Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sameer Pagad
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sameer PagadYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am 24 years male. My forehead skin and skin below the lips is getting black and also there is a kind of black ring around my nose. My skin is not so fair but I want my natural skin back. I want even skin color on all my face. Can you suggest any remedy?
I have evacuation at night from last 5 year. In past I urinate less but now I urinate more but still it remained. And also I getting blood in my stool with burning sensation and intestine pain little. Tell both answer.
My 6 year old daughter is having to much white flakes on her scalp, she keeps on itching on head and there is no lice also, so I don't understand whether it is dandruff or anything else, it comes and collect on her eyelashes and creates dryness. Suggest any good baby shampoo also.
The enlarged oil gland openings on your skin are called open pores. They are concentrated primarily on the T-zone (the forehead, nose and chin) and cheeks. Open Pores is a common problem for people who have oily skin. There is no instant fix for open pores. Luckily, you can control them with enough patience and the right remedies.
Here are some remedies you can use to treat open pores:
- Ice: Ice shrinks enlarged pores by tightening the skin. You can also use it to minimize large pores before you apply makeup. Ice also boosts the skin’s heath and stimulates circulation. You can use it on its own (by wrapping a clean washcloth around it) or use an infusion of rose water, green tea, apple juice or cucumber juice.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar can be used as a skin toner and natural astringent. It tightens skin, reduces enlarged pores and restores the skin’s natural chemical balance. It is also anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial in nature, which prevent acne breakouts. Dilute apple cider vinegar in water before applying it to your face with a cotton ball.
- Egg whites: Egg whites shrink large pores by toning and tightening the skin. Make a mask with egg whites and lemon juice to reduce pores and oil on your face.
- Sugar scrub: Sugar scrub is a great exfoliator that not only reduces large pores, but also removes extra impurities and oil. Simply mix lemon juice, sugar and olive oil together and gently massage it on your skin.
- Baking soda: Baking soda has exfoliating properties, and it effectively removes dirt, debris and oil from the skin. Due to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, it can also be used to reduce pimples and acne. Apply a mixture of lukewarm water and baking soda to your face, gently massage it and then rinse with cold water.
- Fuller’s earth/Multani Mitti: Multani mitti is a miraculous natural remedy that has many useful properties. It reduces open pores, absorbs extra oil and exfoliates the skin. Additionally, it also reduces blemishes and scars and benefits skin that is damaged by sun. You can make a paste of multani mitti with water or rose water and apply it to your face. Keep it on your face for 15-20 minutes and then remove it with cold water.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
My face blackheads and black sport on my face which cream I will use and which medicine I will take please tell me remove the blackheads and black sport on my face.
I have had pigmentation issues since long and have done more than 10 sittings of nomelan and yellow peel treatment which worked for short term however problem still persists .will glutathione injections work?
I get wrinkles under my eyes when I smile or laugh. How can I get rid of them. My age is 29 years old.
I have too much body pain and my eyes are getting smaller and dark circles are also increasing. Whats the reason?
I have bite by bed bugs and now I having the black marks there and have itching. What I do please recommend me ointment for removing the marks and itching it's looks terrible.
Menorrhagia refers to very heavy and prolonged menstrual bleeding or periods in women. The bleeding is abnormal in nature, and if this continues for a long time, a hysterectomy surgery needs to be carried out to solve the problem.
Bleeding during the night time and passage of large blood clots during menstruation are other symptoms of Menorrhagia.
The various possible causes of this kind of heavy menstrual bleeding are:
Hormonal imbalance, specifically of estrogen and progesterone is a common cause, which is more likely in adolescents and in women nearing menopause. Dysfunction in the ovaries also causes hormonal imbalance.
Non-cancerous tumors or fibroids may also be responsible for menorrhagia.
Women suffering from a miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy are likely to experience heavy menstrual bleeding.
Using blood thinners may lead to menorrhagia.
An intrauterine device used for birth control measures can cause disturbance and may lead to heavy menstruation.
A condition known as adenomyosis, where the glands in the uterus lining get embedded in the walls of the uterus, also causes menorrhagia.
Pelvic inflammatory diseases, infection in the uterus or fallopian tubes are other common causes.
Heavy bleeding may occur in patients with ovarian or cervical cancer.
Diseases of the kidney, liver or thyroid diseases may also cause menorrhagia.
Several tests and methods are carried out for the diagnosis of menorrhagia. They are:
A general physical examination.
Bleeding diary of the woman.
Blood tests to detect anemia or thyroid.
Pap Smear for the evaluation of cervical inflammation, infections or cancer
Ultrasound for evaluation of pelvic organs like uterus, ovaries and pelvis.
Hysteroscopy, where a camera is inserted into the uterus to observe the linings.
Sonohysterography, where a fluid gets instilled into the uterus along with an ultrasound test.
Certain drugs are used to treat menorrhagia. They include:
Iron supplements for treating anemia.
NSAIDS or non-steroidal anti-inflammatories for treating and reducing blood loss.
Tranexamic acid is used for reducing menstrual bleeding.
Several oral contraceptives are used for regulation of the menstrual cycle. Oral progesterone corrects hormonal imbalance and reduces bleeding.
Surgical procedures for treatment of menorrhagia include:
Hysteroscopy, dilation and curettage, where uterus lining is scraped and evaluated.
Uterine artery embolization treats menorrhagia with fibroids.
Focused ultrasound ablation enables the killing of the fibroid tissue.
Myomectomy, endometrial ablation and endometrial resection are other surgical techniques.
Hysterectomy surgery is the penultimate solution, where the uterus, cervix or ovaries are completely removed.
Menorrhagia is characterized by abnormally heavy menstrual bleeding in women. This is quite unhealthy and proper measures must be taken for curing the heavy bleeding. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.