Lybrate.com has top trusted Radiologists from across India. You will find Radiologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Radiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sachin B. Kolhe
Diagnostic X- Ray
Bone Densitometry Procedure
Uterine Artery Embolization
Interventional Diagnostic Procedures
Angiography Radial Approach
Submit a review for Dr. Sachin B. KolheYour feedback matters!
When the skin of a breast looks uneven, it is known as a dimpled skin. Sometimes the skin might appear to be red or inflamed. In this condition, the breast tissue gets affected and this can be a serious sign of concern for cancer. Moreover, this sign is hard to detect on your own. Usually when the sign occurs, it only occurs in one of the breasts. If a woman has it in both the breasts, then likely that it has not been caused by cancer.
Causes of breast cancer dimpling are as follows
1. Advanced breast cancer
2. Breast abscess: A hollow space in the breast that is filled with pus and is at times surrounded by an inflamed tissue.
3. Duct obstruction: The ducts that carry the milk from the nipple are obstructed causing rapid abnormal growth and functioning of the cells present in the breasts causing cancer.
4. Fat necrosis: In this condition, the neutral fats are split into glycerol and fatty acids because the adipose tissue tends to degenerate.
5. Inflammation: Inflammation in the fatty tissue of the breast
6. Mastitis: The breast tissue tends to swell up and get infected. This happens because of the bacteria that enter the breasts through the nipple and this may cause infection in the milk glands.
7. Genetic: Carrying the faulty gene is one of the main reasons why many women end up literally inheriting breast cancer. This can usually be tested with a mammography, especially if one has a history of breast cancer in the family. Yet, one must remember that it is not advisable to take this test too many times as it puts you at risk of contracting breast cancer even if you do not have it, when there is repeated exposure.
First, the doctor might perform certain tests to diagnose and determine the problem. Tests like an ultrasound, MRI or even a mammogram might be used. Depending on what the diagnoses is, the doctor might even want to perform a biopsy. In case breast cancer is diagnosed, there are certain treatments that are available. These include:
- Surgery: The cancerous tissue is removed from the breast or at times when the tissue is too big, the entire breast might have to be removed.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is a medication that uses a method to send fluids that tend to kill the cancerous cells or prevent them from growing. It is a three to four hour long session at times.
- Radiation: High beam x-rays are used in order to target and destroy the cancer cells present in the breasts.
- Hormonal therapy: In this treatment, the hormones that fuel the growth of cancerous cells are blocked either through medications or surgically. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
We are planning for PLDD surgery for my mother. I wanted to know if it's safe and a lifetime surgery. Also what's the cost included in this if it's done in india.
I have back pain before 3 years. I have checked MRI test in hospital that result show the mild disc dics bulge noted at L4 and L5 level intending the thecal sac without neurological compression. Doctor has given pain relief tablets but no get relaxation. Please give me solution.
I’m Dr. Malvika Sabharwal, from Jeewan mala hospital and Apollo Spectra hospital, New Rohtak Road in Karol Bagh. In fact I’ve been a laparoscopic surgeon since the year 92, I introduced it in the North of india. 2000, we had got recognition at this hospital for managing most of the gyne problem laparoscopically.
Today I will tell you about fibroid uterus. It’s a very very common problem, seen almost in 25% of cases and at all ages, at any age and It causes various problems. In case agar ye bleeding cause kar ra hai, to bleeding k sath to mareez fatafat aatay hain k han g hamay bleeding ho rai hai, un ka diagnosis b ho jata hai. Kabi kabi wo infertility cause karta hai, infertility ka matlab k pregnancy nai ho rai hai. In such cases, agar pregnancy nai ho rai hai to b mareez aa jaat hain sooner or later. Par kai fibroids aise hain jo k hotay hain even after having couple of children. 2, 3 bachay ho gae phr b wo fibroids hai.
Ab basically fibroids hotay ki hai, ye normal uterus hai, 2 tubes hain 2 ovaries hain, ye muscle wall jo hai agar is me se ek bhi fibre barh jata hai, ye fibroid cause karta hai aur fibroids jo hain wo is tarha k tumors hain uterus k andar. Agar ye uterus me fibroid andar ki taraf jhukav de ga, agar 2cm ka b hai, wo bleeding cause karay ga aur us k liye aap fatafat doctor k paas pohnchen gey aur us ka samadhan ho jae ga. Agar fibroid boht barha hai, wo upper ki taraf jae ga aur us ka pata b nai chalay ga aapko. Kabi kabi kuch pata b nai chalta, kabi kabi us se aata hai patient k g hamy urine nai ho paa ra, hum peshaab nai kar pa rae aur ye hamay boht tang kar ra hai, tou tab diagnose hota hai. Any which ways, hamaray paas 2 hi options hain, ya tou uterus ka nikaalna ya fibroid ka nikalna.
Agar hamay uterus ka kaam lena hai, patient young hai, aagay bachay paeda karne hain tou definiteky fibroid ko nikalna hi better hai par agar family complete hai, agar us ko bachay aur nahi chahye aur us ki umer b towards the maybe 40 years or above hai or even otherwise agar boht zaada takleef ho rai hai, many options are there par durbeen se hum fibroid b nikalte hain aur uterus b nikalte hain. Agar fibroid nikala jae tou sirf fibroid ko nikaal kar k hum bolte hain ab aap pregnancy shuru kar sakte hain. Once fibroids are removed laparoscopically ya ek aur tareeka hota hai hysteroscopically, uterus ko andar se ja kar k hum dekhte hain, muaaena karte hain aur jahan fibroid hota hai us ko nikaal letay hain. It’s a non-touch technique hysteroscopy wala.
Laparoscopic jo karte hain, us me 2, 3 holes bante hain pait k andar aur us kop hr morselate kar k tareekay se nikaala jata hai. Ye morselation b boht zaada ajkal controversy me b aaya , is k baaray me tarah tarah k hare k forum me discussions hue k karna chahye ya nai karna chahye aur ye jo fibroid ko nikalne ka tareeka morselation ka hai, aaj kal in-bag b hai matlb aap bag k andar fibroid ko daalo aur us ko nikalo. Is se wo cheez jo hai wo phailti nai hai aur boht araam se wo aap k nikal aati hai. Ye ek din ka stay rehta hai hospital me fibroid nikalne k liye. Laparoscopic fibroid removal me patient is there in the hospital just for one day. Us k baad you’re back to normal and aap ko koi rok thaam nai hai, serhiyon pe jaana utarna, aap ko koi jhukna, travel karna.
Log Hindustan k bahr se b aatay hain is ko remove karwanay k liye. So, this is one thing which is available in our hospital and we’ve been doing it since 92. 2000, we have already got to recognized training center for fibroid removal. Now there are situations jahan pe fibroids nahi nikal paatay, tou us me b koi aisi baat nai hai, it’s not k it’s the end, like k agar tubes k boht paas ho, agar boht zaada paas hai tou kabi kabi situationally aap nai nikaal paatay but that is something jo k aap ko us k liye koi aisi wo baat nai hai as long as the tubes are patent, matlb aap tube ko test karte ho aur pregnancy amooman hojati hai. Fibroid removal k baad sab ka question hota hai hum kab shuru Karen pregnancy? 3 maheenay is the ultimate time jo l hum log detay hain k us k baad hum kehte hain aap zarur us ko shuru karlo and jo ye fibroid ki problems hain this is something which is so common. I feel that we should look into it, regular checkup is the only answer at every age. Har ek umer ki larki ko apna every year checkup kara lena boht zarurui hai.
The body produces a number of chemicals called hormones which are essential for the regulation of various functions including growth and metabolism. These hormones are produced by endocrine glands which are located in various parts of the body. One such important gland is the pituitary gland which produces the important growth hormone. This is essential for regulating optimal growth during the growing years and for maintaining proper amounts of body fat, muscles, and bones in the later years of life.
Causes: Deficiency of the growth hormones can occur due to a number of causes, some of which are listed below. It can be congenital (present at birth) or acquired later in life.
The congenital issue could be due to problem in the pituitary gland structure, leading to complete absence or reduced secretion of the hormone.
With age, there is a decrease in the amount of secretion. However, infections, injuries, brain tumors, surgery and radiation can also lead to altered amounts of secretion.
Symptoms: While growth hormone deficiency can occur at any age, symptoms differ depending on the age when the deficiency sets in.
In the early ages:
- Lower rate of growth for a given age
- Delayed developmental milestones
- Delayed onset of puberty
- Short stature/reduced height
- Younger looking compared to other children their age
- Fat deposition around the waist
- Delayed dental development
When the deficiency sets in during the later years, there is
- Low energy levels, constant tiredness
- Decreased strength
- Decreased exercise tolerance
- Decreased overall muscle mass
- Thin and dry skin
- Increased fat deposition and weight gain around the waist
- Changes in social behavior including alternate cycles of anxiety and depression
- Lack of motivation
- History of pituitary tumors
- High levels of fat and cholesterol
The diagnosis depends on the age of the person
- Blood tests are carried out to check the hormone levels in circulation
- In children, in addition to the hormone levels, x-rays to see the status of growth plates is very helpful.
- An insulin hypoglycemia test where insulin is given intravenously to see the levels of the growth hormone after 30 minutes.
- Total cholesterol levels, low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, apolipoprotein B, and triglyceride levels can be used to supplement the above tests.
- CT scan and/or MRI of the brain may be needed if tumors are suspected.
Treatment: Once diagnosed, replacement therapy is given as shots a few times a week under the skin. This restores normal growth and helps in controlling the symptoms in adults too.
In cases of tumor, radiation or surgery may be required, but most cases are managed with hormone replacement.
Watch out for the symptoms if your child has delayed developmental milestones and early intervention can help restore growth and function to normal levels. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.
I am suffering from l1 vertebrate compression fracture along with anterior chip fracture due to fall from parachute landing still I am having pain and unable to do my activity. I am sports person .what shud I do? Recent MRI report say that still edema is there and disc reduction is there in t12-l1 and t11-t12. What should I do?
Breast cancer begins when the cells that are present in the breast start to go out of control. These cells generally form a tumor which can be seen on mammogram or one can feel it as a lump. The tumor is threatening if the cells can grow into the tissues that surround it or spread to other areas of the body. Breast cancer happens mostly in ladies. Here are a few methods with which you can prevent breast cancer-
- Keep your weight in check: Maintaining a healthy weight is important for everyone although, it is easy to tune it out since it is said so often. Being overweight can expand the danger of a wide range of cancers, including breast cancer, particularly after menopause.
- Be physically active: Women who are physically active for almost or at least 30 minutes a day have a lower danger of breast cancer. Normal activity is additionally one of the ideal approaches to keep weight under control.
- Eat Your Fruits and Vegetables and Avoid Too Much Alcohol: A balanced and healthy diet can bring down the danger of breast cancer. Attempt to eat a considerable measure of fruits and vegetables and keep liquor at moderate levels or lower. While moderate drinking can be useful for the heart in most grown-ups, even low levels of intake can build the danger of breast cancer. If you do not drink, don't feel you have to begin. In case you drink modestly, there is less risk.
- Try not to Smoke: Smokers and non-smokers alike know how undesirable smoking is. It brings down a person’s quality of life and expands the danger of heart and lung diseases, stroke, and no less than 15 types of cancer, including breast cancer. It additionally causes bad breath, awful teeth, and wrinkles.
- Breastfeed, If Possible: Breastfeeding for almost one year or more brings down the danger of breast cancer. It additionally has extraordinary medical advantages for the baby as well, especially in terms of immunity.
- Keep away from Birth Control Pills: Contraceptive pills have both dangers and advantages. In many cases, the more young a lady is, the lower the danger is. While ladies are taking birth control pills, they have more chances of falling prey to breast cancer as per various medical studies. This danger leaves rapidly in the wake of stopping the pill. The danger of stroke and heart attack is increased while on the pill, especially if the woman smokes. Long term use can likewise have essential advantages, such as bringing down the danger of ovarian cancer, colon tumor and uterine cancer and undesirable pregnancy. In case you are exceptionally worried about breast cancer, staying away from birth control pills is also an alternative to lower the risk. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an oncologist and ask a free question.