Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sanat PimpalkhareYour feedback matters!
During periods my stomach use to pain and I used to take meftal spas and I get relief by this medicine .but I visited to gyno to overcome for this problem forever becz in every period my stomach use to pain .doc has given me 2 medicine drotin D's and Yasmin 21 pills. Now I am totally confuse whether I should take Yasmin 21 pills or not .plz suggest.
Also known as tubal sterilization, tubectomy is a permanent method of contraception in women. It is a surgical procedure in which a portion of the fallopian tube is blocked to prevent the egg that is released from the ovaries, from reaching the uterus. In case an egg is present in the uterus, it carries with it the risk of fertilization thus, can lead to pregnancy. Sometimes the patient may change her decision and ask for a reversal of the process.
However, it should also be kept in mind that the surgery is a complex one. The results are often not guaranteed.
- Tubectomy refers to cutting or blocking a small portion of the fallopian tubes that prevent the released eggs from reaching the uterus.
- The surgeon reaches to the fallopian tubes by cutting open a portion of the abdomen in case of an open surgery.
- Laparoscopic techniques are also available to conduct the surgery.
- The fallopian tubes are blocked by an artificial clip to prevent the passage of eggs.
Are there any risk factors involved?
- Tubectomy may create a number of health complications in the long run.
- Tubectomy is not advised for patients who have previously undergone abdominal surgeries.
- Major risks of injury such as perforation surrounding blood vessels, internal haemorrhage or a severely life-threatening situation such as ectopic pregnancy may occur later on. Ectopic pregnancy is when fertilization and implantation occur within the fallopian tube instead of the uterus.
- Tubectomy is even more challenging than vasectomy and has higher chance of giving rise to health complications.
Although the procedure is complex, it has a few advantages as well. Minimally-invasive surgeries help in quicker recoveries. It is almost 99% effective as a measure of birth control and thus provides a permanent solution. This surgery can even be done immediately after delivery. Sometimes, in rural areas, family welfare departments, government hospitals and primary health care centres offer free surgery and care to aid and educate about family planning.
Hi. We are married for 5 years but we dont have children. My hsg reports, follicular study are normal my husband have no mustache but he takes testosterone injections once in every three months. He has very low luteinizing hormone (<0.1) we have taken treatment for more than three years. Please suggest advice.
Request you to advise on the blood test required to detect polycystic ovary syndrome and recommend treatment for the same.
Hi. I have an issue with intercourse. My sperm comes out after I ejaculate inside my wife vagina. We got married 5 months back and she is yet to get pregnant. We are desperately trying for a baby.
I am 22 year old boy. Several times in the night I have various dreams and in the dreams my semen comes out. So suggest me what to do you and if there is any medicine please tell me.
To keep our body functioning, we need different types of nutrients from our diet. These nutrients are mainly classified into two types: 1. Macro nutrients 2. Micronutrients
Macronutrients are the nutrients which are required in large amounts and micro nutrients are required in smaller quantities.
1. Carbohydrates: Carbohydrates are the main source of energy in our body. Starch, fructose, glucose etc are examples of different carbohydrates. The sources of carbohydrates are grains, bread, fruits, and starchy vegetables.
2. Proteins: Proteins, also known as body building blocks, are essential for repair and maintenance different tissues like bones and muscles. Pulses, meat and eggs are the sources of proteins.
3. Fats: Fats are of two types, saturated and unsaturated. Saturated fats are synthesized in our body thus we need not to obtain it from external sources. Excess intake of saturated fats result in many health problems like high BP, high cholesterol, heart problems, obesity etc. Unsaturated fats, also called essential fats, are not produced in body and thus have to be included in our diet. Unsaturated fats are available in plant sources and some types of fishes.
4. Water: Our body is about 70% of water. We need water for different functions like metabolism, transportation etc.
1. Vitamins: Vitamins are vital amino acids. They are of two types: Fat soluble and water soluble. Fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E, and K) can be stored in the body with the fat reserves. Water soluble vitamins (B complex and C) are lost easily with the body fluids and must be replenished on regular basis.
2. Minerals: They are the essential chemicals required in very small quantities for very vital body functions. They assist in our body’s metabolic system. Calcium, potassium, iron, zinc etc are the examples of minerals which can be obtained from different food and supplements.
3. Fibers: Fibers are indigestible nutrients present in mainly plant based food. Fiber rich diet prevents constipation and improves bowel movements. It also helps in reducing bad cholesterol and diabetes.
Fruits and vegetables are sources of micronutrients.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I had sex with my partner 25 days ago however I got my periods but it only lasted 2-3 days im not sure whether it was period or pregnancy bleeding ao for assurance I checked with apollo home pregnancy kit it showed negative should I be sure that I am not pregnant?
Hello doc I have taken I pill n now it is more than 10 days to my period date I still do not get periods I tested for pregnancy bt it is negative what should I do, is it harmful I am worried my stomach is also increasing n getting hard I am felling some sort of problems related to s stomach as well.
When it comes to storing foods, we all think that the cooler the temperature it is stored at, longer will be the shelf life. However, what most of us fail to realize is that not all foods need to be stored in a freezer. It can do more harm than good. Read on to know more about foods that just should not be placed in the freezer.
- Potatoes: Given their high water content, storing in a freezer can make them fluffy, bloated and bland, especially if they are put in a freezer after baking. The texture of the potato in the dishes after freezing can also be change.
- Milk: While it is common to stash it away in the fridge, remember not to put it in the freezer. When you thaw it, the milk can separate into pieces (curdling) and not be useful to add in your cereal or for your tea. It is best kept outside in the regular cooling area.
- Eggs: While eggs can be stored in the fridge, there is no need to put the eggs with the shells in the freezer. The water inside can act up and cause the shell to break, leading to attack from bacteria. The eggs could also crack leaving a mess in the freezer. Remove eggs out of the shell, beat up nicely, and store in an airtight container if at all required (learn more about Having Eggs for Breakfast During SUMMERs).
- Milk products: Similar to milk, yoghurt, sour cream and cheese are also best left out of the freezer. The water content will expand and spoil them, leaving behind unhealthy and non-tasty yoghurt or cheese.
- Fried Foods: Be it French fries or mozzarella sticks, leaving them in the freezer can leave them soft and doughy. These are best left out of the freezer in order to retain their crunchy crispiness.
- Water-rich fruits and vegetables: While the fridge helps in keeping the vegetables and fruits fresh, the freezer does not. With water-rich food substances especially cucumber, lettuce and water melon, the water inside can form ice crystals. When removed from the freezer, during thawing, the water oozes out leaving a non-appealing pile of the fruit/vegetable.
- Re-using food items: Be it fruits or vegetables or meat, once thawed to normal temperature, it is best to avoid putting them back in the freezer. Once thawed, they draw a lot more bacteria and germs and are more harmful than the frozen foods. Remove only what is essential for use, thaw it and leave the rest to remain in the freezer.
- Salad greens: Frozen salad greens like spinach and lettuce can lose their crispiness, becoming limp and soft. To retain their freshness, stash them wrapped in a paper bag in the fridge.
Be careful of what you put in the freezer the next time and enjoy a healthy and hearty meal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
My friend have size of cysts of about 1.5 cm and doctors said that its normal size is in mm. How dangerous is that? And also have swelling with that in stomach and its too much increased that if it increases more than her uterus has to be removed. Whats the solution of all these problems?
Hello am 25 years old and my husband is 30 years old. My blood group is A-ve and my husband's is A+ve. Does that affect in any way as we are planning to have a baby. If there then what is the solution for that.
Sweets are cause of acute dental pain in many people who have existing dental problem. This pain may subside by itself or may prolong giving excessive discomfort.
Tip is for those who have had this type of pain previously,
Please keep distance from sweets or too hot n cold substances to celebrate the festival n get the teeth treated at the earliest.
Eat dentally healthy non sticky food n have safe diwali.