Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sandeep Jagtap
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep JagtapYour feedback matters!
I am 19 years old. I am a male. This year I will sit a important exam. Since may I can't sleep. So I have several headache. Can you please solve my problem?
Since last four years, I am suffering with the feeling that something happened to me. When ever there is some problem to my near and dears or some medical issue I got a fear with insecure feeling. My doctor says this is depression. Four which I had taken medicine since 2014. kindly advice if this type of medicine I have to take whole life because whenever I quit the medicine for few days the problem occur again. Apart this some times in the night after I slept for one hour I woke up with strong feeling that my head is swinging. This situation continues for 15 minutes at least. At this point of time I feel to much fear. Kindly advice some suitable solution for my above problems.
I am a 25 year old female and was given a prescription for mood disorder medication a psychotic tablet of 1 mg. I fear this medication will alter my personality make me interact like a zoombie or have volunteering head shacks and lip movement. Is there an alternative root to treat mood disorders? Because it is a disorder not an illness.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and perfect keeping to my self all the time. Please help me.
My son is 12 years old he is very short memory he can not learn his answers even he can not write properly he can not copy right from the blackboard he has lack of concentration.
Fight for the relationship not against your partner
Don't don't suppress feelings. Every marriage has its ups and downs. One must learn to accept that there will be times when ideas of partners collide to create negative emotions. You will need to be calm and express yourself. It is very important to express your emotions.
Unspoken assumptions and hidden meanings lead to greater misunderstandings. Clear things within a reasonable time span. Do not wait for the new year to sort things out.
Intimacy cannot be ascertained by frequency of sex. A gentle caress, holding of hands or a mere eye contact can be sensual too.
Instead of spewing anger at your partner after a fight, sleep over it. You may want to express in a toned down manner the next day. How you say things can be more damaging than what you actually say.
Actions speak louder than words at times. In case you cannot get yourself to say sorry to your spouse, you can say it by actions. Something as simple as putting on your spouse's favorite music or slipping in a piece of chocolate into his/her bag can send the right message.
It's very essential to move on. Do not hang on to grudges or bring a controversial matter again after you've buried the hatchet.
Please give your partner space. If your partner needs to be left alone for a while, you must respect that.
Never speak ill about your partner's family. If your partner is frustrated with his/her parents, just lend a patient ear. Do not add comments that show his/her parents in bad light.
Your partner can be a great companion. Empathy and communication are very essential for a happy marriage.
Sir, My wife is affected by depression aged about 54. Refusing to attend a hospital/psychiatrist for treatment/consultancy. It is very difficult to manage her daily. Please give the solution.
Paranoid personality disorder (PPD) is a mental disorder which makes you feel fearful, nervous and suspicious about people or situations around. This disease usually starts to show its signs from early adulthood and is more common in men than women. People suffering from this disorder are unable to maintain close and long lasting relationships with people as they have the habit of blaming and not trusting other people. The most common symptoms of this disorder are:
- Doubting the loyalty of others
- Fear of revealing their own personal information
- A tendency of holding long lasting grudges
- Inability to handle criticisms
- Abrupt instances of anger and instant reaction
- Showing traits of coldness in a relationship
- Having a feeling of always being right
- Having problems in relaxing
- Being stubborn, argumentative and hostile
- Causes: The exact cause behind PDD is still unknown, but according to some medical researchers it happens due to a combination of biological and psychological conditions. Additionally, bad emotional experiences during childhood and having gone through a physical or mental trauma also leads to the development of the disease.
- Diagnosis: This condition cannot be diagnosed at home and is usually diagnosed by a specialist. The first step taken by a doctor in order to diagnose the disorder is an examination of the medical and psychiatric history of the person. Additionally, if the health records of a person do not indicate anything, then the doctors usually go for some expert opinions by a psychiatrist.
- Treatment: Most of the people suffering from this disease are not even aware about it, until someone brings it to their notice. Doctors usually believe that psychotherapy, which is a form of counseling, is the best way to treat PDD.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!