Lybrate.com has top trusted Geriatricians from across India. You will find Geriatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Geriatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay PowarYour feedback matters!
I am 39 years old man. Whenever I drink cold like colddrink or cold water, nose getting wet and lastly it transfer it into cold. Please suggest me what to do for permanently remove.
FIGHT the FLU (Influenza) through Education and Awareness.
By – Dr. Dilip Pawar (Pediatrician)
• FLU is caused by Influenza virus (Swine Flu is one of the types of influenza virus flu)
• It mainly affects the respiratory tract and causes diseases varying from mild cold to very severe pneumonia which may be life threatening.
• Flu becomes serious mainly in small kids, old people, and patients having poor immunity due to other diseases.
• Patient spreads the infection by coughing and sneezing infected droplets in the air.
• Flu treatment should be started in all patients and their high risk close contacts as advised by the treating doctor.
• Other measures include isolation of the patient, bed rest, lots of fluid intake, use of face mask (N95) and frequent hand washing by patient.
• An effective method of prevention is yearly Flu Vaccine. It should be given to all kids below 5 year of age, all high risk patients and patients with poor immunity.
• Immunity develops after 2 – 3 wk. of vaccination and last for 6 to 12 months.
• Educating others at home, in schools, offices and society helps in controlling the spread of FLU.
• For any queries and doubt feel free to write us at firstname.lastname@example.org or post your query on facebook.
What are the symptoms of flu? How can I preserve from this disease? In fifteen days I safe from this?
I have cough and cold problems about 30 days, I have always run water from my nose, please suggest me and solve my problem, and tell me how medicine use?
I have a 3 year old who keeps on suffering from stomach upset (vomitting, diarrhea and gas) and cold every month with fever (100- 101 deg f). Have been taking him to pediatrician. His sleep is not sound. He has been diagnosed with slight adenoids. But this suffering is not going away. Please advise what to do ?
From past 3 days I am suffering with cold and flu currently I am consuming antibiotics, zerodol and cetrizine tablets, I feel that the flu is no longer but the dizziness and the body ache is still there please help.
My father is 86 years age. He forgets everything of present but remembers of distant past. He can walk but we don't send him out as he is lost on the way 4-5 times. Is there any cure?
I have a flu what are its symptoms and how can I take precautions and also what are its medications.
One thing that a weather change brings about is lung infections - most commonly cough and cold. Most people dread the change of seasons from one temperature to another because of the fear of how their body will react to the weather change. Be it extreme hot or cold, most people end up with a cough and cold. The more affected age groups again are the children and the elderly. However, all it takes to prevent this is to plan a little so that the body can get used to the change and not react with a cough or cold.
Prevention: There are few things that can be done which can help avoid catching cold.
- Avoid sudden exposure to cold, from a heated room to the cold outdoors, especially in the evening and morning. Those who are used to a morning and evening walk may have to change the routine.
- Avoid cold food items such as cool drinks, milk shakes and ice-creams.
- Having a warm bath, early morning and late evening is advisable.
- Avoid foods such as sour stuffs, pickles and fried foods.
- Eat small, frequent meals that are prepared fresh are nutritious and of moderate temperature.
- If there are infected people in your neighborhood, avoid being in close contact with them as you might get infected as well.
- Wash your hands enough to keep them free of germs
- As much as cold weather does not make you thirsty, push enough fluids so that your body stays hydrated. If water is not appealing enough, drink warm water or tea or lime.
- Ensure the house, especially kitchen and bathroom are clean and disinfected.
- Avoid exposure to dust and pollen as they carry lot of germs.
- Avoid staying in a poorly ventilated room, enough circulation ensures germs are not concentrated in one room
- Timely vaccination against flu
Treatment: Despite these measures, once the cough and cold has set in, the following are some easy remedies:
- Steam inhalation, preferably with eucalyptus oil added to it.
- Having warm soup with ginger and garlic added to it to soothe the throat
- Ginger and other spices like cardamom and cinnamon can also be added to tea.
- Lemon and honey can be added to a glass of warm water. This will soothe the throat and help fight cold.
- Chewing Tulsi leaves can be beneficial
- Yoga exercises such as Pranayama and Jalneti can be done to cleanse the nasal cavity, prevent sinus congestion, and clear mucus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.