Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S. Sontakke
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. S. SontakkeYour feedback matters!
My father is around 73 years he has difficulty in walking and now has some problem in voice clarity. He is diagnosed with parkinson. Can you suggest what should I do so that I can improve his ability to walk and improve his health. Sincerely looking forward to u'r help and advice.
I am 32 years old I am suffering from seizure disorder from last ten year I am on medication levsetrsion 1500 mg. Is it a good medicine for this give me advice please.
I have migraine since 6 months. Almost for every alternate day I am suffering. I am not getting relief until I go for pain killer. Please suggest me a tablet when I am in severe pain.
I am 33 years, I am getting migraine from last 7 years .I am using homeopathy medicine not continuously and it is not curing. So how to cure my migraine.
Hello doctor, I am asking this for my mom My mother suffers from numbness in her hands, legs and there is pain in her left foot under the knee until her toes from the outside and she suffers from desk neck and back. What is the cause of this pain and numbness in the hands and feet.
I am suffering from severe peripheral neuropathy for the last 4 months ,My both feet and hands are affected by pain and burning sensation. I am not able to walk properly and there's some swelling in the feet. I have undergone several test including pet scan and MRI, blood tests but no cause is found. M6 blood glucose levels are also normal. Please tell me what to do now for this nerve damage problem. Thanks in advance.
Hello Sir, My Question is related to Neurologist, We have a baby of 5 years, she is still not able to sit/stand/speak/walk. We checked with doctors and digonas as microsapehly and no such cure available to treat that. Please help me and let me know, is there any treatment available and what we do further to save her life.
Here are 10 foods you should add into your diet that can help improve your mind:
1. Leafy greens. Some ideas: kale, spinach, collard and mustard greens. These foods are high in folate and b9, which improve cognition and reduce depression.
2. Cruciferous vegetables. Broccoli, cauliflower, bok choy, brussels sprouts and kale contain folate and have cartenoids that lower homo-cysteine (an amino acid linked with cognitive impairment).
3. Beans and legumes. These foods contain more folate, iron, magensium and potassium that can help with general body function and neuron firing. They also contain choline, a b vitamin that boosts acetylcholine (a neuro transmitter critical for brain function).
4. Whole grains. Good bets include quinoa, kammut and gluten-free oats (not bread and cereal)
5. Berries and cherries. These fruits contain anthocyanin that protects the brain from further damage caused by free radicals. They also have anti-inflammatory properties and contain antioxidants and lots of vitamin c and e.
6. Pumpkin, squash, asparagus, tomatoes, carrots and beets. These vegetables, if not overcooked, contain vitamin a, folate and iron that help with cognition.
7. Omega 3s. People whose diets contain daily omega 3s have been shown to have 26% less risk of having brain lesions that cause dementia compared with those who do not. These fatty acids help the brain to stay in top shape. You can get your omega fatty acids from fish, flax seeds, olive oil (not safflower) or by taking a good quality omega 3 supplement.
8. Almonds, cashews, walnuts, hazelnuts, peanuts and pecans. All of these nuts contain omega-3s and omega-6s, vitamin e, folate, vitamin b6 and magnesium.
9. Sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds. These seeds contain zinc, choline and vitamin e.
10. Cinnamon, sage, tumeric and cumin. Theses spices can all help to break up brain plaque and reduce inflammation of the brain which can cause memory issues. In addition to eating the foods listed above, you’ll want to decrease the risk of illnesses that can make your brain age such as obesity, heart disease, diabetes and hypertension.