Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sachin Kuber
Submit a review for Dr. Sachin KuberYour feedback matters!
Well Surgery...sachin Sir is doing surgery well...
Earlier I use to have gas on empty stomach but gas is now a daily part of my life. Is it normal to have gas? What can I do to reduce it? I would like to have some insights about the same.
My Alkaline Phosphatase is 153, SGPT is 42 and SGOT is 46. Is this is a normal condition or not. Should I take Medical help for this.
Sir I am suffering from small ulcer in duodenal with H pylori and I have taken 2 week Pantocid HP course.Please advise.
Hi, As per sonography report, wife is having gallbladder stones with multiple calculi of size of small sugar crystal and one 4.8 mm of kidney stone in lower pole of right kidney. -Mild hepatomegaly -Cholelithiasis without cholecystitis -Right renal non obstructing calculus Whether any blood or urine also required for further consultation. Please suggest. Current medication only for thyroid taking Thyronorm 100 MCG.
I am 27 year old male having problem of anal fissure with blood for last 4 days before that I was having lose motion for upto 7 days due to which I have got some rashes. Blood is coming along with stool. Can you please help me out.
When I take my lunch in the afternoon when my stomach is is nearly 3/4 full fluid comes from my nostrils like having a cold and at that I have to wipe it off and stop eating. What syndrome is this.
Hello, I recently felt urinary tract infection and went for ultrasound scan as per doctor advice, after report everything including kidney, prostate were normal except fatty liver as observation but I have a slight food spoiled smell in my sperm and it is white in color and thick, I also got Hpv and genital wart which got cleared by freezing it, do I need to worry about this sperm smell and fatty liver?
Cirrhosis of Liver
Cirrhosis of the liver is a chronic and progressive condition in which the liver gets damaged and healthy liver tissue is replaced with scar tissue, ultimately causing dysfunction of the liver. Liver damage obstructs the circulation to the liver and also hinders the processing of nutrients, hormones, drugs, toxins as well as the production of proteins and other substances made by the liver. Liver cirrhosis is caused due to hepatitis C, fatty liver, alcohol abuse, viral infections, inherited diseases, and as a toxic reaction to drugs and environmental waste products. The modern management of this condition involves diet modification, reduction in salt intake, total abstinence from alcohol, and avoiding all the causative factors of this condition.
Cirrhosis of liver causes multiple symptoms in the body including fluid collection in the abdomen, bleeding varices in the stomach, chronic heart failure, damage to the central nervous system, and various metabolic disorders in the body. Advanced cirrhosis of liver is ultimately fatal.
- It is therefore of prime importance to commence treatment at the earliest possible. It is of utmost importance to treat the known cause of the condition. Ayurvedic herbal medicines have a definite action on the hepatic cells and can effectively treat inflammation within the liver. Ayurvedic medicines can also treat infection as well as metabolic dysfunction of the liver, and protect it from the toxic effects of drugs and environmental wastes. Ayurvedic medicines can therefore be effectively used to treat all the known causes of liver cirrhosis.
- Liver damage causes healthy cells to be replaced with scar tissue. This is preceded by a process of inflammation, swelling and gradual death of the liver cells. Early institution of Ayurvedic treatment can help dramatically reduce inflammation and swelling and thereby preserve the liver cells and prevent unnecessary damage. Even in the early phase of scar deposition. Ayurvedic herbal medicines can help remove scar tissue, minimize permanent liver damage, and help regenerate damaged or near-dead cells Ayurvedic herbal medicines therefore form a comprehensive treatment therapy for liver cirrhosis.
- The other symptoms resulting from liver cirrhosis such as ascites, esophageal varices, congestive cardiac failure and metabolic disorders start improving automatically when the obstruction in the liver is treated and removed. However, Ayurvedic medicines can treat these symptoms independently too, if these are observed to be severe in the affected individual and require urgent medical care. Improved functioning of the liver also helps to improve the overall metabolism and nutrition of the body and metabolize toxic substances within the body. Prompt and aggressive Ayurvedic treatment therefore helps comprehensively treat liver cirrhosis and significantly reduce morbidity and mortality resulting from this disease.
- Cirrhosis can also adversely affect the central nervous system and cause psychotic symptoms and permanent nerve damage. Prompt treatment with Ayurvedic herbal medicines also helps to preserve the brain function and treat the associated symptoms. If required, brain damage can be treated separately with herbal medicines which strengthen the nervous system and help rejuvenate nerve cells. Medicines which act on the nervous system also help improve confidence and self-control and are therefore equally useful in helping the affected individual abstain completely from alcohol, which is a known and predominant cause of cirrhosis.
- Depending upon the severity of the condition, most individuals affected with cirrhosis require regular and aggressive Ayurvedic herbal treatment for periods ranging from six to eighteen months, in order to obtain significant benefit and a possible complete cure from the condition. Ayurvedic treatment thus has a definite role to play in the management and treatment of cirrhosis.