Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Samina ShaikhYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am 23 yr old male and I have dengue fever in 2011, I admit in 3 days in hospital. After one year I have malaria fever, then I take full course for fever, after 14-15 days, I have started cold, cough and sneezing In every day. Sneeze is very long time 2-3 minutes. In one time. In a days 10-15 time sneeze. this problem is every last 3-4 yr. Before two month I have pain in chest. I meet doctor, he test X-RAY and some blood test, sonography. But he say not serious problem and allergy for winter. He give some medicine but I not well. I am student and I have very problem when cough and sneeze come with water type in nose.
I am 37 yrs old. My weight 92 kg. I am working for bpo & have lower back pain. How can back pain is related to weight of body?
Am 39 year old female. My hair has become thin. Bt I had a thick lock of long hair. How to make it thicker with les hair fal.
Hai sir/madam I 19years old. Recently I joined gym for strength my body. My coach was telling that 30% of workout, 70% of diet is that truth to build body. Is that truth doctor please kindly send me the 70% of diet plan.
I am 22 years old due to dis hot climate ma skin quality s vey dull n dark gv me some solution for ma question plzzzzzzz.
I am 44 yrs male suffering from dibetics, cholesterol and high bp. Now taking medicines as follows 1. Dianorm total 60 1. 5 - 0 - 1 2. Eritel 40 1 - 0 -0 3. Rosavel a 0 - 0 - 1 for the last 9 yrs I have been taking these medicines. Prescribe me best medicines having no side effects.
I have back pain for over 10 days. What should I do? I can not understand any thing about that. Please help me.
Hi doctor, I have peeling skin on penis a kind of white peel. This is since last 2 days. I am not sure how i can get this off. I wash it and dry but the next day it is back. Sometomes it is itchy. But when urinating there is no burning or pain. I had fever and cold just before this happened. Doctor suggested me amoxylin, zerodol and montlus which she said would be high dose. Is this due to that reason. Please let me know what i should i do to get rod off this white peeling. Thanks.
I m late on my periods 18 days. I have already consulted with a doctor. She told me to have medicine untill I get periods. And I have less of blood. My periods are irregular also. Does that mean I m having pcos? I have gained weight also. Please help I m confuse.?
I have an irregular period I had my period last on the 24th April and ended on the 29th April in the 19th may I try to have sex there was no penetration he released under my butt and getting to the time of my period I had just download a period tracker right before my period last on the 24th April and in the tracker am supposed to have my period on the 22th may 2016 I bought a pregnancy test done on the same day I was to have my period which was on the 22th may and it says negative then I had one done on the 25th may that too says negative and again had one done on the 27th may that too negative I don't feel tired or any other symptoms of pregnancy now today is 28 and it still have not appear don't no what to do help pls.
I have PCOD problem because of this i am not losing weight,so what will be medicine and precaution for me
Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disorder that results in higher levels of blood sugars in the body. It is assuming epidemic proportions, and India has become the new diabetic capital with more than 50 million diabetic people. The main problem with diabetes is it does not completely go away, and there is a whole myriad of issues that it brings along with it. Heart attacks, strokes, eyesight problems, delayed wound healing, nerve damage and impotence. Therefore, diabetes and by that we mainly mean blood sugar levels have to be managed so that there is delay in onset of the associated conditions and/or reduced in severity.
Ayurveda refers to diabetes as Prameha (excessive urination) and Madhumeha (sugary urine) and has identified close to 20 forms of the disease. According to Ayurvedic belief, each disease is caused due to imbalance in kapha, pitta, and vata doshas and diabetes is caused by all these, predominantly by kapha. With any stream of medicine, management of diabetes involves two tracks - one is lifestyle changes and the second is medications.
Lifestyle changes include the following:
- Diet: Reduce the amount of rice, sugar, potato, sweet fruits, maida, deep fried foods, and red meat. Protein-rich foods like lentils, soya, green leafy vegetables and fish should be increased. Diet plan should change to small, frequent meals instead of binge eating.
- Exercise: Include 30 minutes of regular exercise into your daily routine if you have a diabetic predisposition.
- Others: Avoid smoking and alcohol, ensure sufficient sleep, avoid sleeping during day time, improved foot and eye care, periodically check sugar levels, and manage stress levels.
Ayurveda has a whole lot of home remedies proven to be very effective against diabetes.
- Jambhul: Eugenia Jambolana whether eaten raw or juice extract has been shown to have beneficial effects in managing sugar levels and cholesterol.
- Gymnema sylvestre: Used to manage diabetes for over 2000 years, it reduces sugar cravings and is being touted as the future for diabetes treatment.
- Bitter gourd (Momordica charantia): It has 3 components that give it strong antidiabetic properties. The charantin reduces blood sugar levels; the polypeptide has insulin-like effects; and lectin that again has hypoglycemic effects.
- Bel (Aegle marmelos): Also known as wood apple, leaves of the plant are shown to have antidiabetic properties. 5 to 10 leaves can be chewed on a daily basis to help control blood sugar levels.
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum): Consuming 10 g of fenugreek seeds soaked in water increases the amount of insulin produced, thereby increasing sugar breakdown.
- Neem: Chewing about 4 to 5 leaves in the morning on an empty stomach helps to control blood sugar levels. Alternately, neem leaves powder is available which can be dissolved in water and consumed.