Lybrate.com has top trusted Pathologists from across India. You will find Pathologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S K Gokhle
Submit a review for Dr. S K GokhleYour feedback matters!
I am suffering frm body pain since 2 days specially in calvs and eyes .and have fever also what should I do?
I have pain in my shoulder when I came in contact with cold orin winter season this pain constantly happen due to cold and in night this pain became so hard that I can't able to sleep.
In a regular working days when I wake up early in the morning my whole body suffers from a little pain why?
Hi I am 32 year old female with a 7 years of kid I am suffering from leg pain above the ankle join. Dr. given nervijen capsules. Kindly suggest me.
Vertebroplasty means shaping the backbone i.e. vertebra for backbone and plasty is related to shape. This is an outpatient procedure done to treat compression fractures of the spinal cord. The backbone is made up of multiple small bones which are stacked one on top of the other with a filling material in between that is known as vertebrae. The stack of bones are held in place by the soft, elastic vertebral material.
Vertebroplasty & similar procedure called kyphoplasty is a non-surgical procedure where collapsed vertebrae is brought back to shape by injecting medical bone cement under fluroscopy / image intensifier in OT, thereby relieving pressure on the spinal cord or spinal nerves with special canula directed to the core of vertebral body. Indicated in osteoporotic vertebrae, spinal fracture, metastatic tumour or primary tumour of spine. This technique has replaced major surgery done earlier to reshape & fix vertabrae.
Technique: Bone cement, in a semisolid state, is injected into the weakened or fractured bone space. Once this solidifies, it provides additional support to the spine, enabling normal movement. It also helps in reducing the pain significantly and improves the overall mobility.
In what takes about an hour, the following steps are done. Earlier, a few decades ago, this would be an open surgical procedure. However, with advance technology, now it is done using a small incision
- Local anesthesia is given in the area that needs to be operated
- A biopsy needle is inserted into the fractured space with the help of an X-ray
- The acrylic bone cement is injected into the bone space with a needle to fill up the space, once it solidifies, it stabilizes the vertebral space
- The needle is removed and the incision is covered with a bandage
- Usually the patient is sent home in an hour’s time unless the overall condition is really bad
- There could be some soreness at the site where injection is given, but one can notice a significant reduction in pain from the day of the procedure
- There is also improvement in mobility while doing daily chores
- The pain relief can last up to 3 years after the procedure
- Returning back to normal activities takes about 3 to 4 days after the procedure
When to use this procedure?
Vertebroplasty is usually done in case of non-radicular pain that is intractable. In most cases, they do not respond to traditional therapies including physiotherapy, pain medications and even surgery. The pain could be due to:
Benefits of using vertebroplasty for managing pain
- Minimally invasive
- Effective way to get relief
- Improves mobility
- Reduces need for long-term use of painkillers
- Stabilizes the spine and prevents further collapse
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi, I want to ask that my mother was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 1 year ago she has chronic pain all over the body she can not sit for much time she can't walk much otherwise extreme pain starts in her body she can't go everywhere because of this reason she has to lay down to ease her pain even after lying down her pain does not completely go away even if she is lying in her bed whole day her whole body aches she can not lean very much she can not sit on floor because her muscles are strained all the time. It has become very difficult for her because she can't walk much she can not sit much only lying on in bed is a comfortable position for her. She has used many medicines prescribed by rheumatologist she have used anti stress medicines pain killers and other medicines for fibromyalgia but her condition is not improving. Please tell me about this.
Mom has body pain,has taken so many medicines till date. It had started so many years ago,and still not alright. Can you suggest
Panchakarma is an ayurvedic technique which is used to detoxify the body, boost the immune system and restore the balance in the body. Due to lack of exercise and a poor diet, the waste material generated by the body is not effectively discharged. This causes accumulation of toxins in the body that can result in diseases.
Panchakarma can be used to treat and heal the pain in the joints and the spine. There are specific treatments in panchakarma that targets these regions, they are:
1. Abhyanga - Abhyanga is a technique where warm oil is used to cover the entire body. The oil is then gently massaged so that it can penetrate the underlying tissues. It is used to lubricate the joints, muscle toning and to increase blood supply around nerve endings.
2. Pindasweda - In this technique hot cotton bags consisting of herbs, rice, and sand or medical powder are used to massage the body. This rejuvenating therapy induces perspiration in the body by which the herbs and the heat penetrates into the body. It is used to treat problems of the joints such as gout, arthritis, and sciatica.
3. Upanaha - A combination of herbal medicine is applied to the affected part and then covered with medicinal leaves. The herbs help in easing the muscles and tendons of the affected part. It relieves pain, reduces swellings and improves mobility in the joint.
4. Kati vista - In this treatment, medicated oil is pooled into a collar made from dough and then placed on the lower back for a specific amount of time. It strengthens the lower back, lubricates the spine and acts as a muscle pain reliever.
Related Tip: Heal Your Lower Back Pain - 4 Exercises for You to Do It Right Now!