Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sachin VazeYour feedback matters!
I am 21 year's old n I am having bald spots on my head since I was 17 years old I been applying minoxidil for 4 years now it only helps with bald spots but my hair's with hair thinning and now my scalp r slowly being visible now and I being consulting derma for 4 years they only have to give me minoxidil with biotin tablets sometimes they give injection on my bald spots and I just read about proprcia online that it stops the dht thing that causes male baldness. I don't know why my doctors nvr prescribed it to me but can I take it? Will it stop my hair thinning also known as Finasteride.
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
My skin is dry, so which sunscreen best for usemy skin, even under AC, I wants to glow on my face. So please suggest me.
I used many type of creams but the dark spots is still remain on my face. Is there any solution to overcome those dark spot?
One big pimple type agglomer appear on place between eye and nose. So is that any reason to appear and any treatment for the same?
I have got dark circles under my eyes. I think they are genetic since my father got them do and so did my grandmother. Can I get rid of them somehow?
I am a 49 years old slim male, weighing 65 kg . I am suffering from frequent urination for some times. I am unable to hold the urge for long and there is some leakage most of the times. I got my routine investigations done on 6.02.15. My Serum glucose readings are 99 and 123 mg/dl for Fasting and PP respectively. While the sonography report states Prostrate to be nomal (25x47x35mm) in size, outline echotexture with noral seminal vesicles and approximate weight as 22gms, the PSA reading is 5.42 ng/ml. Among other, HB, TC, DC, Smear morphology,Liver function tests- all show normal results. Cholesterol, Triglycerides and LDL Cholesterol are at borderline while HDL Cholesterol is are normal. My uric acid level is 7 mg/dl and I have a toffi in my left toe. My BP is normal and am not taking any medicines for anything at the moment. I try to keep my uric acid level withi check by having low protein diet. I also walk a lot on regular basis. My questions are: 1. What should be the medicines and precautions for Prostrate for me? 2. What should I do to bring my cholesterol levels back within normal ranges? 3. Should I start medicines for Uric acid too?
I am having rashes on my whole body and it is increasing day by day. I applied ring guard but it doesnt seems working. So what should I do?
Hello Doctor, I am suffering from fungal skin infection. Please advice me the medicine as well as precautions.
Most women love the idea of having healthy and silky skin that feels smooth to touch. However, due to a certain reasons, some women can have excessive, unwanted hair on their chest, hands and face. The pattern is similar to what is seen in men. This can be a major psychological problem. Read on to know more about some of the common reasons for this and how it can be managed:
Common causes behind it
Hair pattern is largely determined by genetic makeup and hirsutism is often caused by genes, hormones, or medication which is another main cause is the excessive amount of testosterone in women. Conditions like obesity, polycystic ovaries disease, ovarian tumours, adrenal tumours, Cushing’s syndrome and drugs like Danazol can cause excessive androgen hormones. Women with this condition may also have a deep voice, huge breasts, enlarged clitoris, severe acne and may also suffer from hair loss. These symptoms are collectively referred to as virilisation.
Ways to control hirsutism
The treatment is aimed at removing the unwanted hair and treating the underlying cause. A combination of medications and procedures can help in removing the excessive hair.
- Weight loss: Reducing weight makes the body produce less of the male hormone, and so hirsutism is controlled.
- Female hormone replacement: Birth control pills are a good choice for women who do not want to get pregnant. They control the androgen hormone production and reduce hair growth and other characteristics.
- Anti-androgens: Spironolactone is an anti-androgen which counters the effect of testosterone; however, these have side effects and self-medication is not advisable.
- Topical creams: The face is the major area of concern and so creams like eflornithine are useful to control hair growth on the face.
Depending on the patient’s severity of the problem and expectations, the following procedural options are available. While some of these can be done at home, others might require a visit to a doctor.
- Shaving: To be done repeated as and when the growth occurs.
- Tweezing: Isolated strands of hair can be removed with a tweezer.
- Waxing: This is useful in removing hair from large areas (chest, hands, etc.)
- Bleaching creams or lotions: The hair stays in place but is lightened in colour to give it a camouflaged appearance.
- Depilatory creams, lotions, or gels: These break down the hair follicles and prevent hair growth.
- Electrolysis: A small amount of electric current is applied to the hair follicle to destroy it, thereby controlling hair growth.
- Laser hair treatment: A small beam of highly concentrated light is applied to the affected area to damage the hair follicles and control hair growth.
Hirsutism is definitely not desirable, but there are definitely ways to manage the problems and get back to having a smooth, silky skin.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.