Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sandilye
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. SandilyeYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am suffering from the wisdom tooth pain issue. I am having wisdom tooth which has not grown fully. Only some portion of wisdom teeth is visible from outside and some part of skin is trying to come on the top of half grown wisdom teeth. I am very nervous and little tense regarding this issue. I have also taken xray for the same. Wisdom teeth is preety straight so this is good for me but There is one black line in xray in the root of the wisdom teeth. Doctor told me this is an infection. Do I need to use any antibiotic to relive from pain? In future, Do I need to remove this wisdom tooth? Please suggest me the right direction to solve this issue as I am very much tensed. Thanks a lot in advance.
Not only do guava leaves relieve pain in the mouth, but a guava leaf can be ground up and used as a toothpaste to relieve sensitivity, as well as cure bad breath associated with gingivitis.
Is it possible that if root canal treatment is not done properly or by inefficient dental surgeon may lead to internal tumour near the tooth ?
Doctor mujhe 4 dino se muh me ghav hai. Usi ke karan kuchh bhi nhi kha pa rahe hai. Bhut pain ho raha hai. Doctor unke ultrasound report me left renal cyst aya hai. Doctor please kya kiya jaye jaldi bataiye. Age 54 year weight -56 kg.
It’s been a while that my tooth cap has fallen and I haven’t replaced it with another because of my carelessness, the filling inside my teeth has vanished and my tooth is totally open and sensitive now. I woke up in the middle of the night with a major tooth ache and it won’t stop aching. I used warm water and salt, ice too. Consumed tablet O2. But the pain isn’t stopping and unbearable. tomorrow is Sunday and I can’t get my tooth fixed. I need to know what would reduce my pain and how can I control it until at day when I visit my dentist.
I have tooth ache. I thought that it would be fine but it is getting more and more painful. What can I do?
One of the landmarks of a child's development during the first year is the eruption of the little white pearls. The first tooth breaks into the mouth, somewhere between six months to one year of life.
The entire set is in place in a baby's mouth by about 20 months of life. Though called deciduous teeth as they fall off after a certain period of time, the last of the milk teeth remains in the mouth up to 12 to 14 years of age.
Listed below are some points outlining the significance of milk teeth. It assumes importance, given that many a times, parents ignore injury and/or decay to these with the assumption that these are anyways temporary and a new set will be in place later.
- Eating: One of the primary functions of the milk teeth is to aid in chewing or mastication and digestion. Though not as strong as their permanent counterpart, they do play a great role in chewing and digesting the food. Children with malfunctioning teeth, especially molars, (missing or decayed) can result into poor nutrition.
- Speech development: The milk teeth play a critical role in the speech development, and speech abnormalities can be seen in people, who do not have an effective set of milk teeth. It is common to see children in whom the front teeth in the milk set are not properly positioned, there could be speech problems like lisping.
- Aesthetics: Needless to say, a good set of white, pearly teeth adds to the beauty of a child's smile. This plays a major role in boosting the child's social behavior including acceptance and confidence levels.
- Space Maintenance: The milk teeth maintain and preserve the space required for their successors. In case where a lost tooth is not replaced, the space may not be sufficient for the permanent one to erupt, and this may even stop the permanent one from erupting. The result could be a blank space where the milk tooth is lost without the successor erupting into the mouth due to lack of space.
Given the above reasons, it is very important to take good care of the primary or milk or deciduous teeth. Some simple things to do would be:
- Enforce a regular oral hygiene routine including rinsing after each meal or snack, brushing twice a day, flossing and use of mouthwash
- A biannual visit to the dentist for oral prophylaxis regular cleaning followed by fluoride paste application if required; this will also reduce the onset of dental caries. Early caries can be identified during these visits and treated before onset of pain.
- Chemical sealants may be used if the pits on the teeth are deep and can get decayed easily.
Visit your dentist regularly to know more and to maintain these pearls.