Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. S S AbhikarYour feedback matters!
My father is suffering from breathing problems these days. We have consulted many doctors and they have detected severe gastric problems. Along with that after tests we found he has minute urine infection, fatty liver and uric acid. We are really confused what kind of food we can give him for faster recovery.
Dear sir, I have digest problem. And for that I have acidity which make me bad. After eating reach food it happens. Please let me know what is the best way to get rid of this.
I m 23 years old. 2 days back I had constipation and when I passed the stool It was very hard. And as it passed I felt a very sharp pricking pain and irritation in the anal area. The next morning I passed stools but I even saw 2-3 tiny drops of pinkish red blood. It was definitely not my periods. It wasn't coming out from urine also, so I guess it must be from anal area only. Even now wen I pass stools there is sharp pricking pain and itching that persists for 10-15 mins even after bowel movements. There is no blood in stool. But when I pass stools it turns the toilet water fully brown. I will visit a doctor in person within a day now. But just wanted to confirm whether this is serious? Is it like anal / colon cancer or something?
I am suffering from indigestion and gastric trouble since 3-4 month please suggest me proper treatment.
I am facing thiis problem for past four years. Having obesity. Always feeling stomach is full of gas. Stomach is bulging. Cant take proper food due to stomach bulging. Constipation also present. Please help to get rid of this bad condition.
Hi I'm naveen 26 years old and I have a problem like I have digestive problem and I use to go motion once in 2 day. I'm fully concern about this .please help to get rid off this . Thank you.
I have severe abdominal pain sometimes. I don't eat much junk foods. But sometimes I skip my meals when I am busy at my work. What should I do?
I am a student preparing for government exams. I have problem with my digestive system. Kindly give me advice.
Hello Doctor My age is 32 Is it good to take zandu pancharishta tonic for acidity and gas and tight feeling in chest.
She has mouth ulcers with burning sensation. Glycerin has been applied but not much effect is seen. There's difficulty in eating and talking. What medications should she take to cure the ulcers.
I am suffering from indigestion problem I am just 20 I had gastric problem what should I do to solve this problem and what diet I have to maintain?
I am trying to gain weight. At my age I see people with good physics, I eat very well but it does not count to my body. I think I have weak digestion as food is not properly digested, although I have acidity and gastric issue since long.
I am a 19 year old male. I am non alcoholic. For the last 3 months my sgpt has been in the range of 70-100. I have done lft, usg of upper abdomen but everything except sgpt is normal. I took udimarin forte 300 mg for 2 months but of no use. I am vaccinated for hepatitis b. I am very much concerned about this. What should I do now? Kindly answer please.
Hello. I am 26 years 1 month pregnant woman. I have to undergo through a laparoscopic surgery for gallbladder removal after 10 days. I am worried about my pregnancy. What to do. Stones are more in number and biggest one is of 16.4 mm size. Please help.
Hello Dr's small doubt for health what is the gas? And what types of gastric problems and symptoms, what the causes of gastric problems. No bad habits to me. I am suffering chest muscle pain all test was normal please help me.
Hello sir/mam I have coughing and digestion problem since couple of month. Please help me for the same.
A Gastroenterologist is a physician with dedicated training and unique experience in the management of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and liver. If you are planning to visit one, you most likely have a problem in one or many organs like esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon and rectum, pancreas, gallbladder, bile ducts and liver.
Visit your doctor to understand the severity of your condition and the course of treatment, as it is obvious that during this time you must be suffering from anxiety and you may not ask the questions arising in your mind. That is why you need to prepare in advance for your first visit with a gastroenterologist.
Being an active partner in the doctor patient relationship is bound to have its benefits. Here are some handy tips:
- Come mentally prepared: Don't let the anxiety get to you. If you need some extra help calming down, try yoga or meditation. You can simply go out on a walk alone to help you focus your thoughts. This is just like any other doctor visit. The good part is that you are taking the first step in easing your discomfort and starting treatment, so go with a positive mind.
- Maintain a diary of symptoms: It is likely that you are experiencing discomfort from past few days or weeks before you finally realize the need to seek out a specialist. Try to remember as much as possible about the symptoms you experienced in a chronological order. Write down any over the counter medicines you've tried or anything unusual that you may have consumed in the past week.
- Take stock of your medical history: It is likely that your doctor may want to know about any historic conditions you've suffered that may or may not relate to your present condition. Many ask you to fill out forms during your first time patient registration which includes many minor details about your medical past. List down any allergies, especially food allergies you have.
- Take stock of your recent medical tests: Bring your latest blood tests and imaging tests (X-rays, ultrasounds, MRIs, and CT scans) with you for the doctor's visit. If you have a pre-existing condition like diabetes, thyroid or you suffer from other chronic conditions like increased uric acid, carry your most recent medical reports with you.
- Make a list of questions for the doctor: In most cases, the first visit is a crucial factor in determining whether you want to continue the course of treatment with a particular doctor. This comes out of your ability to trust the doctor, his knowledge and diagnosis and an overall comfort level that comes with how well he handles your questions. Start by making a list of questions you want to ask about your specific condition and course of treatment and see if you get satisfactory answers.
- Brace yourself: If you want to suggest a treatment option, make sure you read up all about it before you tell the doctor.