Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Santosh LatkarYour feedback matters!
I'm 40 year old. I dont take any diet. I dont go to social parties and eat ouotside anytime. I prefer only home food I am out of my home rather hotel food. I dont smoke nor drink. My problem is. Early in the morning if I wake up between 3am - 5am mu throat burns. Please advice.
Mere throat me prblm hai. Bar bar sukh jata h.kbi kbi to kuch khaya b ni jata. Aisa lgta h k atak jayega or isi karn main tension me rhti hu k khi kuch major to nhi.
Tinnitus is when you think that there is noise when there really is no sound. It is very common and is not very serious either. It affects about 1/5th of the population. It is worth note that tinnitus is not a condition. Instead, it is a symptom of having a condition. These conditions range from hearing loss, an ear injury or even a circulatory system disorder. Even though tinnitus does worsen with age however, it can also improve with treatment. If you know the cause of tinnitus, it does help treat it. Here is everything you need to know about tinnitus.
Symptoms of Tinnitus:
As mentioned earlier, tinnitus is a ringing, hissing, clicking or buzzing sound which only you can hear and no one else.
Causes of Tinnitus:
There are many common causes of tinnitus including:
- Age-related hearing loss: Tinnitus is commonly caused due to hearing loss.
- Meniere's disease: Meniere's disease is a type of inner ear disorder. It is when there are abnormalities in the fluid pressure of your inner ear.
- Medications: Many medications have a side effect of tinnitus as well including certain antibiotics, antidepressants, cancer medications and even aspirin.
- Loud noise exposure: Exposure to loud noise once in a while will not cause tinnitus. However, constant exposure to loud noise might cause tinnitus.
- Changes in the shape of your ear bone: Otosclerosis is an abnormal bone growth which results in the bones in your middle ear stiffening.
- Acoustic neuroma: There is a nerve, which goes from the brain straight to the inner ear. When this nerve develops a tumor, it is known as acoustic neuroma which is a common cause of tinnitus.
Treatment of Tinnitus:
Tinnitus can be only be stopped if the underlying condition is treated. However, there are certain electronic devices, which help suppress the noise including:
- Hearing aids: Hearing aids are already helpful for people who have hearing loss; however they can also help reduce tinnitus.
- Masking device: Wearing a masking device which continuously emits a low-level noise helps stop the buzzing, clicking, hissing or ringing sound which comes with tinnitus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
I have a tendency of tumor .i had a benign tumor in ear. Then I have multiscopy giant cell tumor at femur. So what is the remedy of removing tumor?
Causes and treatments for Epistaxis-
Me Dr Bhardwaj hoon. I’m an ENT specialist. I served in the army for 15 years, following which I am now in private practice in Vasant Vihar, South Delhi. Today, my discussion would be about epistaxis which is nasal bleeding.
Nasal bleeding is one of the most common problems associated with children as well as with elderly people. In children, the cause can be because they insert a foreign body in the nose may be because of an infection, sometimes because they dig their nose and can be also because of a sinus problem. We usually try to find out the cause of this bleeding, we put in a nasal endoscope diagnose the source of the bleeding and we sieve the blood vessels via a procedure called nasal endoscopy and cauterization. This is a safe procedure and well tolerated by children.
In Nasal bleeding, the diagnosis should not be delayed because sometimes there may be a serious cause. In the elderly people because of high blood pressure, because of bleeding problems as well as medicines that they take for heart problems and vascular strands they have more nasal bleeding because their blood has become thinner. In these patients, you should not delay having a diagnosed properly as well as being treated and also try to apply some cold packs near the cheek and around the nose so that the bleeding can stop.
The procedure again will be in the clinic setting, we put a nasal endoscope, we identify the source of the bleeding and then we cauterize with a chemical or with electrical therapy. In children, if they are bleeding at home, the first aid methodology is to pinch their nostril so that with pressure you can stop the bleeding and also try to apply some ice pack around the nose so that the bleeding can stop. It is better to make the child sit up rather than lie down because if the child lies down the blood is likely to trickle down the throat.
For any problem related to nasal bleeding, you are welcome to contact me through lybrate.com on the various platforms that are available including sending me a query.
My clinic is always available to take care of these emergencies and you can get in touch with me through lybrate.com.
I have nose bleeding problem. Every year in summer or winter I face this problem. What should I do to prevent this problem or the situation?
I am suffering from continuous from runny nose. And also I got sudden fever which we went down by calpol and I have headache, pain behind eyes ,body pain .is it common cold. And know I dnt have fever and only running nose.
I am 24 year boy and have keratosis tonsil from 2 yrs. Please give suggestion how to control it or remove it mam. Can be he is danger for health.
I have allergy that is my nose always have nasal especially in early morning. And when ever I go fo outside abd sneezing occurs. Tell me why is this and how can b controlled.
I am 55 yr old, diabetic serving as head of a technical instt. Diffused cerbral attrophy detcted three months ago. Developed forgetfulness. Like I leave tap and switch open in bathroom or lavotory. Occasional vertigo and anxiety is felt. Please advise.
Sir/ madam I have problem in my throat .I am having pus filled particle on my left side of epiglottis and I have pus on my tonsils and my tonsils also swollen .I have this problem from 3 months .past I had smoking habit I quit that habit 4 months ago.
I have heart rate 90 to 100 as I measured on my digital device (mobile sensor ).and feeling tension stress, headache (mostly if I use pillow) fatigue, tired,restlessness and dizziness. What should I do? Is it tachycardia?
Hello two days back I went to swimming n skimmed for for hours, after that my left ear got blocked now at present I am not able to hear clearly. So please help me regarding this.
I have bodyache with high rise of temperature and headache with lose stool. Pain in tonsil and have tonsillitis. Please suggest a medicine.
Homeopathy is considered to be an untested medicine for many. This is why so many patients who have a sore throat immediately turn to tablets, hot water or even syrups to relieve the pain. Different causes of a sore throat will have different remedies.
Here are the some of the homeopathic remedies for different causes of a sore throat.
- Belladonna: This is the best medicine when there is any difficulty swallowing. It is also very readily available.
- HeparSulph: Heparsulph is generally used when there is a sensation in your throat, which feels like there is some sort of splinter.
- Phosporus: Phosphorus is a more widely used homeopathic remedy. It is used to treat what is called as 'clergyman's' sore throat. This is when there is a tickling sensation in the larynx.
- Lachesis: This is also a very uncommon and rarely required medicine. However, sometimes our throat feels sore only when we take liquids. In this case, lachesis is the ideal remedy.
- Bryonia: Bryonia is a much more common homeopathy. It is used when there is a cough accompanying the sore throat.
- Merc sol: Tonsilltis is generally considered to be a condition too serious to cure with homeopathy. However, Merc sol does do this effectively. Belladonna is also pretty good at it. They also help with a sore throat.
- Arsenicum album: This medication is most commonly used when a sore throat is accompanied by a cold.
- Aconite: Aconite is considered even better than arsenicum album in treating a sore throat which is also accompanied by a cold.
- Capsicum: This is a great homeopathic rememdy for a pain in the throat which goes all the way to the ears.
- Argentium Metallicum: Argentium Metallicum is used when the soreness of your throat worsens with the use of the voice. Professional singers and public speakers are especially in need of this medicine as they frequently use their voice.
- Chamomilla: This remedy is especially great for helping cure sore throat in children.
- Baryta Carbonicum: This is a remedy used for a very similar reason to what chamomilla is used for. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.