Lybrate.com has top trusted Urologists from across India. You will find Urologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjiv KanitkarYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years female. I usually get very lethargic and hav excessive urination and extreme thirst. I fear that I may have diabetes. So what should I do?+
I feel slight Inflammation while urinating since a week I'm taking full liquids but still I have that I tried many things at home but nothing works I need some help so that I can treat that problem in home. Please help me.
My wife is suffering from feet swelling. Bi monthly they are swelling. S. Creatinine is 1.00. What is the remedy.
Can beer remove the stones in right kidney ? What food items should b taken and avoided in this case ?
My morning urine gives foul smell. I am 64 years old. Can you give me remedy how to control it. than.
I am 20 years old I had stones in my kidney and the stone was 7.5 mm in size but the doctor told me to drink water and it will automatically moved out but now I have severe pain in my kidney. What can we do for this pain? Please help me.
I am 21 years old female I have uti and I have used antibiotics for 3 days prescribed by doctor for 3 days symptoms gone they are coming backslightly do I need urine test and what will that reveal?
I am having urine infection till now I am taking antibiotic course .my legs and face swelling my serum creatinine 1.1 is it any kidney failure.
I am 74 years and I have enlarged Prostate Glands. The urine retention is28 cc. I do not have much bad symptoms such as continuous urination, repeated night time urination etc. My question is whether I can controlled with medicines as I am the other side of 70 years. Pl. Guide. doctor normally recommend Operation due to many reasons. I want your free and frank opinion.
Recently, I had Ultrasound for my abdomen. The findings are 1. Enlarged Prostate (36 cc) 2. Mild Hydronephrosis in both kidneys 3. Polyp in Gall Bladder (3.2x2. 95 mm). Shall I go for Gall Bladder removal? Or kidney/prostate surgery first in terms of criticality.
I have enlarged prostrate gland, the size is small. I do not have any pain, normal urination happens but I have swollen left leg at ankle. Please prescribe medication for the above indication. I am not hypertensive.
I pee 8-12 times in a day in a break of 1-2 hour. Is it normal for adult or should I need to consult doctor if its abnormal/problematic for adults. I drink a good amount of water also.
Urine - Culture & SensitivityColony Count:>10^5 cfu/ml Organism Isolated: 52 Escherichia coli Antibiotic. susceptibility. Amikacin. Sensitive. Amoxicillin+Clavulanic Acid. Sensitive is it normal report?
My aunt is suffering from kidney failure. She is undergoing dialysis thrice a week. Recently we found that she is also suffering from Hepatitis C. Is it possible and safe to get kidney transplantation done before getting diagnose of hepatitis C?
Many people are embarrassed to talk about their urine colour or urine problem with anybody, including their doctor. But, what people always forget is that strong smelling urine and the change in the colour of the urine is a serious issue. Your urine colour directly tells you about your health, especially your inner body. So, without being embarrassed you should consult a doctor, if and when, you find foul odour in your urine. Following are some of the reasons for the causes of strong smelling urine.
- You are dehydrated: Urine is not supposed to leave odour. It should be odourless, but if you find strong smell in your urine, you should consult a doctor immediately. The most common reason of foul odour in your urine is dehydration. If the amount of water needed in your body is not enough then, there will be less water in your body as a result the waste products will not be diluted in water being more concentrated making the urine darker and more odour. But once you start drinking water, it should go normal. Normally, this kind of situations occur in early morning when your water intake is less or not at all. But drinking lot of water will solve this issue immediately.
- More alcohol or caffeine intake: If you are habituated to drink a lot of coffee then it may happen that you find strong smell of coffee in your urine. Although it is not very problematic yet it is healthy if you reduce the intake of coffee in your daily life in order to have a healthy digestive system. Not just coffee but even alcohol could be the reason of irregular or need to urinate a lot more than usual.
- Bacterial Infection: There could be bacterial infection or kidney infection which could lead to strong smell of urine. In order to ensure you should go to a doctor and get important tests done. Then the doctor can suggest treatment according to your results and if all the results are normal then you could be suggested to maintain a balanced diet on regular basis.
- Imbalanced Diet: The problem can sometimes come from the use of certain vitamins from imbalances in your diet. There are substances like nitrates and phosphates in the urine which can give dark colour and odour. You should always have a proper diet and follow it in order to have a healthy digestive system. Eating lot of garlic and onion can also bring odour in your urine.
- Diabetes: If you are diabetic, it may be possible that you find dark urine and odour in your urine. It indicates that your sugar level is not normal and gone much high than normal. If you are not diabetic then it may be a sign of diabetes so you should get diagnosed immediately with your doctor.
There are multiple causes of strong smelling urine but most of them could be cured easily if diagnosed immediately. But in order to avoid this issue it is better to be careful with your diet and drink a lot of water. At least three litres of water a day is an absolute necessity!