Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay PotharYour feedback matters!
Hi. I m blessed with a Baby Girl! Glad to see wonderful doctors here As we will be purchasing all baby products like shampoo, soap, creams etc. What is the best brand to go with? Also regarding baby food products, brand advise needed. Hope to get quick response on above. Thanks a lot for Lybrate for staying connected.
My daughter is 25 days old. She is vomiting after some feed. She does not take breast feed. She is taking Isomil. I had done electrolyte taste and the result is Potassium 5.5, Sodium 140 and Chloride.
My 1-month old baby seems to have hydrocele. What are your suggestions that I should follow to not let him go through in future.
My 2.5 yrs old boy is suffering from stomach ache and having gas all the time. He is not eating anything and vomiting if given medicines. He is also having mild fever and loose motions.
My son does not responds properly when we call him even though he has no problem in hearing. He also does not speaks properly at the age of 5 years. please help.
I have 2.5 month baby she is suffering from cold and cough from 1 week I saw her a child Dr. He gave him asthakind and switch drop but no benefit Can you suggest me any best treatment Thanks.
I am suffering under sensory neural hearing loss for more than thirty years due to well path and diving in the village decibel loss 60 both sides many vitamins minerals tablets homeopathy Ayurvedic tablets taken but no improvement as far as clarity of words spoken by persons and over phone tv etc hearing aids tried no use it only increases the sound but not helping for clarity of words as far as sound enough for me life time my age is 65 Is there any medicine essential oils etc in the world to restore my clarity hearing of words.
My baby is 6 month old are mosquito stickers good to stick on baby clothes while taking him out for a walk in the evening. What should I do to keep him away from mosquito bites.
I have a 10 month baby boy suffering from reddish eye from last 2 month and pediatrician refer to eyes specialist. I want to know whom to visit and also refer in Noida / Ghaziabad area. Please advice.
What tests generally are very much necessary for good health of newborn baby. My baby is just 5 days old and I want to know about anything that I need to ask to doctors jaaan detail.
What Causes Eczema? Ways to Prevent Eczema Outbreaks
A skin inflammation, eczema, also known as atopic eczema, refers to the changes that occur in the upper skin layer. These skin changes can be thickened and cracked skin, skin redness, crusting of the affected area and swollen raw skin, among others. The exact cause of this skin condition is not yet known but a mix of factors have been found to be behind this health problem.
The factors that play a role in causing eczema are:
- Dry skin brings down your skin's ability to fend off irritants as well as allergy causing substances from entering your skin, resulting in an inflammatory condition.
- Genetics is also one of the factors that may affect the proper functioning of your skin as a barrier against harmful substances. Therefore, if either one of the parent or both suffers from the condition, it is very likely that their children too will suffer from it.
- Abnormal functioning of your body's immune system can also lead to this skin condition. This is because it's your body's immune system that fights off infections as well as harmful intruders.
- The presence of the bacteria called Staphylococcus aureus, which brings about sweat buildup, inflames the skin considerably, leading to this condition.
- Even environmental factors like pollen, cigarette smoke lead to the flaring of eczema.
How can you prevent an eczema outbreak?
It is very common for this skin condition to flare-up from time to time. But you can avoid such outbreaks or reduce their severity by following these very simple ways:
- Keep your skin well-moisturized so that it doesn't dry out causing further irritation.
- Sudden changes in temperature can cause the skin condition to break out. So, when the weather is hot, keep yourself cool but during cold weather, use a humidifier to prevent the skin from drying out.
- Keep sweating in check as it can cause an outbreak very easily
- Avoid the use of harsh detergents and soaps, woolen materials as well as the consumption of foods that may lead to flare-ups
I have 4 months baby and Mother cannot produce milk for baby. We are using dexolac 1. What can we do so that mother will be able to breastfeed or any other suggestion?
On the occasion of Children’s Day this year, switch to smarter choices from entertaining toys and noisy video games as gifts for your kids. Enhance their lifestyle by making available gifts that involve constructive physical, cognitive or emotional skills. All you need to do is find the ideal gift for your little one that adds a smile on his face while teaching him something meaningful.
Maintain your own Calendar!
Gift #1- Most children like to know what day it is, how many days until a certain event, or even what the plan of the day is and so on. Some kids struggle with spur-of-the-moment plans. Gifting your little boy or girl their own month or annual planner will also make your world run smoothly. This enables them to write down their own classes, events, play dates or school days.
Benefit- A calendar would make your young one responsible enough to remember important dates and maintain his/her own schedule.
Challenging Games and Puzzles!
Gift #2- Kids love great indoor activities that pique their interests. Some are known to be constructive activities that teach your child a lot. Certain games help in strengthening mathematical skills in children like Monopoly and Payday. Memory or language games too help in adding value to your child’s mind. Rory’s Story Cubes and Q-bitz are challenging games that check and increase visual and creative skills.
Benefit- Games help in brain development and enhance problem solving skills. Puzzles increase creative and novel thinking that help in building your kid’s IQ.
Gift #3- If your children enjoy eating or cooking food, they will love this gift. All you need to do is select an easy recipe of a yummy treat and purchase all the required ingredients. To make the event a special one, set a date and time for cooking together. Baking or cooking together with your child is an ideal time to share a beautiful bond while they learn life skills.
Benefit- This special home activity will surely instil culinary values. As a whole this process would also train them to work as team and follow procedures and steps carefully.
A Micro-Library for Kids
Gift #4- Reading is a habit that mostly develops at a younger age and it’s an essential if you want your child to have a strong hold over a language. Books with a message and stories with a deep-rooted moral go a long way in inspiring the young minds. Good reads with a positive layout for kids that you can opt for are “I Believe in Me” by Connie Bowen or “On My Way to a Happy Life” by Deepak Chopra.
Benefit- Books are teachers in itself as they impart knowledge. Good books develop spoken, written, creative and cognitive skills whilst teaching your kid perfect usage of the language.
Telling the Time
Gift #5- You can check whether or not your child knows how to read analog clocks in this age of digitalisation. If you find he/she takes too long to think about it you can think of getting them a cool analog watch with three hands. This makes them want to be able to tell time on it.
Benefit- Being on time is a wonderful thing. Train your kid to be punctual at his/her growing years by gifting them the perfect time-managing instrument.
My daughter is 4 years old. Daily she is vomiting at school. Morning she will have little bit of bournivita that's it. During snack break at school while having snack she will vomit daily. After having bournvita she will say feel like vomiting. Even I changed the drink to tea & other drinks also but same problem please suggest.
My daughter is 12 years old she is suffering with cough since birth and her weight is 22 kg.Kindly advise?
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SID) refers to the unexplained and sudden death of a seemingly hale and hearty baby. This condition tends to occur when the baby is asleep and that's why it's also known as crib death. Although the reason for the condition is still not known, many experts have attributed the cause of the condition to abnormal development in the parts of the baby's brain that oversees breathing and awakening from sleep. Nonetheless, there are ways that can prevent the problem from occurring and which are:
- Always place your baby on the back to sleep - Sleeping on the back is the safest position that your baby should be in, whenever he or she sleeps. You shouldn't let your child sleep on the sides as he or she can roll onto the stomach, and may hamper the breathing process. You can place your baby on the stomach when he or she is awake.
- Place your baby on a firm surface to sleep sans of any objects - It's best to place your baby on a firm mattress to sleep while avoiding thick and feather padding like a thick comforter. At the same time, objects like toys, stuffed animals or pillows should be removed from the crib as they may get in the way of your child's breathing by pressing on his or her face.
- Make sure your baby doesn't become very hot - For keeping your baby warm during sleep, it's best to opt for sleep clothing or blanket made of light material so that it doesn't make him or her feel very hot. If using a blanket, it should be placed loosely over the baby and one should also remember to not cover the baby's head during sleep.
- Use a pacifier - Research suggests that the use of the pacifier can reduce a baby's chance of dying from SIDS. This is because the pacifier helps in preventing the baby from rolling over onto his or her stomach during sleep. At the same time, it's also believed that the instrument helps in keeping the baby's tongue positioned in a manner that keeps his or her airways open.
- Breastfeed your baby - Breastfeeding your baby for a minimum of 6 months can help in preventing the occurrence of SIDS. Several studies have revealed this beneficial aspect of breastfeeding.
Related Tip: 4 Worst Foods Ever To Feed Your Baby!