Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SamneshYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am a married male aged 35 years. I have been treated with mouth cancer 2 years back with surgery and radiotherapy with concurrent chemotherapy. Last cycle was in August 2014. I have a problem now in which when my penis get erected then the skin gathers just below the top of my penis, like a ring of skin. Because of this I feel pain while having sex with my wife during inserting my penis into the vagina. I have observed this issue only for last 1 year or so. Can you please help me to know what is the problem and how can it be treated?
Is it possible to have esophageal cancer without GERD or Barrett's esophagus? How long does normal esophagus turn to GERD to Barrett's esophagus to cancer?
Hi all doctors Is there any infection can effect prostrate and semen vesicles? If there's an infection is it series issue ?Please tell.
My wife delivered a baby 2 months ago. She is getting a lump in her left breast, can you please provide a solution on treating this?
Hiii last nyt I had sex with my boyfriend he just bite on my breast very hardly. And now its paining very hard and my nipples hav been turned black. So tell me what to do. And what should I apply.
What is the symptoms of mouth cancer. My uncle was chewing tobacco from a very long time they left it just before a year ago but there is little white ulcer in there mouth which happen to them regularly. From past few months.
I am a 63 year old male detected with prostate problem - ct3anomo, ipsa -18-19, biopsy report/gleason score - 6. Question - what course of treatment - surgery, radiation and/or hormone therapy to accept so as to ensure least chances of incontinence and impotence.
Cervix is the tissue that connects the vagina and the uterus and is an important part of female reproductive system. Cervical cancer like any other form of cancer refers to an abnormal growth of cells on the cervix, one that if undetected at the initial stages, can involve tremendous complications which are often fatal. It is one of the most common ailments that women suffer from, making it only more important to be taken seriously and treated immediately.
Some of the visible symptoms of this ailment are:
- Abnormal bleeding from the vagina: Though menstruation is a natural occurrence in a woman's life, often times you can suffer from abnormal bleeding from the vagina, which may precede, succeed or occur between periods. Such abnormal bleeding is symptomatic of cervical cancer and you must visit a doctor immediately.
- Pain in the abdomen: In case you are suffering from cervical cancer, clear signals will be given by your body indicating that. One such signal is a nagging pain in the abdomen or in the pelvis. Though it may appear harmless, you must not treat it lightly and consult a doctor as soon as possible.
- Excruciating pain during periods: Experiencing pain during periods is a matter of such compliance that it seldom raises any concern. However, in certain cases the pain may be more than what you generally experience. In such a situation, it must not be dismissed entirely rather must be consulted with a doctor.
The most common test is used to diagnose cervical cancer is known as a pap test. In this particular examination, a sample of cells from your cervix will be taken by the doctor for examination. If the inference is reliant on the normal or the abnormal growth of these cells, the latter confirming the onset of the ailment.
In spite of being an extremely lethal ailment, over the years various treatments have evolved that successfully deal with this problem. Some of them are:
- Surgery: One of the effective and oft availed of treatment to treat cervical cancer is a surgery. Depending on the stage on which the disease is detected, doctors may suggest for a hysterectomy or removing the pelvic lymph nodes.
- Chemotherapy: This has emerged as the most sought after way of treating any form of cancer. The abnormal growth of cells that triggers cancer in the first place is deterred in this method by administering drugs to kill destroy them.
Doctor, I am having problem of urination. It takes some effort to urinate and urination flow is slow. So I went to doctor. He gave me dutasteride+tamsulosin medicine regarding prostate. My prostate volume is 27.10 cc. I have been taking medicine only 1 in 1 day from past 12 days. But still my problem is same. Please tell me in how many days the effect will show by these medicines? I am stress.
Cancer is the most dangerous and harmful disease of the world, which has various reasons to affect the body in any stage of life. This is also the good thing to know that there are a lot of treatments available in the medicine arena which can completely or partially treat cancer. But the individual and the family members of them need to be confident enough with the treatment and expertise of the doctor. Blood Cancer is a life taking disease and the treatment for it is must. The medicines should be start recovery from any age of the sufferer and stage of the disease. The treatment will have some side effects and fast to react to symptoms and should be affordable as well.
As said before that the symptoms of different types of the cancer vary but some general symptoms are there which are found in most of the cancer patients.
- Sudden weight loss
- Sudden changes in skin
- Unusual bleeding
Haematology is less known, but a very important branch of medical science. This branch is concerned with the study of blood, blood diseases and the blood-forming organs as well. Treatment based on the Haematology for blood cancer can be quite successful as compared to general remedies. The modern Haematology made cancer easy to cure, comfortable and side effect less. This cost effective method of cancer cure give relief in lesser time and assures the improved quality of life as well. That is the reason that people around the world trust on treatment based upon Haematology because the treatment has all the basic qualities that made it the best cure for cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a hematologist.
Cancer is the scourge of modern era with increasing cases being reported by a significant percentage of the population with the passage of time. With the ever increasing incidences, the number of patients being treated with chemotherapy is also on the rise. This treatment however, does come with its own disadvantages and although it may be effective in curing cancer, its side effects may render a patient incapable of leading a normal life for the duration of the treatment.
What exactly is Chemotherapy?
Chemotherapy is a process by which cancer cells in the body are destroyed with the use of chemical drugs. Although it is an effective form of treatment, it has many side effects as it can affect good cells as well. This is one of the main reasons hair cells may die out temporarily and a person undergoing chemotherapy may lose hair.
Sex and chemotherapy
Although sessions of chemotherapy can damage a person's libido it may be possible to have sex keeping certain precautions in mind. Here are certain possibilities and problems associated with sex while undergoing chemotherapy.
1. It is possible to have sex while undergoing chemotherapy, if the concerned doctor says that it won't harm the patient in any way.
2. If your doctor says you can have sex then you are in the clear, but it is very important to gauge the situation yourself along with your doctor and go ahead only if chemotherapy is successful.
1. The main problem is that the patient may not have the energy or the desire to have sex as chemotherapy can be taxing on the body. However, if you want to and the doctor says it won't cause problems, you can go ahead with it.
2. Usually doctors ask patients to abstain from sex if the cancer being treated is within the genitalia. Friction during sex may cause issues within the organs and only, if proper healing has occurred should the patients consider sex.
3. Certain types of chemotherapy may change the lining of the vaginal walls and thus make them more prone to injury during vaginal sex and thus should be abstained from. Also with chemotherapy, the white blood cell count tends to be reduced within the body and this may leave it vulnerable to bacterial infections which may come from the partner during sex.
Moreover, It is advisable not to conceive while receiving chemotherapy, whether the cancer is with the man and most definitely when it is with the woman. Chemotherapy may cause acute imbalances within the body and may seriously affect the development of the baby and especially the mother, if she has cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Hello doctor, what r the symptoms in Cancer, and how to come in our body? Then which is the best treatment?
Renal cancer is also known as hypernephroma, renal cell carcinoma (RCC), kidney cancer or renal adenocarcinoma. The kidneys are organs in your body that dispose off waste, while additionally regulating fluid balance. There are small tubes in the kidneys called tubules. These filter the blood, help in discharging waste, and make urine. RCC happens when cancer cells start to grow out of control in the lining of the tubules of the kidney. Renal cancer is a progressive disease that spreads to the lungs and the organs around it.
Medical experts do not know the exact cause behind renal cancer. It is most commonly found in men between the ages of 50 and 70. There are some risk factors and signs that indicate one’s possibility of having renal cancer and these are as follows:
- Family history of renal cancer
- Dialysis treatment
- Hypertension or high blood pressure
- Smoking cigarettes
- Polycystic kidney disease (a condition that causes cyst formation in the kidneys)
At a point when renal cancer is in its initial stages, patients might not see any symptoms. The symptoms are mainly seen in the later stages. Some of the most common symptoms are as follows:
- Blood in urine: Blood in urine is called hematuria. As indicated by the Renal Cancer Association, hematuria is the most widely recognized indication of kidney cancer. In case you have blood in your urine, you may see pink, rust or even a red staining.
- Lower back pain: The vast majority does not encounter pain until cancer is in later stages. Pain from renal cancer is felt on one side of the flank, the region over the pelvis, and beneath the ribs in the abdomen. This pain can go from a dull yearn to a sharp wound, frequently leaving the area blue. In case you have any sudden pain that continues for more than a couple of days, you need to see a specialist.
- A mass or lump: A mass or protuberance in the abdomen can be an indication of renal cancer. Kidney knots might be hard to feel since they are somewhere down in the abdomen. Once a bump is found, your specialist may arrange symptomatic tests such as an ultrasound or a CT scan. These tests may diagnose what your knot might be.
- Iron deficiency and fatigue: Weakness and a fall in your iron levels are the most common symptoms of any type of cancer. Cancer exhaustion is not quite the same as simply feeling tired.
- Weight reduction, loss of appetite and fever: Another normal side effect of cancer is sudden and startling weight reduction. This happens quickly without any excessive workouts or dieting. A person diagnosed with cancer can also face a loss of appetite. In fact, even their most loved food items can get to be unappealing. Frequent fever is yet another common symptoms among most cancer patients.
In case your specialist suspects that you may have renal cancer, they will take some information about your and family’s medical history. They will then do a physical exam. Discoveries that can show renal cancer include swelling or irregularities in the stomach area. In case of men, augmented veins in the scrotal sac (varicocele) may be found. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Nephrologist.