Lybrate.com has top trusted Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons from across India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S OtivYour feedback matters!
My chest is becoming larger I recently contact my near doctor he said that it is becoming large due to fat it is not gynecomastia after that I went to dieting but it did not comes to normal size please tell what should I do?
I have a lot of holes in my face so what should I do. Pls suggest me any cream which I should use or face wash. I have smoking and drinking habits I'm not taking any medications..
Mera hair loss ho raha hai aur dandrup Jada ho raha hai hamane kafi medicine bhi khaya lekin koi rahat hua.
I am having dryness patches on my neck, near eyes, between lips and nose. Whenever I use betnovate N, it disappear but after some days it comes back. What should I do?
1 'don't eat greasy food and chocolate, because you'll break out.'
This is probably the biggest misconception about acne. Junk food won't cause you to breakout. However, if you want to cut back on these foods for other health reasons, go for it!
2. 'you should scrub your face hard because dirty skin causes acne.'
We all should practice good hygiene. Who wants to walk around with a dirty Face? you should wash your face at least twice a day. Washing your face a lot and
Scrubbing it too hard won't clear up your acne; instead, it could aggravate the skin and Make it worse.
3. 'you have to let acne run its course.'
No way! acne is a treatable condition. No need to wait for acne to clear up on its own.
The longer you wait, the more likely your chances are of permanent scarring.
4. 'make-up won't make your zits worse.'
Wrong. Makeup contains oil that can worsen the acne. If you choose to
Wear makeup, choose products labelled noncomedogenic and oil-free.
5.'suntanning reduces acne.'
While a suntan can temporarily dry up some of the oil, the drying factor could actually
Encourage the skin to produce more oil, thus, causing more acne. Besides, over-exposure
To the sun will cause wrinkles, age spots, blotchy spots and sagging skin sooner than
6 'cleanse your blood for an acne free face'
Acne is caused due to excessive sebum i. E oil secretion. It's not the blood but the oil glands which when gets blocked and infected that a pimple pops out. So there is no need to consume blood purifiers.
7 'acne scars are not treatable'
Fractional lasers, platelet rich plasma, derma rollers and other surgical options available nowadays can reduce scarring considerably if done by an experienced professional.
8 'acne occurs only on face'
Acne can occur anywhere above the waistline- scalp, back, chest, shoulders, inside ears -; all can get acne apart from the face.
It's never too late to visit a dermatologist to cure your acne and acne scarring. Don't let others decide the fate of your face.
Hello. I am 16 years old. I have been suffering with extreme hair loss. I visited Dr. and they showed all kinds of treatments. Laser treatment etc. It is very costly and my parents are not recommending. Everyone has well hair in my family. Only some of my uncles who are over 50 have lost some of their hair. I've tried so many hair oils and home remedies. Still no result. I am in 10 th class and no tension is their. I want to know the treatment their is. I saw people taking supplements and pills for hail. Really worried for my hair. Can you please name some hair supplements or vitamin supplements which are appropriate for my age.
Our hair quality is fast deteriorating.
Just as our body is made of protein complex so is our hair. It needs optimum enzyme and hormonal functioning to grow and maintain its lustre and shine.
So, what are the hair foods?
- For hair sebum production: Fish liver oil, meat, milk, cheese, eggs, spinach, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, apricots and peaches. These are rich in sebum producing vitamin a. 2 to 3 servings of these foods together is required daily to meet the vitamin a requirements.
- For healthy scalp: Stack up vitamin c through 1-2 servings of either citrus fruits, strawberries, kiwi, pineapple, tomatoes, green peppers, potatoes and dark green vegetables. Along with vitamin c, another powerful antioxidant is vitamin e. The sources are cold-pressed vegetable oils, wheat germ oil, soybeans, raw seeds and nuts.
- For keratin production and hair growth: Keratin is a protein which makes our hair skeleton. Hence good quality protein from dairy products, eggs, meat, soya beans, pulses needs to be taken daily. The production of keratin needs a vitamin called biotin. It is found in brewer's yeast, whole grains, egg yolks, liver, rice and milk.
- For general hair health: Inositol found in whole grains, brewer's yeast, liver and citrus fruits is required for healthy hair at cellular level. Also the requirement of vitamin 6 is high for the absorption of many minerals and enzyme functioning.
To prevent hair loss:
- Foods rich in vitamin b12 like chicken, fish, eggs and milk are required.
- Some minerals like iodine found in table salt and foods produced from iodine rich soil are essential for thyroid hormone regulation which is required for hair texture.