Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Salil GadkariYour feedback matters!
My eye-sight keeps on increasing in number. Please tell the required remedy. And to reduce the number.
I am 22 years old. And I am suffer for my health. Last for 2 month I am suffering from gastric problem but I eat every day many time. Now from 2 mouth I became thin and thinner. I can not feel my health well or health progress. What can I do now. Please contact me.
My sister gets bleeding from the nose and also from the eyes since one month. With bleeding she also gets giddiness and blurred vision. Please help me.
My question isWhen I drink alcohol, my skin and eyes turn red and starts itching, can you please suggest any medicine.
Hi doctor, I have weak eyes. Its all started when I was 15 years old. I think its heredity because my father also have specs from childhood. I don't like wearing specs so I shift to contact lenses but I can use that also for 8 hrs only after that I have to use specs. I want to become ips officer so I need to have sharp eyes. My eye number is -2.25.i am very young still I have to face problem. I have 4 years only after that I have to give exam for ips officer in this 4 years I have to cure my eyes. I don't want to go for eye operation its expensive for me and after 40 everyone says nearsightedness comes I don't want that. So can you tell me any natural and fast way to cure my eyes only 4 years I have? Thank u.waiting for your reply.
I am gymming since last 5 months and I dosent see much change in my body what should I do and which diet I should follow.
Sir I was suffering from myopia eyes so I am wearing contact lenses for one year. So what was any problem to continuously wearing lenses or any infection happen in future also how can I reduce my myopia eyes number without lens and spectacles.
I have shot tightness and red eye and water flow is it a problem glasses is a solution what is your opinion.
I am 14 years old, I will get white sperm when I make my pennis skin up and down. Is it normal that 14 years boy can produce white sperm?
Hello Doctor I need to know about the Laser treatment for eyes.I've long site with +4.5 and want to stop the usage of glasses or lens. So I need suggestion regarding the treatment for that. So I've heard that laser treatment is better now a days. So will that be any useful or any side effects also possible. Also how much this costs around for treatment.
I am 20 years old. I am suffering with eye problem from last one month. I am using so many tablets and eye drops but the eye irritation was increased a lot. Can you please give me a best suggestion for my problem?
Allergic conjunctivitis is the result of a foreign particle (allergen) coming in contact with the eye. Once this happens, the immune system overreacts resulting into an inflammation of the eye. The eyes sore with pain. The over secretion of the histamine dilates the blood vessels causing the nerve to irritate and blood vessels of the eyes to expand. Some common reasons of allergic conjunctivitis include eye drops, pollen, dust mites, makeup and animal fur. The good news is that allergic conjunctivitis is easily treatable. Here are top five ways to deal with this condition:
- Taking care of the eye: It is advised not to wear contact lenses until the symptoms go away fully. If any medication is used, a person must wait for at least 24 hours before putting on the contact lenses. Sometimes our hands carry major pollens that result in allergic conjunctivitis. It is equally important not to rub the eye without washing both the hands. Many studies have also reported that frequent bathing of the eye with cold water helps to clear the symptoms quickly. Some even say that frequent splash of warm water does the trick.
- Avoid the allergen: Allergen being the villain behind the occurrence of this condition, it is very important to stay away from it. In peak pollen times, it makes sense to close the door. In case a person must go out, it makes sense to wear a sunglass. A pillow made of feathers should be changed every week to stay away from the infection. The number of dust mites at home should be decreased as much as one can.
- Antihistamines: To quickly get rid of allergic conjunctivitis, doctors often prescribe antihistamines. It can be in the form of eye drop or oral presentation. They can successfully counter the effect of histamine which the body produces because of the hyper activity of the immune system. An antihistamine can block the aggressive effect of the immune system in a short time. Some of the commonly prescribed histamines include loratadine, cetirizine, emedastine, and ketotifen. People taking this form of the medicine for the very first time should refrain from carrying heavy load or driving.
- Mast cell Stabilizers: These takes a little longer to act as compared to antihistamines. Their effects, however, are more lasting compared to its peers. Some of the popular mast cell stabilizers include nedocromil and lodoxamide. This medicine belongs to a non-steroid family and can successfully block the chemicals that cause inflammation.
- Corticosteroids: These medicines are only prescribed by doctors when the symptoms of allergic conjunctivitis are serious. They belong to the steroid family of medicine produced synthetically. They can reduce the immune response of the body quickly and reduce the swelling as well. They can have possible side-effects. It is therefore wise, to consult a doctor before using it. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!