Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
I'm 25 years old, female. I'm having bartholin abscess problem and it is reoccurring frequently. First couple of times when it happened, as per doctor's advice I took hot water sittings. (add pinch of salt to hot water and sit in water for 10-15 minutes). Doing this for 2-3 days, made the lump to burst and pus used to come off. But last april the swelling was severe and I underwent an I and d procedure (insert and drain). The problem has happened now again, and now there are saying it could be a bartholin cyst and we may have to remove cyst. Please help me and here are my concerns: 1. What is the difference b/w bartholin abscess and bartholin cyst? 2. Are there any steps or measures that I can do to ensure the problem does not keep repeating? 3. What is the permanent solution for this?
Hi After having outside food ,most of the times I feel stomach upset like not getting proper sleep, gas passing pricking headache .what is the treatment.
Whenever she sit alone or even with us she thinks about something else and she have a regular headache problem and even she forgot many things. Will you please suggest that what kind of disease or with which doctor we will prefer?
I am feeling internal piles problem because of there was a bleeding seen in morning time with stool. Please suggest what to do?
I had colon tumour removing surgery after 2months my lower right belly swell how long it will be cured doctor advised binder
Sir mera chest pain tha 2 sal se bhat jaga dikhaya av 10 din hua chest pain thik he but sans lene me taqlief ho rahi he .bar bar muh se sans lena pad raha he .recently me raipur me dikhaya to wo 1.rabimec dsr 2.abflo 100 3.monticope A 4.foracort 400 inhaler diye the but usme v kuch kam nei hua.
I think i have some type of worms may be tape worms, i have given stool samples many times but nothing had been detected. Please guide me how to diagnose posibility of having tapeworms in intestine ?
Hi doc I am very much into masturbation how to control my eagerness to masturbation's. Please guide me a way to get away from it.
Ear aches are a very painful condition, which tends to affect mostly children. However, adults can be affected by ear aches as well, which can disrupt their routines and be quite painful. Let's have a look at some of the aspects of ear aches in adults.
Causes of ar aches in adults
There are many causes for ear aches in adults and it may vary from one person to another. However some general causes of ear aches in adults are listed below:
- Infections within the body: If you have a throat infection or cold, it could trigger an ear ache as a side effect. Treating the underlying problems will, thus reduce the ear ache or it will go on its own when the symptoms of the cold subside.
- Ear canal injury: Adults are most often guilty of putting in sharp objects to clean their ear canal, which may result in an injury and also lead to infections. These injuries can also be infected and cause fluid discharge and ear aches.
- Blockages caused by the regular use of ear buds: Using ear buds or other sharp objects to clean the ear will only result in pushing the ear wax further into the ear. This will result in blockages of the ear canal and cause ear aches.
- Dental problems: Certain dental problems, such as wisdom tooth growth can result in problems. Even gum disorders have been known to create ear aches in adults.
- Jaw pain and facial pain: Jaw pain and even facial nerve pain has been known to affect ears and cause aches as well.
Symptoms that may accompany ear aches
Depending on what the causes of the ear aches are, the symptoms may vary. Still, let's have a look at some of the known common symptoms of ear aches in adults:
- Irritability and lack of focus: Ear aches may initially manifest as a headache and make the person irritable.
- Poor sleep: Fluids may build up within the body and thus cause issues while sleeping as the fluids may shift from one area to another.
- Ear drainage: If in case fluids build up, they may drain from your ear, which could vary anywhere within yellow to dark brown colour. This may even indicate that your eardrum is ruptured.
- Hearing problems: Fluid buildup or other underlying causes may also cause hearing difficulties.
- Fever: Sometimes, fever may run as high as 104 degree C due the very infections, which may be causing the ear ache.
Whatever may be the cause, if you have ear aches for sustained periods without underlying reasons, you should visit your doctor immediately to get it checked out, so that appropriate treatment can start quickly.