Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sachin ShindeYour feedback matters!
Sir my teeth are of little pale colour. Im using hydrogen as mouthwash for one minute before brushing. Can you tell me some treatment to get white teeth?
I'm 27 years old grl. I want to tie braces in teeth. Kindly tell me the cost and minimum time period for the treatment. Also please tell me pros n cons of the same. Thank you.
My father has so much pain in teeth. He is suffering from it from the last month. He took a pill today at noon. But after taking bath he began to suffer from that teeth pain. It is not good to take a painkiller whenever his teeth pains. We can not understand what to do. Pls suggest me. Pls suggest a medicine. A good medicine that cabn improve his pain.
I am getting mouth ulcers, which medicine do I need to take in order to get rid myself of these in less time. Help me out.
What is scaling?
Over time, even with regular brushing and flossing, plaque (sticky, soft, bacteria infected layer) and tartar (calcium) deposits build up on your teeth. Scaling removes the tartar and plaque with specialised equipment. Scaling effectively cleans up your teeth by using ultrasound to loosen the tartar and then using tools to scrape it off from the surface of the tooth.
What is polishing?
Polishing is done to remove excess plaque and remove stains. Scaling is always followed by polishing. Polishing also smoothes and shines the teeth to prevent plaque from building up again. It is either done by foam or fluoride gel treatment to reduce the possibility of tooth decay and sensitivity.
Why are they done?
Scaling and polishing are not only done for cosmetic reasons; they are also done for overall oral health. Excessive plaque and tartar buildup will eventually lead to the perfect environment for bacteria to thrive and multiply. The ultimate purpose of polishing and scaling is to clean the surface of the teeth so that the bacteria cannot attach to them and cause serious oral problems (such as gum disease). Also, scaling and polishing offer far better cleaning of your teeth than everyday brushing and flossing.
However, scaling and polishing is not a curative treatment. If your teeth have been damaged by cavities or other oral diseases, you need medical attention.
In fact, professionally, this treatment is called prophylactic treatment; and the word ‘prophylactic’ comes from prophylaxis, which is Greek for ‘to prevent disease’. Thus scaling and polishing is more of a preventive measure than a cure.
Do they hurt?
This process is essentially painless. Most of the people who undergo this treatment usually have the following experiences:
- Tickling sensation
- Coolness from the water used to clean the mouth
- Pressure during the scraping process (The dentist uses specialised tools to “scrape” the tartar deposits off the tooth’s surface). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hello, sir/mam. My question is to Dentist When I woke up in the morning and my teeth are covered by some like paste. White colour, So what is that and suggest me some medicine or freshener?
Maintaining good oral hygiene is very simple if you follow these basic tips and incorporate some healthy habits in your daily routine. A little care goes a long way in ensuring that your smile stays bright and your teeth stay strong. A healthy smile resides in a healthy body. Value your smile and follow these simple tips for your oral health.
- Going to the dentist at least twice a year is the best preventive measure that you can take to spot anything unusual going on in your mouth or jaws.
- Brushing twice daily with a fluoridated toothpaste is very important for healthy, cavity-free teeth. Don't aim to simply scrub your teeth, rather clean them gently using proper brushing technique.
- Many people don't consider Flossing to be essential for oral health but if you don't floss, you miss cleaning almost 35% of your tooth surfaces. If you're unaware of the technique, ask your dentist to demonstrate it for you.
- If you often find food particles getting stuck between your teeth, use an interdental brush or floss but Don't ever dig in using a toothpick. It leads to gum recession.
- Using a frayed, worn out toothbrush for your teeth is as good as not brushing at all. Make sure you change your toothbrush after every 3 months. Keep it at least 6ft away from the toilet area. Keep it dry as a wet toothbrush attracts bacterial growth and clean it ocasionally by washing it with warm water to get rid of the bacteria.
- The tongue plays an important role in reducing bad breath but it is often forgotten while brushing. Keep your tongue clean and scrape off all food debris using a tongue cleaner.
- Having a good diet is equally vital for your oral health as it is for your overall health. Include healthy, Vitamin C rich citrus fruits in your diet as they are highly beneficial for your gum health. Consume plenty of water and fluids to keep yourself hydrated. It also helps in reducing the incidence of mouth ulcers. Avoid taking excess of aerated drinks/soda.