Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Santosh ChavanYour feedback matters!
I am Dr. Vandana Verma. I am a clinical nutritionist and a physical therapist. I excel at weight loss managements and deal with patients struggling from metabolic disorders by providing them therapeutic diets.
Today we are going to talk about Obesity. Being slim does not necessarily mean that you are healthy. And yes, obesity is the house of mostly all the problems. If you are obese you tend to have more of the metabolic problems than any normal person.
What is the major reason for obesity?
The major reason for obesity is lifestyle. Now-a- days, we do not have time for our own self. We forget about going to the gym or going for a walk or anything like that. So today I am going to share few simple tips with you which you can inculcate in your normal routine and yes, it is going to help you to reduce weight.
- The first tip I am going to share with you is portion meals. So, Cutting calories is the main aim in this tip but, Yes, it is done in a very fun way. Try taking smaller plates rather than taking a bigger plate. If you are putting your food, try putting it in a smaller plate. What will happen is that you will have a feeling that yes, you are eating a full plate but yes, your quantity is decreasing day by day. Thus the calories are going to decrease. Also in the same way, while you are having a beverage, take a tall glass rather than a small and wide glass. The quantity is going to be less but yes, it is going to show you that you are having a bigger glass.
- The second tip which I can share with you is slow down. It is a proven fact that your brain records that yes your tummy is full or your satiety level receives the signal after twenty minutes of your eating food. So, whenever you are eating, eat slow. If you are eating very fast, it will just lead to another serving. You will have to just take another serving very soon. But if you are eating slow, chew properly, your digestion is going to improve, your brain is going to receive the signals in about 20 minutes and also it will help you in eating lesser.
- Then the third point which we can take care of is smaller meals. Take a number of small spaced meals but nutritionally balanced.
So, what will this help you in?
It is going to increase your metabolic system, it will increase your energy levels throughout the day. You are going to get constant energy after every few hours. Yet your metabolism is increasing and your calorie is going to burn first. So, smaller meals is the key for a healthy day. Then the next point which we can take care of is to have plenty of fluids. Have a lot of water, have a lot of green tea, herbal tea. This is going to decrease the water attention of your body. Also, this is going to help you fight anger. Because at times, we think that we are hungry but no, we are thirsty at times. So, whenever you are going to have a glass or two full of water, you are gonna feel less hungry. Treat yourself, finally. After doing all this throughout the day yes everybody has some or the other irresistible food which we really want to have. It can be your mom made paratha /curry chawal/rajma chawal .
Yes I totally and It will strengthen your metabolic system, it will increase your energy levels throughout the day, your metabolism will increase and will burn out more calories.
- So, smaller meals are the key for a healthy day. Next point to take care of is to have plenty of fluids.
- Have plenty of water, green teas, herbal teas. This will help in decrease the water retention in your body. It will also help you to fight hunger.
- Also after going through this routine, make sure you treat yourself once a week as this helps in increasing your metabolism.
These are simple tips which will help you decreasing your weight but if you are fighting against obesity you can consult me over Lybrate.