid she has too much problem of this she does nt do any work bcoz of this what should she do to make her body pain relief.
I am feeling pain in left side of neck and shoulder from last 20 days especially when I sit or study, I am doing gym. 20 days ago I exercised for shoulder at that tym I suffered strong pain around 3 days after yhat till now I am feeling pain when I study. What's the reason and what should I do?
B: accordiona-5What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems?
My mother is a 40 years old lady and she is suffering from breast and knee pains from 4 years onwards. To get rid of that pains what she has to do?
Hi, my mother is 48 years old and she is diabetic, she used to take insulin injection twice in a day 20-30 mg respectively. She also has arthritis nd she always suffers severe pain in her joints. Pain is that much that she used to cry. We have consulted over 100 doctors including a doctor from aiims india. But no improvement in her condition. Please if you have any cure of this deases then please tell me. I am from uttar pradesh, india. aNd one more thing we have done mri also and in that shows the fluids in joints are getting less, or generating less.
My age is 54. And having lots of pain in knees. Lots of pain relief ailment have used but it's not worked out.
My mothers age is 50 years and she is suffering from diabetes. While fasting her glucose level is 247 and she has leg ache and she has totally dried up and became more thin. She gets burning sensation in her feet and hand. and she has feet ache. and has more pain in the right side of her back.
Hi Doctor, I injured my right shoulder during a bench press workout in gym. I went to see doctor on the doubt that I got muscle trigger.He examined and suggested physiotherapy for 3 days and prescribed some exercises. My pain did reduced at my shoulder but it started to pain my bicep muscle and forearm . I got no clue how pain moved from shoulder to bicep and forearm. Please give your suggestion . Thanks in advance.
A vein in the ankle of right leg slipped its position in an accident day before yesterday. When I walk or make big movements to leg the vein moves and gives me pain. How can I over come it? Pls help.
I have a facing L2 L3 PIVD since last month and I complete doctors 15 days Medicine Course but still I have a pain in my hips. I feel recovery only 70% from medicine but still I have a normal difficulty in walking. What should I do for that?
I am 25 years old. I have pain on my knees from 3days. What should I do? If you can help then suggest.
I am 48 years old female. If I sit down for a while I have stiff legs and get up with support on the floor?
Gridhrasi is what Sciatica is known as in Ayurveda. It is the disorder that causes mild to agonizing pain in the sciatic nerve or neuralgia. These nerves, emerging from the pelvis, run along the hamstring and may cause intense pain in one or both the legs when a person suffers from Sciatica. Sciatic pains fill your life with misery as the simplest of daily activities cause sudden and excruciating pain. There are two types of sciatica i.e. true sciatica and pseudo sciatica. Sciatica may be caused due to bulging disc or herniated disc, degenerative disc disease, piriformis syndrome, pregnancy or trauma etc.
According to Ayurveda, Sciatica is caused due to impairment in Vata i.e. the dosha responsible for the functional ability and movement of the body and also in some cases due to impairment in the Kapha i.e. the dosha that is responsible for body fluids and lubrication.
Ayurvedic herbs that improve the symptoms of Sciatica are:
- Babunah is also known as Bitter Chamomile. Not only is it used to relieve and reduce the pain faced by a sciatica patient, but it is also used for treating problems such as rheumatism due to the advancement of age. Compressed bitter chamomile flowers are prescribed for sciatica.
- Guggul is also known as Indian Bdellium. Since guggulu is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties, it relaxes the sciatic nerves.
- Rasna is also known as Vanda Orchid. Intense or agonizing pain due to the sciatic nerve issues can be reduced by this ayurvedic herb due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Juniper oil is extremely helpful when massaged onto the thigh muscles with firm strokes or pressure. It is used extensively in massage therapy for treating sciatica since the extent of reduction in sciatic nerve pain is tremendous.
- Jaiphal is also known as Nutmeg. After being mixed with sesame seeds oil, nutmeg is coarsely powdered and then fried till it turns brown. This is then applied to those areas where the sciatic pain is intense for instant relief.
- Kumari is also known as Indian Aloe. Properties of Indian Aloe are extremely helpful in treating lower back ailments such as sciatica and lumbago.
- Shallaki is also known as Boswellia or Frankincense. Containing anti-inflammatory properties, shallaki is applied externally to get relief from sciatic nerve pain.
Ayurvedic preparations such as yogaraja guggulu, Vataganjakusha, Saindhavadi taila are also very useful in treating Sciatica.