Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. S. KothariYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old. I have migraine problem. And I get relief with pain relievers. But in the month of june, in first weak my migraine get too pain. And pain relievers have no effect on it. Please hellp me , the pain is very severe. What should I do?
I am patient of brain tumor opted on 2003 now I am married. I gave my semen for test. Report was" azoospermia" What to do?
Hello I'm. 21 years old male, nowadays I'm having some insomniac problems and undergoing lots of stress how would I deal?
Hello Sir/Ma'am, Am facing migraine problem with classical aura which is almost cured yet however it triggers in me every year somehow when winter about to start. So kindly suggest me how could I get rid of this. Thanks.
I am have been suffering from insomnia since few days due to my late night office work. What should I do?
I have seizures problem for past seven years it can't stopped it comes in the morning 2 to 3 time in a few sec 2 or 3 sec I am taking tablets regular can you please give me suggestion for stop seizures.
My hand finger vibrate when I try to stay constant. I don't drink and non veg So I requested what I do.
Sir mere relatives ke brain me benign tumer tha aur aiims ke doctars ne 2014 me surgery ke dwara use hata diya tha but 2016 me vo tumer usi jagah phir ho gaya hai sir batay ye kya hai jabki 2014 me biopsy report negative aayi thi abhi 2 month baad operation hoga sir ye batay ki ye tumer recurrent kyo hua kya benign brain tumer recurrent hote hai.
I am 33 years old male and I am getting numb feel from lower abdomen to thigh while driving. What should i do? Please advise.
My sisters age is 21 from few days she is feeling like vibration in her right chest always. Is this serious .plz rpl fast.
Sir, Recently I have been to one family of my close relatives who have a girl child aged 16 years. She is suffering from CP (cerebral palsy) since childhood. They have taken her to doctors regularly but there is no improvement. Type of treatment is not known. She weighs 40 kg. But cannot walk properly, cannot talk, cannot take food on her own. She has no control on urine/stools. She has tobe accompanied by her parents everywhere. She has running nose and cannot keep her eye sight straight. I want to know from you whether such situation can be improved by medication? She is having monthly bleeding also. Kindly suggest any remedy (if there is one) as the family is from lower middle class.
How can i will treat my mother. She is right handed paralysised. Still we are treating by phisyiotherapy but not recovery.
I am suffering from insomnia since my childhood. What should I do to stop this. Am not able to sleep at all. Please give me a solution for this.
Brain surgery involves several medical procedures, which incorporate fixing issues with the brain, including changes in the tissues of the brain, cerebrospinal fluid and brain blood flow. Brain surgery is quite a complicated method of surgery and the type of surgery to be conducted depends on the underlying conditions.
Reasons for Brain Surgery:
Brain surgery is performed for the correction of physical brain abnormalities. These abnormalities could occur because of diseases, birth defects and injuries. A brain surgery is required when the following conditions arise in the brain:
- Abnormal blood vessels
- Blood clots in the brain
- When the protective tissue or dura is damaged
- Due to nerve damage
- Parkinson's disease
- Any kind of pressure after an injury
- Skull fractures
- In case of stroke and tumors
A surgery may not be required for all the above mentioned conditions, but in case of many, a brain surgery is very important as the conditions may worsen health problems.
Types of brain surgeries:
- Craniotomy: During this open brain surgery, an incision is made in the scalp, and a hole is created in the skull, near the area, which is being treated. After this process is complete, the hole or bone flap is secured in its place using plates or wires.
- Biopsy: This form of brain surgery helps in the removal of a small amount of brain tissues or tumors. After removal, the tissues or tumors are examined under a microscope. The creation of a small incision and a hole in the skull is indicated as a part of this process.
- Minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery: This form of brain surgery enables the removal or lesions and tumors via the nose and sinuses. Private parts of the brain can be accessed without creating an incision. An endoscope is utilized in the process which is used to examine tumors all across the brain.
- Minimally Invasive neuroendoscopy: This process is similar to the minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery. This method also involves the use of an endoscope for removal of brain tumors. Small, dime sized holes may be made in the skull to access some brain parts.
Brain surgeries may be associated with several risks. They may be:
- Allergic reactions to anesthesia
- Blood clot formations
- Swelling of the brain
- A state of coma
- Impairment in speech, coordination and vision.
- Problems in memory
- Strokes and seizures
- Infections in the brain
A brain surgery is a serious and very complex surgery. There are different kinds of brain surgeries, which are conducted depending on the condition and severity of the disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.