Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
My son is 6 year, immunoglobulin (ige) level is very high 2300 so getting skin allergy problem This problem is started a year ago. Please help.
Hi I am 20 years old. My skin is little darken and some pimple problem. My skin is oily. And I want to try cadila skin shine tube for brightning skin. So please give opinion for it. And any other cream for lightning my face? please ans fast.
Hello, I have a hair fall Problem, dandruff & my hairs also turning white. I am 22 years old. *** I want to know what Actual reason behind thiz. Past Days I vl eat outside food, I am staying hostel. The problem is from last 2 years. I need good Advice to make solution of thiz I do not want 2 take any ayurvedic produce nd medicine which are effected to health or brain. I need a solution what food I have to take which shampoo I have to use which doctor I need to consult please help me thank you.
I have ringworm infection on my shoulder I use some medication but it did not effect much kindly suggest what to do.
I have much problem with my hair. They are falling day by day. I have used many shampoo for this purpose but it can't help me. please tell me any suggestions.
Hii doctor! I am suffering from hair loss for few months, and I have lost much of my hair. Please advice me what to do?
I am suffer from black skin for 6 month. I am using soap for skin please give the suggestion for skin fairness. Any face wash.
My daughter age is 13 from some days before she is suffering from hand problems she has ruff and wound hand also she has dry hand some red small pimples showing her finger and palm she loves dog or other animal but when she touch him she got redness in hand and all hand ripen and burning like that we show her skin specialist so many times but they said she has some allergy we have to observe but she eat everything then how we know what she has problem doctor said that there is no problem to touch the animal her comb shampoo towel separate we keep now from two days she in same problem we are applying candid cream and some medicine we are given what we do for her should we do some blood test or how we know about her allergy thanks.
Dear sir/madam Hi I m sanjay 37y Bhopal my hair loss is loss &fals & white before time PLS send solution in my email id Thanks.
I am getting severe acne with pus. Have tried applying Clindamycin gel, Betnovate C but nothing is helping in making it dry. Kindly suggest some strong anti-acne tube or any steroidal gel to make it dry and fade off the marks. Thank you
My hand, chest and leg is too hairy. I want to remove hair completely. Please give me some home made tips to remove my hair.
Hi I got so many pimples on my cheek its red too. N I went to dermatologist but no effect. He told I got infection. Now it is spreading to neck please assist me.
I have skin problem, if session is changed than my face and many part of body like hand etc. Arrived a dot and after finishing dots. It left marks in my body. So please help me.
I am 59 years male person. For the last 15 years I am suffering with eczema on my legs lower side. A black thick skin patch is formed on both legs. Except that place no other place is affected. Some times it is itchy. Two or three times it was completely cured on using certify with with ointments. But for the last six years I am not using medicines regularly as such thick patch is again formed and it is not been cured. I am unable to wear shorts or to wash feet before other people. What are the extreme effects in future? I have to suffer for my life? Or is it curable? If so please advice further course of action.
On my face soo much oil is producing, even after I washed my face. With in 1hour oil is producing, from many years I have this problem. What should I do?
Hello, i'm suffering from Hair Loss. My age 24 years and i'm a male. Could you please help on this. About the precautions and food.
Are you growing hair in unusual places where you do not want them to be such as on the neck, chest, chin and back? Hirsutism is a medical term, which refers to excess body hair and facial hair in women. It occurs because of an increased production of androgens or male hormones. The increased sensitivity of the androgen receptors in the skin follicles also causes hirsutism.
Hirsutism is diagnosed using two methods:
- The Ferriman Gallwey model involves the visual inspection for detecting the presence of excess hair. The amount of hair growth in nine areas of your body is quantified in this model. However, this is not an ideal method as many women shave or pluck their hair.
- Blood test for excess androgens is another method for diagnosis of hirsutism. The different tests include free testosterone, total testosterone and DHEAS or dehydropiandosterone sulphate. Women with PCOS are likely to have increased levels of free testosterone in their body because of the absence of enough sex hormone binding globulin.
Removing excess hair
There are several ways by which you can get rid of excess body and facial hair. They are as follows:
- Plucking is a way of hiding hair during early stages. It is an easy fix. However, plucking from the follicle may lead to the distortion of the follicle, which may cause hair to thicken and turn darker.
- Depilatories is another way of removing excess hair due to hirsutism. Depilatories remove excess hair by the use of a chemical which dissolves the hair.
- Waxing is also effective for removing excessive hair. In waxing, warm wax is spread over the affected areas; a strip of cloth is placed over it, and rubbed on the wax. After holding the skin tight, the cloth is pulled off.
- Several medicines are used for dealing with hirsutism in women such as oral contraceptives, which help in removing the amount of androgens in the body. The androgen production may decrease as a result of oral contraceptives. The amount of circulating concentration of androstenediones and total testosterone are also reduced. Anti androgen medicines are also prescribed in some cases.
- Electrolysis is opted as a measure of managing excessive hair. In the process, a needle gets inserted along the hair shaft. After this, an electric pulse is sent to the root. This makes the hair release from the follicles and they are pulled out.
Laser hair removal is the final option for hirsutism treatment. In this method, light from the laser eliminates several hairs in the affected area. The pigment present in the hair absorbs the energy from the laser and gets destroyed.