Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S. KakatkarYour feedback matters!
The benefits of aam panna are:
- It helps to improve digestion by fighting with acids of stomach. It is a sure shot (ramban) medicine for gastro intestinal disorders.
- It helps in preventing diarrhoea.
- It is rich in iron and vitamin ‘c’. In order to help in absorption of iron in the body, we take additional vitamin c, but in aam panna, we find iron and vitamin c together. So, it is very good for anemic people and it boosts our immune system.
- It prevents our body to excrete excess salts and iron during sweating. Thus it helps to beat the heat.
- Unripe mangoes are also rich in vitamin b1, 1b 2 etc. These vitamins provide us energy.
- It acts as a tonic increasing our body resistance against tb, dysentery, cholera, anemia etc.
My gf is 18. She takes krimson 35 for irregular periods as suggested by doctor. I had sex 14 Feb. And her dose got over on 2march. Usually the bleeding starts after the doses for 21 days is over. But today its 5 march. She dint had any periods yet. please help me. I ws wearing the protection too and I took it out before the cum too. BT still m bit afraid. What should I do.
Doctor I am married since 2007 with one girl child 7 years old my question is that I have completely lost interest in sex after one year of my marriage in have frequent quriells with my hubby because he is always active and I always refuse can you help me on this so I can also enjoy.
I have pcod problem .recently I came to know about it. Please tell me about the diet to take and what to avoid to recover from the problem early. I am taking medicines as suggested my gyaeno.
My doctor suggest to take ccq 100 mg 2 to 6 days. Meprate 18 to 27 10 mg one tablet per day. Am trying to get pregnant for 1 year. My periods regular. 28 days. Now am 31 day. When to take pregnancy test? Am I pregnant?
I have one question for gynac what is the uses of Clomipure 50 tablet and Alivher Es 2 mg tablet. Please tell me. Thank you.
Mushroom is a type of fungi that hails from the Agaricus family. It is estimated that there are close to 1,40,000 types of mushroom, out of which science has been able to classify only 100 odd mushrooms for health benefits. From cutting down cholesterols to preventing cancers, increasing the strength of the immune system to helping in weight loss, there are numerous health benefits of mushroom. This article will explore why mushrooms are regarded so highly by health practitioners across the globe:
- Cholesterol levels: Mushroom does not possess any fat or cholesterol. They are rich in lean protein, fiber, and some very important enzyme. The lean protein found in mushroom helps to burn down the LDL cholesterol. Furthermore, it creates a good balance of LDL and HDL cholesterol so that the body can refrain from stroke, atherosclerosis etc.
- Preventing cancer: Mushrooms are mighty effective in blocking certain cancer types such as the breast and prostate cancer. Owing to their high linoleic acid and beta-glucans, they act as a very good anti-carcinogen. While linoleic acid can successfully suppress the excess estrogen which leads to breast cancer in women, the beta glucans can suppress the growth of cancer cells in the case of a prostate cancer.
- Diabetes: Mushroom is an ideal food for a diabetic patient. They do not possess cholesterol, consists of low fat, have high protein and a lot of minerals and vitamins. Apart from this, mushrooms possess a lot of fiber and water. The most critical component, however, is the natural insulin that mushroom has within itself. They help to break down the starch found in food items. Mushrooms have certain components that help in the proper functioning of the liver, endocrine gland etc. It ensures that the proper balance of insulin is maintained in the body.
- Bone health: Mushroom is a very good source of calcium. They ensure that adequate strength of various bones is maintained in the body. Regular intake of mushroom can ensure safeguard an individual from conditions such as osteoporosis, joint pain, and immobility.
- Blood Pressure: Mushroom variety such as the maitake and the shitake has a high amount of potassium content. The latter can successfully relax the blood vessels thereby, reducing the blood pressure. Increased potassium content also helps in knowledge retention and an improved memory. High blood pressure, on the other hand, can cause severe damage such as strokes, heart attacks etc.
- Selenium content: Selenium component is mushroom is one of the key ways to receive selenium for a vegetarian. Selenium helps in strengthening the bone, nail, tooth and hair. Selenium is also considered to be a very powerful antioxidant that can successfully get rid of free radicals in the body and strengthen the immune system. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Did you know that adding spices to your diet can help you lose weight? Well, now you do! We have been using spices for years and years to enhance the taste of our food but were unknown to this magical thing that they could do. Turns out these spices not only make our food tasty but also help a great deal in losing weight. Plus, these are all readily available in our kitchens. The various spices that aid in weight loss are:
Cinnamon is useful in balancing our insulin levels. Cells respond to insulin more readily because of cinnamon, and hence this is how cinnamon aids in weight loss. Thus, our blood sugar levels get balanced too. Cinnamon can be sprinkled as a seasoning. It can be sprinkled over coffee, smoothies. Or this spice can also be used in cooking.
Turmeric is a spice that is used in almost every Indian recipe. A component in turmeric called curcumin is what helps in weight loss. It decreases fat accumulationand bulk of fat tissue thus helping in weight loss.
Ginger is also a spice that is used in various Indian recipes. It is used to enhance the flavour of tea and also in other dishes. This spice helps speed your metabolism up and thus it plays an important role in weight management.
Mustard seeds help in boosting the metabolism rate. It means that calories get burned more effectively. Mustard seeds can be used for cooking or this mustard spice can also be had in the form of sauce. Mustard sauce is readily available and can be eaten with a varietyof dishes.
Garlic is yet another ingredient that is used in various dishes to enhance their taste. Garlic contains a component called allicin which helps to fight the bad cholesterol and regulate blood sugar levels.
Cumin is also very commonly used in Indian households. It is mostly used for tempering dishes. It can also be used in powdered form. Cumin is very useful in digestion and thus promotes healthy digestion.
People have a tendency to judge individuals by their looks, but never think about the Inner beauty, this reminds me a famous phrase.
“Don’t Judge a Book by its Cover!”
The above line holds deep meaning, it tells that we should not judge people by their looks and we should judge people by their heart and their inner beauty. Well you might have surely heard of phrases like ‘looks are often deceptive’, ‘all that glitters is not gold’ etc., All these phrases give us only one message and that message is don’t judge people by their looks.
However, in today’s world looks is given a lot of importance, it is indeed sad that people fail to see the good heart of people. People fall in love but they fall for looks, not for the heart. People waste a lot of money on beautifying themselves but do not give a penny to the poor.
We go to beauty parlors, saps, fitness centers to look good for others, some people even put on make-up while going to the gym and also while sleeping even if they know that it is not wise and good for the skin to wear make-up 24×7. The beauty industry is flourishing because we are contributing to it.
Instead of spending loads and loads of money in beauty parlors and fitness centers, one can use natural methods to beautify them, and watch their food and go for a walk daily to reduce their weight.
Let me tell you one thing, one fine day you are going to grow old and your beauty is going to fade. The same people who admired your beauty are going to frown on your wrinkled face and hunched body. The only beauty, which lasts, is eternal beauty.
If you are beautiful in your words, gestures, actions, mind and soul people will remember you and look up to you even after you grow old.
They will remember the beauty of your presence, the way you used to laugh without any restrains, the way you used to love, the way you used to take care of people and the way you lived your life without giving a damn on what people think. That is true beauty.
There are two kinds of beauty, inner beauty and outer beauty, but make sure that you choose well and decide how you want to be remembered and for which beauty you want to be remembered?
I am taking krimpson 35 my last period date is on Jan 20 and afetr that feb 17, 18 i got spotting but no periods. Is their any way to get pregnant. Plz reply back me soon.
Hi I am 41 years. My breast gets so heavy, hard and painful before my periods every time. I know it happens but its difficult. Any suggestion.
I had sex last month on 2nd day of my period my bf has confirmly not ejaculated even he didn't have boner I had urine infection and probably kidney stone last month so I took 6 pills a day for 3 days I haven't got my period yet this month what could be the reason?
Sir muje 9 aug ko period hua tha or 13aug ko khtam hua tha mere bf ne 14 and 15aug ko sex kiya tb maine i-pill le the but muje abi tak period ni hua 9sept ko hona tha, esk bad maine 18sept ko pregnancy test kiya jo nigative tha and 19 r 20 ko fir sex kiya r i-pill le r mujhko ab white-discharge hua. Plese esko m kya samjhu r yehi white-discharge 17 r 18 aug ko bhi hua tha please mjhko clear kro, r kya abi sex krna thek hai ya nhi ku ki hm log living relation m rehte h to problm ho jati hai.
The word 'surgery' is often dreaded by most patients. Be it an invasive oral surgery or a keyhole gallbladder surgery, it does not evoke a ready 'yes' in most patients. There are too many patients who are ready to be on long-term medications if they could to avoid the surgery and its complications. While there could be swelling, bruising, tingling and many other symptoms, the one feared by most is the postoperative pain. What happens after the effect of the anesthetic wears off can leave many patients in a very anxious and fearful state. The trick is to prepare oneself not just for the surgery but for the after effects.
Before the surgery, a detailed discussion with the doctor on the following is very important:
- List of medications: Complete list of medications include supplements so that the medications used during and after surgery to avoid any potential drug interactions
- Type and severity of the pain: This will help you anticipate and be prepared for the pain after the surgery.
- Pain tolerance/threshold: Letting your doctor know your tolerance levels can help them prescribe an appropriate pain killer
After the surgery, the following are some ways to cope with the pain:
- Pain killers - Don't wait for the anesthesia effect to completely wear out. Take the painkiller much before the pain starts so that the onset of pain is delayed or nullified. For severe cases, opioids may be used to manage immediate postoperative pain. However, in most cases, non-steroidal anti-inflammatories like ibuprofen are used. They may also be used up to a few days after surgery to ease the pain and inflammation, depending on the type of surgery.
- Topical creams/lotions - In cases involving skin incisions, these help reduce the pain in the skin along the incision.
- Compression stockings - In addition to reducing blood clot, they also reduce pain in the legs.
- Physiotherapy - If there is a joint involved, doing physiotherapy after surgery is extremely beneficial. In addition to reducing pain, they also help improve mobility.
- Sleep - Sufficient sleep (more than you normally would) promotes healing and helps your ability to cope with the pain.
- Heating pads and ice packs - If these are your regular remedies for pain, feel free to use them even in postsurgical pains.
- Reduce Stress - This will help you cope better with the pain and heal faster.
A given patient and a given surgery are a unique combination. No two patients will react the same way to a particular surgery. Postsurgical pain can be managed very effectively with a little planning.
I always feel sleepy during class hours. Please help me I want to concentrate in class. I am 17 year old.
Tests and Treatments for Multiple Miscarriages
I am doctor Mohan Routh, a practicing Gynecologist for last 27 years and partner of ICPRN Indias 1st Immuno therapy center for treatment of patients with repeated miscarriages and ivf or implantation failure.
Today I am going to discuss about various investigations that will help us to find out what is the cause in repeated cases of miscarriage. Now depending on different causes there are different investigations. When the problem is genetic there are test known as karyotype of the pregnancy which is aborted. It is same for the karyotype checkup that is the chromosomal pattern of the pregnancy is checked. Also karyotype or the chromosomal pattern of the parents are checked to find out if there is any genetic problem. For structural problem of the uterus there are tests like sonography, especially 3d sonography.
Then test like hysterosalpingogram which is an xray test, then procedures like laparoscopy and hysteroscopy which helps us to find out if there is any structural problem in the uterus. For detecting endocrine problems test for diabetes like fasting and post lunch blood sugar HBA1C, for thyroid problems T3 T4 TSH, for polycystic overine disease the fsch and lh level and sonography help us to clinge the diagnosis. For infections there are a series of test, known as torch titer. In this investigations are done for toxoplasma, rubella, cytomegalo virus, herpis etc and it helps us in the diagnosis of infections. For the auto immune problems there are different tests which include anti-nuclear anti bodies, ss dna test , antiphospholipid anti bodies, lupas anti coagulant, protein c and s, so these are the various tests which tells us about the auto immune problem.
Now if all these tests are normal then the factor that is responsible is allo-immune factor. For that we do certain more tests when all the tests so far are normal. And these tests are lymphocyte crossmatch, levels of natural killer cells in the peripheral blood and in the endometrium. A chemical called tnf alpha which is produced by the lymphocytes in the blood. So these tests help us to do diagnosis of allo-immune problems. Once the diagnosis is achieved the treatment can be given accordingly depending upon the positive tests. For allo-immune problem the treatment is immune-therapy or lymphocyte immunization therapy which is an active form of immune therapy which helps to get over this problem.
For more about lymphocyte immunization therapy I will talk in my next video. For more information you can contact me on www.lybrate.com Thank you!
Is it normal to have difference between two consecutive menstrual cycle period about 50 days? if yes then what may be the cause. and how can it be detected. Say me please Immediately.
I missed my last period and I am 19 years old. This has happened for the first time. What could it be? I am very tensed.
Douching is a process wherein the vagina is washed with water or other fluid based substances. Douches are available in your local pharmacy or drug stores. They usually contain water, baking soda, iodine or vinegar.
Is it required?
Doctors have generally recommended against this practice. The primary reason for this is that it creates bacterial imbalance in the vagina. For clearer understanding, there are both types of bacteria; harmful and good, present in the vagina in a certain balance.
Douching can upset this balance. It causes the harmful bacteria to thrive and multiply and impairs the functioning of the good bacteria.
Due to this imbalance, one may become prone to various infections in the vagina, yeast infections being the most common of them all. The harmful bacteria may also spread to the reproductive tract and cause infections.
Studies conducted to prove the efficacy of douching have shown that neither do they clean the vagina nor do they prevent infections. To give a detailed idea of what douching can do to the vagina, here are its disadvantages:
Pelvic inflammatory diseases: Douching increases the risks of PID’s. This disease causes infection in the ovaries and the uterus.
Vaginal infections: As douching upsets the balance of bacteria in the vagina, it also creates conditions that allows harmful bacteria to develop
Complications in your pregnancy: Douching has been proven to decrease the chance of getting pregnant. It is known to increase the chance of an ectopic pregnancy, wherein the embryo is not implanted inside the uterus.
Cancer of the cervix: Douching has also been linked to an increased risk of cervical cancer.
If you think that douching can get rid an infection, then you need to reconsider. Consult a doctor so that you get proper treatment. Do not resort to douching as the risks outweigh the minimal benefits it offers.