Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Santosh LatkarYour feedback matters!
Hello my age 21, morning after waking up I get severe cold and continuous sneezing. I'm scared that it could be a sinus problem. If yes, please advice me a medicine.
I am 50 years old. My right side of nose was blocked. Doctor says bone deviation and requires surgery. Facing difficulty in breathing.Please suggest.
I am experiencing heavy cold now a days my nose flows more often and also throat infection please suggest.
I am getting little wheezing sound in nose and I feel air is not flowing freely in nose .plz suggest me to overcome this problem.
I am 24 years old. Had two abortions I feel very weak, depressed, fatigued, dizziness, and have noticed weak memory as well. I get strong head ache at times and I am facing regular mood swings.
On 18 april, it was just a rub of penis above vagina and my vagina was cover with my underwear and my partner was nude sperm drops also came. After this few drop of blood came through the urine and the period came after 6 hour as scheduled. It continue for 2 and half day. After few day I am was feeling dizzy and vomiting type and abdominal pain. Now I am feel only dizzy type and also a mild pain in vagina. I do take 2 urine test on 28th april and got negative result. Can I be pregnant? And how to confirm it? Can I go for urine test tomorrow? And why I am feeling dizzy type and mild pain in vagina?
I have been suffering from cold since young age (around 5. I tried all medicines from home, ayurvedic, meditation, english and almost everything. I had chronic sinus until a few years back. Now I am not having it anymore. But my chest always fills with cold and I sometimes have a running nose. I should seriously must look into this as it's a long time (16 years) I have been suffering from this. Any help? Thank you.
Hello sir. From last one year I have heart palpitation problem. Yesterday my heartbeats gone very slow for 30 seconds I feel like one side heart not work. And feel pressure in heart and stomach. ECG shows first degree heart block and Left ventricular hypertrophy and sinus reathem. Echo cardiograph, lipid profile ,tmt and holter monitoring are normal. So what I do? And can it may be serious? And witch medicine I will take that time? Thanks please reply one I'm very upset. I'm a student.
I have throat pain since last two month consult ent doctor no relief some test and mri has been done one year back should I go for mri again or suggest some other wayout.
My misses is 69 years old four days back she was feeling pain in ear she used sarson oil and lasan pain has gone but she is not hearing don't know what happened.
Everyday I am waking up in the morning or at dawn when suddenly I get awake with itchiness inside nose, sneezing,runny nose, and watery eyes. It happens mostly when I get awake late at night. If I use nasivion spray and take antihistamine (sinarest/Flucold) at its onset, it goes away. But again it happens next morning. Is it rhinitis and what over the counter drug will be good? Is it good to buy a nasal spray with corticosteroid in it?
An eardrum rupture or perforation is a little gap or tear in your eardrum and the tympanic membrane. The tympanic membrane is a thin tissue that partitions the canal of the middle ear and outer ear. This layer vibrates when sound waves enter your ear. The vibration proceeds through the bones of the center ear. Since this vibration allows you to listen, your hearing can be affected if your eardrum is harmed. A ruptured eardrum is additionally called a perforated eardrum. Permanent hearing loss could be an end result in some cases.
A ruptured eardrum, similar to thunder; can happen all of a sudden. You may feel a sharp pain in your ear, or an ear infection that you've had for some time all of a sudden leaves. In some cases, the person may not feel any signs of the rupture.
Some of the causes for such a perforation are:
- Infection: Ear infections are a major reason for eardrum rupture, particularly in children. Liquids tend to deposit behind the eardrum in such cases.
- Exercises: Exercising can bring about pressure changes in the ear and lead to a punctured eardrum. This is known as barotrauma, and takes place when the pressure outside the ear is not the same as the pressure inside the ear. Activities that can bring about barotrauma include scuba diving or flying on plane.
- Other activities: Wounds can likewise burst your eardrum. Any injury to the ear or side of the head can bring about a crack.
Diagnosis: Your specialist can use a few approaches to find out whether you have a ruptured eardrum:
- A liquid test in which your specialist tests liquids that might spill from your ear from infection.
- An otoscope exam in which a specific gadget with a light is used to investigate your ear channel
- An audiology exam, in which your specialist tests your listening to range and eardrum limit
- Tympanometry, in which your specialist uses a tympanometer to test the pressure changes in your ear.
Treatment: The treatments are as follows:
- Patching: In the event that your ear does not recuperate by itself, your specialist may fix the eardrum. Fixing includes setting a sedated paper patch over the tear in the film.
- Antibiotics: Anti-toxins can clear up contaminations that may have prompted your eardrum break. They additionally shield you from growing new diseases from the aperture. Your specialist may endorse oral antibiotics or eardrops.
- Surgery: In uncommon cases, surgery might be required to fix the gap in the eardrum. A surgical repair of a punctured eardrum is called tympanoplasty.
A cracked eardrum generally recuperates without any invasive measures. Many patients with cracked eardrums encounter just transitory listening problems.