Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Santosh
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. SantoshYour feedback matters!
#Patular tendon acl reconstruction surgery Now 85 days post surgery I am getting knee reverse extension of hardly -1 to -2 degrees only. Some one said that post 12 weeks graft could not be stretched further and better to rehabilitate with in 12 weeks post surgery. So what is the possibility of mine to get -5 degree knee extension is it really possible to get?
I do have a back pain for 3-4 days. It starts paining when I remain stand for some time, or remain sited. I have some problem in past while lifting heavy weight. What should I do? please do tell I can't even stand for 10-15 minutes.
Sir, My question is that some time I feel shoulder pain (right hand) day or night. How can I solve this shoulder pain. Pl.suggest some Homeopathy medicines, Yours faithfully (Arun Kr. Dutta)
How the frozen shoulder should be treated for a person having age 45 years with no history of sugar, cholesterol and blood pressure.
I have suffering with bone pain mostly back pain near neck I did not got married how should I over come this problem.
Bones play a significant role in our body. They make our structure and help in organ protection, anchoring the muscles and storing calcium. From childhood to adulthood, bones are continuously changing. While new bones are generated, the old bones are torn down. So, it is important to keep our bones healthy with the advancement of old age. There are many ways by which we can avoid unhealthy bones in old age. Some of these ways have been discussed below:
Adequate amount of calcium intake in our body greatly influences healthy bone with good bone density and mitigate the risk of osteoporosis and bone fractures in old age. Older adults need 1,200 mg of calcium a day by having milk, yogurt or cheese. We should also include non-dairy products like tofu, broccoli, almonds, and green leafy vegetables. These items contain Vitamin D, which help the body in absorbing and process calcium. Good sources of calcium are dairy products and fish such as sardines and salmon.
According to the Institute of Medicine, 1,000 mg of calcium a day is needed for most adults and 1,200 mg/day for women after menopause and men after 70. Adults that are 70 years and older require 800 IU of vitamin D a day to in order to prevent falls and fractures.
Physical Activity: Physical activity reduces the risk of osteoporosis and keeps your bone mobility healthy and strong. According to research, avoiding use of tobacco and alcohol contributes healthy bones. Consumption of these poses threat to the health of the bones. Alcohol increases the risk of osteoporosis as it has the ability to interfere with the body’s absorption of calcium.
Eating disorders and other conditions: People with anorexia or bulimia are at risk of bone loss. In addition, stomach surgery (gastrectomy), weight-loss surgery and conditions such as Crohn's disease, celiac disease and Cushing's disease can affect your body's ability to absorb calcium. So, one should have a healthy diet and maintain a disciplined life.
Certain medications: Long-term use of corticosteroid medications, such as prednisone, cortisone, prednisolone and dexamethasone, are damaging to bone. Other drugs that might increase the risk of osteoporosis include aromatase inhibitors to treat breast cancer, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, methotrexate, some anti-seizure medications, such as phenytoin (Dilantin) and phenobarbital, and proton pump inhibitors. So, while taking medicines one should consult doctor so as to avoid those medicines for long term which affect bone’s health. While taking these medications one should eat adequate amount of calcium as medicine and food in order to minimize the side effects.
Avoid taking caffeine as it makes our body to excrete calcium more quickly. So drink less regular coffee, tea and soft drinks and avoid high caffeine energy drinks. Avoid using salty foods that causes loss of calcium and weakens the bone. Foods that are processed and canned have high salt, so avoid eating these foods.
Hi doc Since last one month I am having pain in both of shoulders and waist. At present I am taking two pills one for blood pressure Tab. Tazloc beta 25 in morning and Tab Atchol F 10 mg at night. Please advise me what should I take for pain relief.
My left knee sometimes get locked sometimes feel as if it's free, not the way it should be. No injury ever. Had x-ray everything is fine.
My dog get a lump on her neck because she get her first rabies vaccine today she have a very little pain in that lump is this thing is normal for dogs?
Runner's knee is a painful condition that is usually encountered by athletes who indulge in varied exercises like running, jumping, walking, biking and more, on a regular or professional basis. The kneecap is a region that gets affected with aches and pain when a person is suffering from Runner's knee. This condition can occur due to a fall or constant bending of the knee, which can lead to misalignment of the knee joints and knee cap. Also, weak muscles and lack of balance during physical activities can add to the risk of contracting this condition.
Here's how you can deal with it.
- Give it Rest: Literally! Suffering from Runner's knee could also mean that your body is trying to ask you to slow down. Wear and tear from excessive levels of physical activity can lead to Runner's knee, and in such cases, the best way to come back to peak physical form is to take some rest so that the knee is free of activity and consequent pain until it is ready to take on exercise again.
- The Only Way is 'Up': When you are suffering from pain in the region behind and around the knee cap due to Runner's knee, the best way to alleviate the pain is to place your knee in an elevated position. Get yourself some comfortable cushions and pile a few of them up before placing your knee on top. This position will give support even as blood circulation increases and inflammation, if any, decreases.
- Anti-inflammation Medication: See your doctor for chronic Runner's knee and find out if you are suffering from inflammation which may require the help of medication. This medication can bring down and gradually eliminate the inflammation or swelling, to give you relief from the pain. Remember to check for side effects before you take these medicines, though.
- Strengthening Exercises: A sure shot way of dealing with chronic pain is to do some muscle strengthening exercises as prescribed by your orthopaedic specialist or a physiotherapist. Doing these exercises will give your muscles the strength to support your knees in a better way while you indulge in athletic activities. Remember to substantiate these exercises with a calcium and protein rich diet as well.
- Cold Compress: In case you have had a fall or suffered an injury which has led to Runner's knee, you can make use of a cold compress or an ice pack to relieve the pain for some time. Ice is a well-known treatment for acute and sudden pain.
Runner's knee is a condition that needs care, rest, and medication if it is persistent. If these methods do not help, you should see a doctor for scans and tests. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!