Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Samnesh
Submit a review for Dr. SamneshYour feedback matters!
I am 27 now I want to ask that some time I have pain in my left brest due to a small nods inside it what should I do?
I had mild pain in my jaws, pain in one ear and soar throat for a fortnight. Now it is getting reduced. I smokes two to three cigarettes a day and afraid of oral cancer. Do I have to wait for few more days or to consult a doctor immediately.
Please suggest. When you get older beyond 60, and you have the habit of exerting pressure while passing motion whether this would increase chances of rectum cancer or colon cancer?
Ovarian cancer tends to occur in the cells of an ovary. The ovaries are the two glands which are responsible for female reproduction. They produce ova or eggs and also create the female hormones oestrogen and progesterone. Ovarian cancer begins when abnormal cells in the ovary start to multiply rapidly and grow out of control to form a tumour.
Generally, it was believed that ovarian cancer does not deliver any specific side effects until the tumour has spread to a later stage and early indications of ovarian cancer were not recognizable.
Nonetheless, in some of the cases, ovarian cancer may bring about early indications. The most widely recognized symptoms of ovarian cancer are as follows:
- Constant bloating
- Ache in your gut or pelvis
- Inconvenience eating
- Feeling full instantly
- Urinary issues, for example, an urgent need to urinate or urinating more frequently than expected
In case that you have at least one of these side effects and it happens every day for more than two or three weeks, try to see a doctor or a specialist.
These symptoms are basic for a few women. They may not imply that you have ovarian cancer. It is very important for women to understand that these symptoms do not necessarily imply that they have ovarian cancer. The same number of other common and harmless conditions can bring about the same indications. Additionally, different reasons for these symptoms are significantly more common than ovarian cancer. These may include irritable bowel syndrome and urinary tract infections (UTIs). In any case, the early indications of ovarian cancer tend to follow a pattern, which is as follows:
They begin abruptly.
They do not feel the same as your typical stomach-related or menstrual issues.
They happen almost consistently and do not leave.
Different signs and symptoms that affect a few women with ovarian cancer include the following:
However, these side effects are also common in a few women who do not have ovarian cancer. Most of the ovarian cancer cases are diagnosed at a later stage after the tumours have spread. Fortunately, around 20% of women are diagnosed early, when the infection might be generally treatable. There is no complete screening test for early ovarian cancer. General pelvic examinations now and then, followed by ultrasound examinations or blood tests for cancer-related markers, have been routinely used for ovarian cancer screening. However, none of these tests are particularly effective when it comes to identifying ovarian cancer.
In case some of these symptoms start to manifest in your body, one should go for a general check-up. This is so because cancers are usually diagnosed at later stages where treatment is very difficult. Hence, the sooner one knows, the better it is.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My wife age is 21 years and she is going to 5 months of her pregnancy. We got marriage in 30 May 2015.she told that there is some swelling on her left breast and one lumps is there, and some redness there. When she touch it, she feel little pain. Is there any problem. Please suggest doctor.
He is suffering from skin cancer. He under gone surgery. But it was coming again and again the bubble. What is the best medicine to cure from home.
Lung cancer is the cancer killer of both men and women in the U.S. When you think of risk factors for lung cancer, what comes to mind? Most of us think about the risk associated with smoking cigarettes, but did you know that air pollution can also cause lung cancer? Overwhelming evidence shows that particle pollution in the outdoor air we breathe—like that coming from vehicle exhaust, coal-fired power plants and other industrial sources - can cause lung cancer. Particle pollution increases the risk of dying early, heart disease and asthma attacks, and it can also interfere with the growth and function of the lungs.
What is Particle Pollution?
Particle pollution is a mix of tiny solid and liquid particles in the air and can be made up of a number of components, such as acids, organic chemicals, metals, soil and dust particles. It can be emitted directly from wood stoves, forest fires, vehicles and other sources, and it can also form from other types of pollution that come from sources like power plants.
Why does particle pollution harm our bodies?
While breathing in larger sizes of particle pollution can be harmful to our health, smaller particles are more dangerous. Bigger particles can irritate your eyes, nose and throat, but our natural defenses help us to cough or sneeze them out of our bodies. Unfortunately, those defenses don't keep out smaller particles, which get trapped deep in the lungs and can even get into the bloodstream, causing damage to our health.
Who is most at risk?
As for who is at risk for health problems from breathing in particle pollution. Those who live where particle pollution levels are high is at risk. Some people face higher risk, including children, the elderly, people with lung and heart disease and diabetes, people with low incomes, and people who work or exercise outdoors.
How do we protect ourselves from particle pollution?
Check the air quality index forecast for the day and limit your activity if pollution levels are high. Avoid exercising along heavily traveled highways regardless of the overall forecast.
As individuals, we can play our part in reducing air pollution levels by trying to avoid creating more of it. Choosing ‘active travel’ options where possible, like walking and cycling, can help reduce pollution levels from transport and is also a great way to be more active, which is linked to a reduced risk of cancer and other diseases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a oncologist and ask a free question.
A mammogram is an imaging test where an X-ray is taken to recreate the internal imagery of your breasts. This is a screening test that is widely used to find the earliest signs of cancer. There have been instances where the early signs of cancer have been found up to three years before the actual development of the same. There are a number of benefits and risks in this screening method. So let us find out more about getting a mammogram, and whether or not you should get one.
- Procedure: A special X-ray machine is used for conducting a mammogram. There is a clear plastic plate on which the specialist will place the breast while another plate will press on the breast from above. While both the plates serve to flatten the breast and hold it still, the X-ray will be taken. Some pressure will be felt and the same steps will be repeated so as to get the side view of the breasts. The same procedure will be repeated for the other breast. Meanwhile, once it is done, you will need to wait so that the technician can check for clarity, and whether or not the procedure needs to be done again. The results of this procedure cannot be relayed by the technician, and all the images will be different because all breasts are slightly different from each other.
- Preparation: You will need to remember that the process can be a slightly painful one, especially once the pressure gets applied. Many women complain of discomfort and pain. Yet, this discomfort gets over before you know it. The pressure and pain will depend on the size of your breasts and how much they will have to be pressed in order to get a picture. The skill of the technician will also come into play here. One must remember not to get this procedure done a week or so before or after the menstrual cycle, as the breasts tend to be tender around this time, and the pain will be much more.
- Radiologist: Within a few weeks after the procedure, the radiologist will usually deliver the result. This is the professional who does an accurate reading of the X-ray.
- Normal and Abnormal Readings: If your mammogram result has a normal reading, then you can resort to getting one done every once in a while. But an abnormal reading will require further X-ray and tests so as to be able to tell for sure.
- Why should I get one: If you are over 40 and have a family history of such ailments, then you will have to get a mammogram done regularly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.