Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sachin Sharad Vaze
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Jaundice
Treatment of Ulcer
Treatment of Blood in Stools
Treatment Of Alcoholic Liver Disease
Treatment of Peptic Ulcers
Treatment of Gastric Trouble
Treatment of GERD
Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Treatment of Hepatitis B Infection
Treatment of Digestive Disorders
Treatment of Burning Sensation in Stomach
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Liver Disease
Treatment of Chronic Pancreatitis
Treatment of Gastritis
Treatment of Ulcerative Colitis
Treatment of Amoebiasis
Submit a review for Dr. Sachin Sharad VazeYour feedback matters!
Suffering fron mouth ulcer from last one week. Taken folic acid tablets. What to do for fast recovery?
I happen to see small traces of blood in my stool even while cleaning too, had kind of burning and pain in anal area a week back, no nausea, proper appetite. Constipation issues from 2 days. Kind of feverish. What is the issue, reason and treatment for it.
I feel something in my stomach, but it's not the pain. Lots of gases always come. When blood comes with stool, I take medicine - Pan D & oflox Oz, after that I feel good and blood will not come. I had ultrasound, but nothing comes special, report is OK, so please suggest what should I do.
I am having problem during latrine in my anus. It's paining badly. Please help me to get rid of this problem. I am having problem from last two month.
Before 2.5 months ago one midnight I was feel some pain in my abdomen and I found some fresh blood in my stool. After that night the morning I found again small blood in my stool. Then was good next 7 days and after that again I can saw blood in my stool. Then again all good next 7 to 10 days and again I saw some blood in my stool and it's blackish and like jelly. Then all ok again. Last 31 december I saw very slice blood in my stool. In the mean time I visit an medicine doctor and also an homeopathy doctor. They gave some test like usg, lft, tsh, tsr etc. All report are good. I did all test before 2 months. I am talking some medicines. I don't remember all name but I have taken 2 bottle sucrafil-o-gel and a homeopathy liver tonic. Now I am just taking sucrafil gel and liver tonic. Now did not see blood on my stool but now I feel some burning irritation on middle of my chest and some colon area before 2 days ego. To day I am not feel that much irritation. Anything serious? Please help me. Thanks.
I need some doctors to help me. I'm 24, and from last 6 days I'm having blood and mucus in my stool. It also happened once 6 months back, but gone within 1-2 days. But this time its not. I consulted a physician and he prescribed me some pills for infection in digestive system. It worked great for 3 days, but again I started bleeding. Pls help and also suggest me the proper specialist Dr. To consult with.
Hi, I've been suffering with anal warts for few months now. I've been experiencing a lot of burning sensation. Itching,pain around the anus and sometimes bleeding. Wanted to get an advise regarding this .I've read about surgical removal of these warts however not sure if it is available in Hyderabad.
39 Yr old female,(having 2children, youngest one 7 year old)), abdominal pain for last 4 days (taking treatment), ultrasound report-2.4×1.5 cm intramural fibroid, small amount of fluid in uterine cavity. Kindly suggest treatment.
Dr. I am taking swastha jeevan ayurvedic capsules for weight gain my digestion has improved and weight also increased do these capsule have any side effects or not please tell me.
While passing poop I feel mild (but sometimes extreme) pain, but after relaxing for 20-30 min the pain disappears but small itchiness remains, sometimes smell of poop also changes, .Please tell.
I feel severe pain near by pennies. At that time temperature around that area increases. I feel like gas trouble but I doubt will gas trouble effect this ares .I feel severe pain after coming also. Really pain is very severe . I consulted a physician.Ayurveda but no use .Is this any kind of disease. Please replay immediately.
Sometimes I feel pain my head. And same time I feel to vomit. My stomach remains tight always and like a football. I m a guy of 24 years and my stomach is like a 60 years uncle. Please give me a suitable advise.
I have so much of gastric problem I consult one doctor he gave pantab tablets I can use daily but no use.
What is the diet plan or a man of 45 years ,Non smoker having fatty liver grade III and enlarged prostrate.
Sir Mujhe reflux esophagitis la grade a erosive gastritis rut for h pylori hai Aur stomach me jukham ho gaya hai Kitne din me think ho jisse please ans.
Since last two three days I am getting mild pain in my abdomen that is on the right side lower abdomen Kindly let me know what is the reason and what is the remedy. Thanks.
Most likely you are suffering from duodenal ulcer if there is pain in the upper abdomen which is relieved by eating. If it increases after eating, it may be because of gastric ulcer. Gastric ulcers and Duodenal ulcer come under the category of Peptic ulcer disease (PUD). It is a lesion in the mucosal lining of the digestive tract, typically in the stomach as gastric ulcer or duodenum (1st part of the intestines) as Duodenal ulcers. These are caused by the digestive action of pepsin (a digestive enzyme) and stomach acid.
Nearly 70–90% cases of such ulcers are linked to a spiral-shaped bacterium called H. PYLORI that thrives in the acidic environment of the stomach. The incidence of peptic ulcers occurring in the duodenum (the initial tract of the small intestine) is four times higher than those arising in the stomach.
Causes of Peptic Ulcer:
The underlying process that results in Peptic ulcer formation is an excess of acid production in the stomach and damage to the protective barrier inside the stomach. Certain things that can trigger excess acid production or can cause damage to the protective lining of the stomach are:
- Emotional stress
- Foods (spices, pungent foods, etc)
- Overuse of certain drugs, especially NSAIDs (Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs)
- Infections (H-Pylori)
Symptoms of peptic ulcers include:
- vomiting tendencies
- pain in the upper and middle portions of the stomach after a meal and at night
- blood in the stool
- weight loss
- bleeding in the gastrointestinal region
Common To Both
Duodenal Ulcer Symptoms
More Likely to be felt immediately after eating.
More likely to be felt a few hours after eating.
|Loss of Appetite|
Pain when eating high-fat foods.
Pain when the stomach is empty.
Pain in the stomach that may feel like burning.
- Perforation of ulcer
- Gastric outlet obstruction (obstruction in terminal part of stomach)
How to Prevent Peptic Ulcers
Certain lifestyle choices and habits can reduce your risk of developing peptic ulcers. These include:
- not drinking more than two alcoholic beverages a day
- not mixing alcohol with medication
- washing your hands frequently to avoid infections
- limiting your use of ibuprofen, aspirin, and naproxen sodium
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle through a balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, and quitting smoking and other tobacco use will also help you prevent developing a peptic ulcer.
Homeopathic Treatment For Peptic Ulcers
Homeopathy offers some very good medicines for peptic ulcer disease. But for a homeopath, the symptoms of the disease are much more important than the ulcer itself. This is because to select the right medicine a homeopath needs to differentiate between the finer presentations of a disease which, vary from person to person. A homeopath not only tries to heal the ulcer but also tries to remove the general predisposition to acquire it. The homeopath not only tries to find ‘What is wrong?’, but also ‘Why it went wrong?’; ‘Where it started going wrong?’; ‘How it evolved to the current stage?’ etc. To find the answers to all these questions, a homeopath tries to gather as much information as possible regarding the past and present medical history of the patient, the family history, general, physical and psychological characteristics, etc. This hard work on the part of homeopath not only helps in removing the acute symptoms and the ulcer but also is usually able to remove the tendency for relapse. The ‘on-again/off-again’ nature of the disease is often removed and the general health of the person also improves as a result.
Effective Homeopathic Medications For Peplic Ulcer
Some of the most effective homeopathic medications used in the treatment of peptic ulcers are mentioned below. However, you shouldn’t try to self-medicate as it is best to consult with a doctor who can properly diagnose the problems and prescribe medication which are specifically tailored for you.
- Argentum Nitricum – One of the most effective medications in treating ulcers, Argentum Nitricum is usually prescribed when you experience sharp burning pains from peptic ulcers that radiate to different areas of the abdomen. The pain is akin to the feeling of gnawing inside the stomach. Other symptoms such as vomiting, belching and nausea may also be present.
- Nux Vomica – If you have peptic ulcers and even eating the slightest amount of food causes pain, then Nux vomica may be a good option and thus be prescribed by your doctor. Another indication in such cases is where the abdominal region is very sensitive and you may feel pain even with the slightest touch. Nux Vomica is also very effective if your peptic ulcer symptoms tend to get worse after the consumption of tea, coffee, spicy foods or alcoholic beverages.
- Kali Bichromicum – Sometimes, peptic ulcers may cause the food in your stomach to sit like a heavy load immediately after meals. This can make you very uncomfortable and unable to do any other form of work. This is often times accompanied by a low appetite. In such cases, Kali Bichromicum has been seen to work wonders.
- Lycopodium Clavatum – If you have burning pain in your stomach along with the bloating of your abdomen, then Lycopodium Clavatum is the best medication for you. Other indications for this medication are when ingestion of warm water helps relieve pain. If consuming certain vegetables such as cabbage and beans worsen the situation, then Lycopodium Clavatum could be the best medication in such a case.
- Carbo-veg – An all-rounder in the field of homeopathy, Carbo-Veg is also effective when treating peptic ulcers which are accompanied by heartburn and acidity as well as sour belching. The pain from the ulcers may extend from the stomach all the way to the back. Other indications wherein Carbo-Veg may be effective is where the stomach area becomes very sensitive to touch and even small amounts of food may suddenly cause the symptoms to deteriorate.
- Hydrastis Canadensis – Stomach or abdominal pain accompanied by weight loss is one of the major indications where this medication may be prescribed. The patient may become emaciated and have sharp cutting pains in the stomach. In such cases, Hydrastis has been seen to be very effective.
- Graphites – This medication is extremely useful where along with the ulcer pain, you may end up vomiting your food immediately after a meal. A sensation which is painful and constricted may be present in your stomach. Along with these symptoms, Graphites are also very effective when you suffer from excessive belching.
- Phosphorus – If you exhibit typical symptoms of peptic ulcer such as sour belching and a burning sensation in the stomach after eating, Phosphorus could well be the panacea.
When the underlying cause of peptic ulcer disease is successfully treated, the prognosis (expected outcome) for patients with the condition is excellent. To help prevent peptic ulcers:
- Avoid cigarette.
- Aspirin and non-steroidal Anti-Inflammatory drugs should be avoided.
- Spicy and rich food may aggravate. If so, it should be avoided.
- Drink lots of water.
- Take frequent small meals instead of two or three big meals.
- Bland diet and hygienically prepared food.
- Proper cleaning of utensils for food.
- Proper cleaning of hands before preparing and eating food.
- Avoid alcohol
- Common sources of Helicobacter pylori bacteria (e.g., contaminated food and water, floodwater, raw sewage)
- Long-term use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
Good hygiene can help reduce the risk for peptic ulcer disease caused by Helicobacter pylori infection. Washing the hands thoroughly with warm soapy water after using the restroom and before eating and avoiding sharing eating utensils and drinking glasses also can reduce the spread of bacteria that can cause PUD.