Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay DeoYour feedback matters!
The MRI of my spine revealed" Posterior annular bulge of C5-C6 intervertebral disc causing anterior thecal sac indentation with mild spinal canal compromise noted" I wish to understand what does this mean in simple terms - is it the same as neck spondylitis? Can this be permanently cured through exercises or rest?
I am suffering from pain in left foot heel from January 2014after along walk. Kencort was injected in july 2014, remained well up to 9 months , Now pain relapsed , whether kencort injection is the only remedy, what are its bad effects. Is there any treatment to cure the heel pain
I am 54 year old fall in bathroom during taking bath from hip side doctor said its intertrochanteric fracture LT femur. But I can stand and able to move my left leg slowly only I feel is aching in my nerves. Please suggest. They are not showing me my x-ray reports to me.
My mother suffering from night leg pain what should be prescribe for that leg pain since many years it is more in sole! It because of iron deficiency or hypocalcemia? Which investigation diagnose it and treatment?
Sir my age of 22 early morning I am wake up my body is pain predominantly shoulder and leg what should I do?
I am 65 yrs old and an accident one year before. There were fractures in my pelvic bone. I was advised bed rest and physiotherapy. But now since last two months I am unable to sit at one place not more than half an hour. All my muscles are paining. I get tingling in the morning. Also suffering from fever which is 99 to 100, my routine is disturbed. I have done blood tests and on vit b 12 and d 3 injections. Almost now more than a month but no improvement. Kindly suggest what must be the reason and what medication I should take.
My mother is 48 years old and is suffering from knee pain from last 1 month. Sometimes her knee stops moving. Plss suggest me something.
I have spine potts and biopsy is also done but now problem is at biopsy region pus is outsided and skin come up what can I do age is 30 years female.
My mother is 52 years old having weight of around 95 kgs. She is having pain in her left leg on knee. She use to exercise a lot before. Bt having no relief she discontinued. Now she use to go fr walk in the morning for around an hour. And she does all her home work. Making food, cleaning the house. We are also consulting our family doctor. But there is no such relief in her legs. And now there is a slight pain in her right leg also. So please guide me a good treatment.
I am suffering from sciatica for the last 5 years can you tell me the permanent cure for this in immediately? Or suggest me the suitable doctor to cure me.
I have started running on trade mill 2 month back. Now I developed pain in the heal while walking. Suggest the permanent treatment for it.
I am man of 59 years age and I am feeling pain in my legs and could not walk for long time. I would request for recommendation for ointment or cream for external application for relief and cure.
I have sever pain in my legs from hip to feet if I am standing for cooking my feet are pain and side nerve is pain it is like this. After 9 months section.
I am a 20 year male. I am cricketer. I have bought a new bike 2 months back. From then while riding bike I am getting back pain. It continues in free times also even when I am studying and sleeping. Please advise me.
Sir my nerve conduction test is normal .But I dint do MRI as my neurologist suggest me neck x-ray and analyse and told me it's neck spondylitis .But apni in my hand very hard some time even above neck near by ear ,suggest.
I am having left side abdoman and back pain some times burping and burning. I saw tow doctor they took my sonography twice they could not find out any disease. But still I have the same problem continuing.
Neck pain and stiffness can give you a harrowing time. From children to aged people, the condition is a common problem that can affect all and sundry. In addition to the pain and discomfort, the condition also restricts the head movement. The neck bones and muscles are important as they not only give support to the head but also ensures its free and unrestricted movement.
Stiff neck and neck pain can be an amalgamation of various factors such as
Our professional commitments often demand spending hours before the computer. The sedentary lifestyle is the main wrecker in chief, giving rise to many health complications, with neck pain and stiffness being one amongst them. Sitting in one position for long often results in muscle pull (tension) and strain. The muscle tension can also be an outcome of incorrect sleeping posture.
- Neck injury and inflammation sustained during an exercise or due to an accident can also result in neck pain.
- Neck injury followed by pain and stiffness can also be an outcome of Whiplash (a condition where a person suddenly jerks the head).
- Stiffness and neck pain can also be triggered by medical conditions such as Meningitis, Rheumatoid Arthritis (of the neck), Heart attack, Fibromyalgia (muscular pain particularly in the shoulder and neck area), Cancer (of the spine), Spondylosis, and Spinal stenosis, to name a few.
Seek a medical assistance in case
- The condition aggravates and persists for long.
- The pain and stiffness are sudden and unexplained.
- Pain that slowly moves down the arms and legs.
- In addition to the neck pain and stiffness, a person complains of a headache, nausea, vomiting, fever, difficulty in eating food, a bowel disorder.
- A lump (in the neck) accompanied by pain and stiffness needs immediate and thorough investigation.
Diagnosis and treatment
Neck pain and stiffness are often diagnosed by
- Physical examination.
- A lumbar puncture can also aid in the diagnosis.
- Imaging tests such as X-rays, MRI, CT scans, Electromyography
- Blood tests.
Depending on the severity, a doctor decides upon the course and mode of treatment
- The use of ice packs or heat pads (avoid very high temperature) on the affected area every 2-3 hours (for 15-20 minutes) can provide great relief.
- Gentle massaging can go a long way to relieve the pain and stiffness. It only helps to improve the blood circulation.
- Neck exercises and stretching play a pivotal role in strengthening the neck muscles, thereby reducing the pain and stiffness. However, in an endeavor to achieve maximum results, do not overdo yourself.
- Medicines such as Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID), Tylenol, Advil, corticosteroid injections, come in handy in case of severe pain and inflammation.
- Use of a neck collar provides support to the affected area.
- Surgery may be recommended (very rare) in the case of serious complications.
- Some patients also benefit from Acupuncture and Chiropractic (alternate medicines). Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!