Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep BhinyadrdiveYour feedback matters!
Can high bp, thyroid and urinary tract infection person take Zincovit multi vitamin tablet. Thanks (age 75 yrs)
Recent research work reported that eggshell calcium has a positive effect on bone mineral density. Laboratory tests were made to measure the bone density of a group those who took eggshell calcium than others those who do not.
The ideal bone-building combination of eggshell calcium and vitamin D3 was also well documented in different studies. Researchers at the Japan Women’s University, Tokyo studied a combination of vitamin D3 and eggshell powder in animals with osteoporosis. Not only was the eggshell powder with vitamin D3 able to improve bone mineral density, but it did it without significantly increasing blood calcium levels.
Calcium is the most abundant mineral in our body. While most of our calcium resides in our bones and teeth, it’s also important for muscle contraction, nerve health, enzyme activity and cell formation.
Human body requires ample, daily amounts of calcium for its proper function. If it is not supplied the system will pull excess stores from our teeth and bones which may result in weakening the strength of bones and teeth. Take plenty of calcium especially if you are pregnant or nursing mother.
What is the required dosage?
Most people require a minimum of 400 mgs per day of calcium, in addition to calcium from other food sources, so you would take 1/2 teaspoon of the powder per day. Also take 400 mgs of magnesium citrate at the same time. Calcium and magnesium need to be taken in at least equal amounts, and some people require more magnesium than calcium depending upon how much they obtain from their diet.
One whole medium sized eggshell makes about one teaspoon of powder, which yields about 750 – 800 mgs of elemental calcium plus other microelements, i.e. magnesium, boron, copper, iron, manganese, molybdenum, sulphur, silicon, zinc, etc. There are 27 elements in total. The composition of an eggshell is very similar to that of our bones and teeth.
It is best to take calcium and magnesium with foods to help absorb them.
How to make powdered Eggshells
Wash empty eggshells without removing the white membrane which contains nutrients for joints to fight arthritis, in warm water until all of the egg white is removed. Dry the shells thoroughly.
Break the eggshells, and grind them to into a fine powder in a food processor, blender or coffee grinder. Store it in a covered glass jar or container. Keep it in a dry place, like the kitchen cupboard.
How to take eggshell calcium
Put 1/2 teaspoon of powdered eggshell into a small dish (approximately 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 inches across) 1/2 teaspoon equals approximately 400 mgs of elemental calcium.
Add the juice of 1/2 a lemon (freshly squeezed), and mix well it will start to bubble and foam, which is what is supposed to happen.
Leave it at room temperature for 6 hours the longer you leave it the less gritty it will be, but do not leave it longer than 12 hours.
It can be taken by the spoonfuls, followed by mouthfuls of water to wash it down. It is not sour tasting. In fact the taste is quite pleasant.
Also take 400 mgs of magnesium citrate at the same time.
Take no more than one teaspoon per day initially because it can be very powerful. Start slowly. The amount may be gradually increased over time.
Different uses of eggshells
1) Give your hens and pets a calcium boost: Eggshells contain 95% calcium, and hens need calcium to lay eggs that have those strong shells. There is nothing unhealthy about feeding your hens and pets with eggshells. Adding pulverized eggshells to their food provides extra calcium for bone health.
2) Give yourself a calcium boost: Consuming calcium from eggshells can help you, too. A clinical research has revealed that eggshell consumption helped stop bone loss in postmenopausal women.
While you can consume pulverized eggshells for added calcium, remember that calcium amounts greatly in shells, so there is no way to tell exactly how much calcium you are getting. Be sure you bake the shells before consuming to prevent ingesting any bacteria if you haven’t washed the shell before eating the egg.
3) Incorporate them into your soil: It’s a great practice to add ground eggshells into your garden soil. But realize that it takes awhile for those shells to break down enough for the calcium to be available to your plants. In fact, eggshells can take many years to decompose fully and it will take several years to see the benefits of those eggshell additions to soil.
4) Keep garden critters at bay: Slugs are slippery little devils, and they dislike the chalky sharpness of ground eggshells. Cutworms don’t like it, either. Sprinkle the eggshell around plants like tomatoes, peppers, broccoli, and cabbage to keep their stems safe and destructive critters away. Make sure you cover the surface of the soil around the entire stem.
5) Clean your pots and pans: Yes, you can grind your eggshells into a powder and use it as an abrasive. But, it being an abrasive and all, it will scratch! I’ve used this for especially stubborn spots on cast iron pans or stainless steel (on the insides). Don’t use this on any surface that you want to see a scratch on.
6) Make your coffee sweeter: Adding crushed eggshells to your coffee grounds helps to lessen the acidity of your coffee. Then you can toss the used grounds and eggshells in your compost bin. Better yet, toss them both into your garden soil! The eggshells have the calcium, but the coffee grounds provide the nitrogen.
My health is so weak I want to have healthy and I want to having weight. My digestive problem not well, please help m feeling not better.
My husband more sex from me which I am unable to give him. Because I feel burning sensation in my vagina. When my husband asks me for the second time intercourse I am scared of that. Due to which he is annoyed of me most of the time. What should I do to have a comfortable and fully satisfied sex with my husband to make him happy.
Thinning of hair is a common problem among many and the desire to reverse hair loss is normal, but there is so much information about hair fall that it sometimes becomes difficult to fish out the credible ones. Here are some most common hair thinning myths that you need to know.
Myth#1 Brushing causes hair fall
This is one of the most common myths regarding hair loss. The moment people notice that their hair is thinning, they tend to reduce their number of hair washes and combing. This actually does not help with the issue at all and it also exaggerates the thinning because once a week wash will lead to 500 to 600 fallen strands. Regular hair wash will cause less hair fall each time and it is also healthy to keep your scalp clean to promote growth.
Myth#2 Color treatment causes hair fall
Any kind of treatment is fine as long as it does not hurt. Pain indicates that the follicles have been damaged. Hair extensions are likely to cause permanent damage because they pull on the hair, which might break the barrier that protects the follicles from bacteria. This can lead to dead follicles or alteration in the texture of the hair.
Myth#3 A lot of hair in your bathroom means your hair is thinning
It does not necessarily mean you will be experiencing thinning of hair anytime soon. Sudden hair fall may be caused due to lots of reasons, one of them being a vitamin deficiency. Consider visiting a healthcare professional to determine the cause and pursue a suitable treatment and that should lead your growth cycle right on track.
Myth#4 It all depends on your maternal grandfather's hair density
Gene does play an important role in how your hair sustains but it depends on either side of the family. Your larger family may have beautiful voluminous hair and still you might suffer from hair loss. In general, it has been noticed that if the family does not have hair problems, one is less likely to incur them.
Related Tip: What is the Most Effective Hair Regrowth Treatment?