Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S. KakatkarYour feedback matters!
Anemia is a condition where the red blood cell count is reduced due to deficiencies within the system. This is usually caused by a lack of iron, folate and other related nutrients in the diet. Anemia is a major public health concern in India as over 50 percent of women are known to be anemic. This pushes up the mortality rate of young mothers and even children.
Some symptoms of Iron deficiency anemia
Anemia has a wide range of symptoms which varies from person to person. However there are some generic symptoms which can be noticed in most people. Some of these are
- Pale appearance of skin - Many people exhibit this symptom where their skin appears to be pale as there is a reduced amount of oxy - hemoglobin in the skin.
- Physical weakness, light headedness and fatigue - This is a general symptom, which many tend to suffer from and complain about. Fatigue and weakness may come in very quickly even with the slightest effort.
- Hair loss - Many women may complain about hair loss due to Iron deficiency anemia.
Some other symptoms are:
- Missed or irregular periods
- Numbness or burning sensations
- Tinnitus among others
Causes of Iron deficiency anemia
The primary cause of Iron deficiency anemia is the lack of iron in the diet which causes the hemoglobin in the blood to be reduced. Some of the patients may still have Iron deficiencyanemia as they have developed gastrointestinal disorders which prevents the absorption of nutrients like iron within the body.
How to treat Iron deficiency anemia
Diet related anemia can be easily cured or controlled with changing diets. Inclusion of certain foods within the diet can easily reverse the Iron deficiencies. Some of the food items that help with deficiencies are:
- Fortified cereals
- Green dark leafy vegetables
- Poultry items
You may also require certain iron supplements if you have certain underlying conditions which is causing issues with iron absorption.
How to prevent Iron deficiency anemia
It is important, especially for women to go for regular checkups to your doctor and also a hemoglobin check up. Your doctor or dietician can tell you to include certain foods in your diet that include folate, iron and vitamin B 12 so that the level of hemoglobin in your blood can be maintained at healthy levels.
Related Tip: "Why Iron Is the Most Underrated Factor in Health"
I took first i-pill after unprotected sex ,and 2nd after 60-70 hours. .What can be the side effects?
Hi doctors. I had sex with my girlfriend on 22 March and 24 was date of her periods which has not started yet. And the I didn't ejaculated inside her .now I am worried. What could be possible reason. What should I do. Please help me.
Doctors can you please suggest us the best time to have sex with our partner so that the chances of pregnancy can be reduced as much as possible without using protection as she has regular periods.
First time I had sex with my wife. Blood came from her pussy that time. Is there any problem in that?
What a girl feels inside her vagina when she do sex for the first time and will that bleed? Please tell.
My wife has recently started to menstruate, but her period lasts for ten days and is sometimes really heavy she has to change pads like every two or three hour. She sometimes get blood clots about the size of a penny but feel no pains in her abdomen. She has only spotted twice since then, is there any thing wrong with her?
Muje kuch time se har mnth pith or kamar(back Pain) me pain rahta h sath hi meri pcod ki ,krimson 35, ovabless,Glyciphage chal rahi h sath hi please muje ye bhi batae ki hum baby planing kar rahe h iske bad baby hone ke chances hai kya please reply.
I hv gain so mch weght after delivery how cn I overcome with diss problem please tell me m very mch troubled cnt do work properly tired early.
In-vitro fertilization (IVF) is a fertilization technique through which the sperm and an egg are fused in a laboratory. The embryo is grown in a lab for a span of 4-5 days and then transferred to a woman’s uterus. This process is extremely effective and increases the chances of fertilization. There is a four-step process of IVF as discussed below:
- Ovulation induction: The first process involves the inspection of the ovary and subsequent release of the eggs. Among other observations, the doctor observes whether the ovaries are functioning well, hormones are present in adequate quantities and blood pressure is normal. If there is a shortage of ovary, women are advised to consume fertility medicine for a while. More the number of ovaries produced, better are the chances of successful embryo formation. In case egg formation causes a bother, one can talk to their doctor regarding donor eggs being used for the process.
- Retrieval of the egg: During this process, a doctor might suggest pain medication in order to negate any discomfort that a woman might face. A thin needle is then passed through the vaginal wall. Along with vaginal ultrasound and gentle suction, fluid from the follicles is taken out. The egg is separated from the follicular fluid and is placed in the culture dish that contains nutrient media. The dish is then placed in the incubator for further processing.
- Fertilization: The next process is to ensure that the egg fertilizes properly. In order to do this, a healthy sperm cell is obtained from the partner or a wishful donor. After a careful inspection, the most active sperm cell is combined with the egg and placed in a chamber. The sperm and the egg are taken to a common place and the two are mixed in the incubator. A healthy embryo thus develops.
- Embryo transfer: The final process involves the transfer of the embryo. This is the most complicated step in this procedure. A little glitch can jeopardize the whole procedure and threat the success rate. Out of all the embryos, the healthy one is selected. Inside the vagina, a speculum is then placed and the healthiest embryo is transferred into the uterus. This is a strenuous process and complete bed rest for more than a day is advised by doctors.
- Pregnancy: Post the IVF process, a woman might take a couple of weeks to get pregnant. If the procedure becomes successful, your pregnancy test will come as positive. Many, though, return a negative test result. This only signifies that the procedure has failed. On an average, it takes 2 attempts for IVF to become successful. This is not a high-risk procedure and the same can be taken as many times as you want. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.