Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sachin B Kabra
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Sachin B KabraYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, I am from Jaipur, Rajasthan and 30 years old. 8 years ago I was disorganized with CRVO disorder. I was asked to leave the condition as it is and to keep a check over the swelling occurred around it. Over regular checkup I was told that I have swelling in my right eye as well and steroid (prednisolone) was prescribed to control the inner inflammation. Using steroid over a period of time helped developing cataract in my right eye. Now doctor says my left eye actual had CRAO instead of CRVO and it cannot be cured and as far as my right eye is concerned it has chronic uveitis along with cataract. The root cause for uveitis is TB. I'm taking prednisolone eyedrop+ethambutol 1200 mg+rifampicin 600 mg+pyrazinamide 750 mg as daily dose since 1 and half month which I guess are working my overall vision. I see no improvement in my eyes except a little improvement in uveitis. Doctors are not giving a specific time for the cataract surgery and I am facing challenges to perform my day to day activities. Request you to please review and help me.
Respected Sir/Madam I have been affected by a genetically disorder in my both eyes. With colour blindness and hypermetropia. Eventhough we consulted (my two other brothers (aged 23 and 15 respectively) do have the same prob) many doctors across India and in all fields of medicine such as ayurveda, reflexology, homeopathy, English etc. But nothing resulted out. Just for a sake we do have a powered glass. But that doesn't add up anything to our vision. Even with the spectacled our vision is the same. NB: Ranked doctors told our parents that these are some of genetic disorder for which so far nothing is found for the cure. And they promised us to inform when such a thing arrives (They told us on 2004 or somewhere there. But till now didn't get any information Hoping for your positive reply in the near future Yours Faithfully Abdhul AHADH.
I am 18 years old and I have 4.25 sight in two eyes please doctor tell me. I am able to apply police job please.
My face skin color is fare and due to sunlight my face got tanned. What should I do to get my skin fare? Also suggest me the treatment or any cosmetic products for removing dark circles.
I am having myopia of R 0.75 and L 1.5,,I don't want to wear glasses or contact lenses, is der any way so that I can improve my vision. Other than surgery, just like eye exercises or anything else?
I am 22 year old Male and I have eyesight problem. My spectacle number is -2.75 and the number is continuously increasing. I wear contact lens. Help me to restore my vision.
Styes are normally caused by a proliferation of natural bacterial flora within the eye. This causes an inflammatory reaction and is known to affect children more than adults. It resembles a pimple in exterior appearance and may grow both inside and outside of the eyelid. The symptoms of styes include redness, pain, swelling and tenderness. Though the styes do not lead to any kind of visual problems, they can cause significant discomfort.
What can cause styes?
Your eyelids have lots of tiny oil glands, which can become clogged by dead skin, dirt, or oil buildup. When a gland is blocked, bacteria can grow inside. This is what causes a stye to develop.
What are the symptoms of styes?
The most common symptom of styes includes swelling of the eyelid, redness, pain, tenderness, eyelid crusts and burning in the eye. It frequently leads to a yellowish-white discharge which becomes very uncomfortable and may also continue to drain out of the eye. Doctors recommend not to press or squeeze the styes as it may lead to further complications.
You should call your doctor if:
- The child`s eye is swollen shut
- He has a severe pain
- He has a high-grade fever
- Swelling lasts for more than 20 days
- Pus continues to drain from the eye
- His eyelid bleeds
- He has problems with his vision
Homeopathic medicines for sty are safe and effective with no side effects. They play a vital role in improving the health and immune levels of the body. The recurrence of any symptoms in a body can be prevented by homeopathic medicines. These medicines are easy and comfortable for all age groups as they taste sweeter and give quicker results.
Styes tend to dry out on its own although applying homeopathic medication can aid in hastening the process of healing.
- Amalki: This homeopathic medicine aids in repairing damaged tissue which in turn aids the stye infection to dry out. It is recommended to add a teaspoon of Amalki, which is available in most homeopathic outlets, into a glass of pure water. Then the mixture must be left on its own for the whole night for at least 10 to 12 hours. The mixture should then be filtered and used for washing the affected eye.
- Heper Sulphur: Heper sulphur aids in speeding up the rupture of styes so that the pain is instantly relieved. This remedy is particularly suited for the styes that cause significantly red and swollen. It also aids in reducing the tenderness and swelling. In the case of some children, styes tend to secrete a liquid discharge and are extremely painful. Heper sulphur along with warm compress can be extremely helpful in relieving the pain.
- Pulsatilla: Some styes do not cause any pain but cause significant swelling and secrete a yellowish discharge. People affected with such type of styes can be significantly benefited by the use of homeopathic remedy called pulsatilla. It has also been found useful in preventing reoccurrence of styes.
- Staphisagria: Staphisagria is for chronic or recurrent styes that appear mainly on the upper eyelid. The eyes are very dry and have rheum. The corner of the eye and the edges of the eyelids may be chapped and infected.
It is important to keep the eye clean and flush it with cold water. If the pain and related symptoms do not go away after 3 to 4 days, it is best to consult a doctor for further treatments.