Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanjay D. Bhalerao
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay D. BhaleraoYour feedback matters!
I have gittleman syndrome before 4 years ago. Why my back &leg pain continue 20 days, please advise me. How that cure.
I am 26 year old. I have pain in my knees I tried pain killer but not work so pls help me wht to do.
Sir I want to know about the back pain. Why it happens? how I can get free from this pain? Please advise.
Sometimes, the joint that connects the big toe to the feet may develop an unnatural hump. This condition is known as bunions. Sometimes, it may so happen that the big toe move towards the other toes, pushing the base of the toe outward, leading to the development of bunions. There are ways, by which you treat bunions. Some of them are-
- Medication: Visiting a doctor is the most prudent step to take in case you are suffering from bunions. The inflammation and the swelling that accompany bunions can be initially treated by medicines and pain relievers.
- Heating pad: Heating pad generally treats and manages pain by applying heat on the affected areas. In the case of bunions, heating pad has emerged as an effective way to deal with bunions.
- Ice pack: Working on a principle, which is the very reverse of heating pad, ice packs uses refrigerant gel or cold water to treat injuries.
- Wearing the shoe of the right size: Bunions are generally the result of wearing ill-fitting shoes. Therefore, one of the easiest way to deal with it would probably be wearing the right size.
- Bunion pads: At the initial stages, a bunion can be treated by wearing a bunion pad. This will help to realign the toe that had deviated as well as reduce the ensuing pain.
- Foot exercises: Exercises have always proved to be an efficient way in dealing with various physical deformities, and a bunion is no different. Few foot exercises can work wonders in treating bunions.
- Surgery: This is used in the case of extreme situations. When the condition persists, then the intervention of a surgery becomes important to realign the affected toe.
SYRINGOMYELIA. I am a 33 years old, female. With a recent mri diagnosis of mild syrinx in t7-9 spine. And cervical disc bulge at c6-7. My symptoms are, constant fatigue, pain in neck, upper back, pulling ache in legs, tingling sensation in left hand and both feet. Imbalance. What is the treaTment and quality of life I can expect.
Whenever I stand after some 5-10 mins I hear an cracking sounds from my knees. Is it normal or it needs some medical assistance.
I am 7 months 20 days pregnant and my leg/ foot is swelling from last 1 week that much that i am using no. 8 shoes whereas my no. is 5 and its pain also can't give step properly after 10 or 15 min if I sit and my hand also swelling now.
I am 28yrs old male and am experiencing pain in my ankles when I sit on bed for some time or when I put some pressure at that place. What should I do?
My back was paining from past few days. I work in a corporate office with 12 hours of complete sit position. What precautions do I need to take, how will my back cure?
352241The sciatic nerve is the longest nerve in the human body. It runs from the lower back, through the buttocks, your hamstrings and into the lower leg. Sciatica means pain in the leg, numbness or any kind of weakness in the lower back. There can be many reasons for a leg pain such as an injury to the leg or it can be due to the main nerve which travels in the lower back. Many times, it is not diagnosed properly and hence it will take a lot of time to respond to the treatment or in some cases, it may not respond at all.
Symptoms of Sciatica:
- You will experience pain in the lower back only on one side of the body.
- The pain continues from the lower back to the sciatic nerve.
- Rarely, you will see the pain on both sides of the body or buttocks.
- The pain is very sharp.
- In some cases, the patient may experience a needles or pins sensation in the leg and in some cases, it is weakness or numbness in the lower back.
- The pain gets so severe that you will not be able to walk or even stand.
- If you have lower back pain combined with leg pain, then lower back pain is not going to be as severe as the leg pain. With the help of the symptoms, your doctor will be able to diagnose sciatica but in order to know the exact cause and origin of this pain, you will have to undergo other tests and examinations.
Physiotherapy for Sciatica:
There are many surgical treatments available for sciatica, but it is always good to go for non-surgical treatments. So you can opt for physiotherapy. You will be able to see better and long lasting results with this treatment. As it involves a thorough assessment of it o352241n which the treatment protocol is laid.
Physiotherapy involves four phases:
- Pain relief
- Restoration of normal flexibility
- Restoration of full functionality
- Prevention of recurrence
In sciatica, it is due to unbearable pain, you seek treatment. So that has to be treated initially. When you can see that the pain is under control, then the physiotherapist will start working on the range of motion for your joints. The muscle tension will be reduced and muscle strength will be improved. In the third stage, your physiotherapist will start working on restoring the normal function of your body, especially your legs and your lower back. In the last stage, the physiotherapist will help you with some exercises that will stop its recurrence. Usually, sciatica will return after some time but taking a little care at the early stage can prevent it. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!