Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Sangeetha BahetiYour feedback matters!
Water comes out from my eyes every morning. I am tensed due to dis situation. Every day when I wake up I have watery eyes. Wat is d root cause of dis and wat is d exact solution.
I am facing a severe problem with head ache. I am nt able to think even. I have an eye sight of 1. Please suggest me a solution for this.
I am suffering from gas formation but now I feel better but in some time my body temperature get increase due to this burning sensation takes place in my all body and my eye also burns and I feel not better at that time what I do to overcome from this give me sagation.
I am suffering from stye chalazion on upper pellet of eye since one year. What are the treatment and home remedies to cure it.
Here are causes, effects and treatments of glaucoma
Hello I am Dr S Bharti founder and chairman of Bharti Eye hospital. Today I will be taking about Glaucoma quick is the second most common cause of blinding in elderly. Glaucoma is a complex of pressure and optic nerve damage related to each other and sometimes the pressure is higher than normal while sometimes it is normal. In either case optic nerve is unable to sustain the pressure and this condition is called Glaucoma. Most of the damage caused is irreversible and that is why regular eye checkups are important after the age of 40.
Glaucoma could be hereditary, diabetes is another common cause of it. That is why we suggest that people having other 2 situations should get very regular eye checkups.Glaucoma is a treatable disease and can be treated with eye drops. Surgery is required in extreme cases. The treatment available today is very successful and in most cases we are able to maintain a high quality of vision.
My suggestion is anybody who has a possibility of developing Glaucoma should go for regular eye checkups.Thank you. You can get in touch with me at Lybrate.
I am student, I have problem with my eyes it stays always reddish and sometimes after concentrated for a long time my head starts paining can you please help me for my problem.
Hi doctor, I work in Corporate sector and supposed to sit on the monitor for 8-9 hours. For this, I use anticlear glasses but still suffer from red eyes. Kindly suggest some good remedy or eye dropper for the same. I want to avoid this redness in eye as it looks awkward at workplace. Thanks.
I got spikes yesterday for the first time. The power stood -. 75. Can I get rid from spikes ever again? And initially my eyes are paining.
I'm 20 year old man and some time suffer form pain in right side eye due to prolong study or short time computer work.
Hi, I am 15 years old and I read in class 10. And at this time I need of memory nd remember power. But I am losing my remember power. I can't remember the long type questions (marks-2-7. I only remember the very short type questions. But at the time of long questions I read them for 10-15 times nd after 7 days I need to again read it nd after some days again. So how can I increase my remember power. I am in need of it. Nd give me some remember tips.
Hi, I been suffering from severe lower back pain. MRI and X rays have been normal. Doctors keep telling about back strengthening exercise for 20 mins every day. I have severe pain. Is there any permanent cure or not? I recently started gym. Are there any exercises I should avoid. Appreciate any help to cute lower back pain for good.
Sir from last year or so I have an watching problem in my eyes and this increases as the winter starts. Will please tell me this happen.
If I will eat chicken or fried egg. After some time my eyes looking blurred and they get hot. What's my problem? And what should I have to do?
I hv intense headache associated with eye pains. Intense headache at cortical region. Got fatigued even by simple walk.
Dear sir if I have RD in my one eye for 10 Years and can not see with it. Is there any chance my good eye will have rd in future due to effected eye.
The spots which occur in the vision are known as eye floaters. One might feel specks of gray and black or cobwebs and strings drifting in the eyes and the same darts away on staring at them directly. The most common cause of eye floaters is age related. This happens when the vitreous & the jelly like substance of the eye becomes very liquid. The fibers within the vitreous clump to form small shadows on the retina. This gives it an appearance of floaters.
Symptoms of eye floaters Include:
- Spots in the vision which appear as knobby or dark specs and strings that are transparent float in the eye
- Spots which move when the eyes are moved and when one tries to look at them these spots quickly move away from the field of vision
- Spots that are noticed most when looking at plain backgrounds like a white wall or blue sky
- Spots which settle and drift put slowly from the vision
Causes of eye floaters are:
- Age-related: The most common cause of eye floaters is the age related changes in the vitreous. Vitreous is a jelly like substance which fills the eyeballs and help it to maintain the round shape. With age the vitreous liquefies partially and this causes it to be pulled away from the interior surface of the eyeball. As the vitreous sags and shrinks, it becomes stringy and clumpy. When the vitreous gets clumpy then small debris block the light which passes through the eye and casts shadows on the retina.
- Inflammation at the back of the eye: The inflammation of the layers of the uvea in the back region of the eye is called posterior uveitis. This can give rise to eye floaters. Posterior uveitis is usually caused by inflammatory disease or infections.
- Bleeding in the eye: Bleeding of the eye in the vitreous can have any cause associated with it. Some might be an injury or the problems of the blood vessel.
- Torn retina: Tearing of the retina occurs when the sagging vitreous applies a pressure on the retina and ends up tearing it. If treatment not given then the retinal tear might lead to the detachment of the retina and accumulation of fluid behind the retina. This causes the retina to separate from the eye. If not treated it might also lead to permanent vision loss.
Treatment of Eye Floaters:
- Eye floaters are very frustrating and might take time to adjust to them. However, with time one might start ignoring them and noticing them less.
- Eye floaters which lead to impaired vision might need laser to disrupt the floaters or surgery to remove the vitreous.