Lybrate.com has top trusted Homeopaths from across India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay Subhash ButalaYour feedback matters!
I am having anxiety for the last 3 years. I am taking clonotril 0.25 daily. How can I stop this medicine and come out from anxiety. I am also having acidity for last 9 years. I am taking esomeprazole 40 mg daily. Is there any permanent treatment of acidity.
I am 55 years old female working in hotel industry. Lately I am getting swelling on my left and right feet and left hand upto the wrist. Consulted few doctors but no diagnoses and no cure so far. Swelling reduces if I keep my feet up but comes back if I walk or put my feet down. Please advise.
I am 18 year old I masturbated daily I fell nothing physically or mentally disorder. Is Masturbating good or bad for me. Or any feature problem of masturbating.
My daughter age is three years and she is suffering from fever tempereture about 100 to 101 and she has caugh about three days what to do?
I am 22 year old male I have acne problem on my face from last 2 year please suggest me some treatment thnx sir.
Doctor. My stomach is very paining. Its suddenly start. And it is very painful. I am very tired plizzz help. What I do.
My hair is rough and split dandruff very much please tell how can I do for my hair. I want my hair silky n smooth please suggest me.
Is it good to see porn movies while having sex. I use to lick my partner's vagina for long time. Then white liquid comes from her vagina. I should insert my dick before or after the discharge of the liquid? And my partner uses her breast and inserts my dick in between those two. Is it good?
On my face, red coloured pimples occur. Then after sometimes, those red pimples get converted into black colour. And they are becoming big day by day. Its been an year. I am tensed. Is there any treatment. Are they warts or what?
I am 28 years old, I had my last period on 30th Nov and got over by 3rd-4th Dec and had unprotected sex on 6th Dec though I had an I pill within 12 hrs, bt on 12th Dec morning I was bleeding a bit .I am worried ,hope this does not mean I am pregnant ,plz Advice me on this, what does this mean?
I want to know some tips to increase height effectively because in last 1 year my height hasn't increased.
Pigmentation of the skin is a medical term, which refers to the phenomena of colouring. Our skin is made up of cells that produce a pigment named melanin. The colour of the skin largely depends on the production of melanin. If more melanin is produced, the skin looks darker and vice-versa. When the melanin producing cells are damaged due to long exposure to sunlight, pregnancy or any other disease, pigmentation of the skin takes place. The skin may get dark entirely or in patches due to pigmentation. In some cases, decolouration takes place or white patches are formed on the skin.
Causes and Types of Pigmentation
The type of skin pigmentation depends on the cause behind it. Here are some of the common causes and types:
- Melanin: The skin colour varies from one person to another due to the presence of a pigment called melanin. It is produced by melanocytes cells in our body. Melanin protects our skin from damage on exposure to sunlight. When we spend long hours under the sun, the melanin production is increased. This gives a tanned look.
- Freckles: These are caused by clusters of melanin. These gets accumulated or concentrated in clusters on being exposed to sunrays.
- Liver Spots/Age Spots: These are also known as solar lentigos. This can be due to ageing or excessive exposure to UV rays.
- Birthmarks: These are referred to the irregular blemish that appears on any part of the body soon after birth or at the time of birth. These are of two types: vascular and pigmented.
- Melasma/Chloasma Faciei: This is usually found in pregnant women. It occurs due to the over-activation of melanocytes as there is a hormonal imbalance.
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation: This refers to inflammation as a result of inflammation caused by trauma.
Treatment: There are several ways to treat skin pigmentation. There are medicines and cosmetics available in the markets, which help in getting rid of the pigmentation. Skin pigmentation can also be tackled by certain home-based remedies. Here are some of these remedies:
- Milk and honey face pack: Milk is known to contain lactic acid. Apply a mixture of milk and honey on the affected part of the skin. This makes the hyperpigmented skin lighter in colour.
- Vegetable juices: Some vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber and potato are effective in getting rid of the skin pigments. Cut slices of these vegetables and rub them over the affected parts. The juices from these vegetables will lighten the pigmented part.
- Avocado magic: It is advisable to peel off an avocado and apply its juice with honey over the affected area.
- Add Vitamin E to your diet: Include foods rich in vitamin E in your meals. It helps in restoring the pigmented skin back to its normal form.
- Face mask: There are several face masks available that can work wonder in curing pigmentation of the skin. You can use face packs containing oatmeal, honey, sandalwood, turmeric powder, raw milk, and orange powder.
- Sun-screen: It is important to guard your skin against the ultraviolet rays. UV rays lead to pigmentation of the skin. So, apply a sunscreen lotion or cream before stepping out of your home.
- Take up some exercise: A key to a healthy skin is a good lifestyle. One must exercise regularly to maintain proper blood circulation throughout the body. Proper flow of blood keeps the skin healthy and free from pigmentation.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and cigarettes: The consumption of alcohol and cigarettes leads to the generation of toxins in our blood stream. This is harmful to our skin.
- Cocoa butter: It has nourishing and de-tanning effects on the skin. Use a cream that contains cocoa butter extracts on daily basis.
- Oil massage: Certain oils like olive and almond are good for treating damaged skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.