Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanjana Shiggaon
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjana ShiggaonYour feedback matters!
I feel my eyes tighten after working at the computer or reading something for continuously say 30 minutes. Feel difficult to focus and sometimes feel I am seeing double. After a gap it is fine but again after 30 minutes feel the same symptoms. I do not have glasses so far could it be that I have a power and need to check or something else. Have always taken pride at my eyesight. Am 52 years old.
Recently I am seeing some kind of floating air bauble in front my eyes whenever I am looking towards sky every time .what's the possible reason of that? Till now my both eyes are normal & I am not using any glass, my age is 26. Please help me.
Dear Sir, My Father has Glaucoma Problem in one eye. While another eye has been disable(Vision lost) due to one accident. Can we alter that disable eye with another donor's eye ?
I have Alopecia at back side of my head. I use different medicines for it but did not see any change. What should I do?
I use laptop a lot. these days my eyes are getting reddish frequently. can you give a solution to it ?
I am wearing glasses my eye power was -2.5 .but after 6 month my eye power is -3.5. How I will increase my eye power.
Eye exercises might not necessarily improve eyesight but they help in preventing eye problems and maintaining the correct eyesight level. Eye exercises are usually designed to provide strength to eye muscles, while improving focus, allowing flexible eye movements and helping stimulate the vision centre of the brain.
- Palming: This exercise is also very simple to perform. All you have to do is cover your eyes with your palms. Once you have done this, just wait and see that there are no bright flashes of light. If you see that there is a bright flash of light, just wait till they go. This is used primarily to distress the eyes.
- Flexing: This is simply rotating your eyes in circles. Roll your eyes in the clockwise direction for one minute and then roll your eyes in the anticlockwise direction for one minute.
- Blinking: Your eyes get strained due to long hours of sitting at the computer or television and you tend to blink less. Whenever you blink, your eyes stay in darkness for a few microseconds that help to keep the eyes fresh, while reducing eye strain.
- Stretching: This is the most common and also one of the easiest to do. It requires you to just look up, hold for two seconds, look down, hold for two seconds and then repeat this procedure for each corner of your eye, which means top-left, top-right, bottom-left and bottom-right corners.
- Near and far focusing: This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and improves the vision of your eyes.
It involves the following steps:
- Either sit or stand in a comfortable position for 2-3 minutes
- Bring your thumb about 10 inches in front of your eyes and try to focus on it
- Now try focusing on an object that is about 10-20 feet in front of your eyes
- Try switching between focusing on the other object and your thumb on each deep breath
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!