Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S. ChoudhariYour feedback matters!
Is it just that more cases are being reported or is there an actual increase in child abuse cases? This can be debated, but the hard-hitting fact is a definite increase in the number of child abuse incidents. Unbelievable as it may sound, the abuse is not always about strangers. It could come from unsuspected corners – close family and friends who frequently visit the home and have access to the child. It is not just limited to the girl child; male child abuse is equally likely and is happening.
As much as we try to look for possible culprits, it would not be. Given the number of people in our social circles, both close and extended, it is very difficult to always be on the look. Plus, there are a number of people who are totally unfamiliar (schools, workplace, parks, shops, etc.). The best defense for the parents would be to teach the child about what he or she should watch out for. This should be further enhanced by the parent knowing the signs to watch for as a result of child abuse.
Educating the child is extremely important. Also, emphasize on the child coming back and telling you if anything unpleasant has happened. This is the most difficult and effective aspect for parents.
- Talk to your child about good touch and bad touch.
- Teach them names of private parts (or alternates if you prefer) and get them to use these.
- Emphasize that unless someone is involved in their health and hygiene, there is no need to touch their private parts.
- Even lingering touches inappropriately in certain parts (buttocks, chest, thighs, etc.) should be discussed.
- Give them the confidence to talk to you, if they even doubt that someone touched them badly.
- Do not chide or scold the child, as it is not their mistake.
- Even if they are complaining about someone close, do not disbelieve them.
- Give them a patient hearing about the full episode, let them talk, and if required, you can always ask for more details.
- Cutting them off in the first instance will take away their complete confidence, and they will never confide again. This is very important, as the child needs to believe that he/she is being listened to and believed.
- Do not be mad at them; it was not their fault. Give them this assurance multiple times, and let them know that nothing changes as you will help them.
Children get scared and withdraw into a shell if anything happens, and unless they have the confidence, they may not open up at all. Therefore, educating the child is the most important and effective way to control child sexual abuse. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
We have 3 years old son, he doesn't eat anything, we use" Apti Must" hungry syrup, but no change, we are so worrying about that, and he doesn't sleep properly, and always crying. Please give me a best suggestion for him.
My one year old kid is going for motions daily four times like water for three days what should I do.
Meri bacchi 2.5 month Ki hai. Aur wo cow milk piti hai. Aur wo bahut dubli hai. please uske Health aur achi dikhe to please suggest tonic.
My Daughter has cough and running nose and her first molar teeth coming out. She is cranking very often and drooling. Please suggest some medicine for cough and cold too. She is 14 month old.
Hello Sir, My name is rinkal and I am a breastfeeding mother of 1.3 years baby. I am suffering from headache since December 2015. And I am having a problem of depression after my father's death I July 2015. I became angry and nervous which cause my hands and lips shiver. Due to this I became week also. I have loose too much weight and forgotten to smile, and to talk to others.
Dear All, you are requested to suggest me that my baby boy is one years old and he is 8.5 kg only. How can grow his weight and health please advice me it my kind request. My child is not drinking milk any drop. Regards
Asthma is a respiratory disease that takes place with a variety of symptoms including breathlessness, wheezing and coughing. It usually occurs when the airways get obstructed, which in turn leads to inflammation of the tubes. So how can you recognise the signs and symptoms of asthma? Here is a list of ways!
- Risk Identification: It has been observed by doctors and medical science that there is no specific reason for the onset of this ailment. It can be caused due to genetic as well as environmental factors. So, in order to recognise the symptoms, you will first of all have to take stock of both these factors. Find out if you have any blood relatives who have suffered from this ailment and try to find out how it started and at what age, so that you can watch out for the same warning signs. Also, if you are more prone than others when it comes to allergic conditions like rhinitis and atopic dermatitis, then you are at risk. Other risk factors also include living in a high pollution zone, as well as being overweight, smoking, working within close range of exhaust fumes and other chemicals, and other such factors.
- Symptom Identification: To be able to identify whether or not you are at risk, you must identify the potential symptoms including persistent shortness of breath, which may strike regularly. Also, another symptom is not being able to sleep comfortably due to excessive coughing and breath shortness as well as shallow breathing and wheezing. You may also experience some amount of chest tightening or constriction. These symptoms will usually get worse if you happen to be suffering from the flu or a cold.
- Respiratory Health: If you are suspecting the onset of this disease, it would be a good idea to watch your respiratory health by observing the rise and fall of your breath when you are doing energy consuming and strenuous activities like exercising or other such tasks. Sports induced asthma is an actual condition that can get worse when your lungs are faced with cold and dry air. Also, if you are facing exhaust fumes and chemicals as a part of your job, then you are at risk of occupational asthma, in which case you should watch your respiratory health very closely. These symptoms can also get worse when you are around animals and pets due to the allergens that may trigger wheezing and coughing. A lung function test can be conducted by the pulmonologist in case you are suffering from any of these symptoms and conditions on a persistence and prolonged basis.
Knowing and reporting your symptoms to the doctor is important for getting timely treatment.
My daughter has all her milestone delay like delayed speech, development, gross motor, etc. She difficulties in all gross motor activities like writing, drawing, combing her hair, wearing shoes and socks, etc.
My son is 7 years old he is suffering from headache n dizziness, while dizzying he sees cars around his eyes, dizziness is not regular but some times, pls advice what to do?
My baby is 21 months old boy. I just want to know that is it necessary to clean his teeth with brush everyday. We tried many times but he just play with brush and does not clean his teeth with brush. So how to train him for brushing.
Attention Deficit Disorder or ADD is a behavioral disorder that comprises impulsive behavior, inattentiveness and hyperactivity. This disorder tends to affect children more commonly, but the symptoms tend to disappear as one ages.
There are a number of symptoms for this disorder:
- Concentration problems: People affected by this disorder have problems in staying focused on routine tasks. You may have problems in listening to conversations, get distracted easily, overlook various important things and have trouble remembering various things.
- Being disorganized and forgetting things: You may exhibit symptoms such as having an extremely cluttered desk. You may also experience difficulties in completing projects and forgetting appointments. You may also lose track of time while doing important things.
- Emotional problems: Various emotional problems such as mood swings, hypersensitivity to criticism, problems in staying motivated and having low self-esteem are common signs of ADD. The disorder may also lead you to be extremely short tempered and be constantly frustrated.
- Hyperactivity: This symptom causes you to remain constantly agitated, unable to focus due to a racing mind, fidgeting constantly and talking excessively.
- Impulsivity: You will exhibit impulsive behavior such as not being able to exercise self-control, blurting out inappropriate comments and have certain addictive tendencies.
Attention Deficit Disorder can cause various problems in your life. Most of these are related to the following domains:
- Work related problems: You may constantly feel a sense of underachievement and will unable to meet your work responsibilities. You may be unable to meet deadlines, and face problems in filing paperwork.
- Relationship problems: This disorder takes a toll on your relationships such as it can create a rift between you and your family. They may feel that you are not sensitive to their concerns.
- Mental health problems: You may face various mental health problems such as drug abuse, anxiety, self-esteem issues and chronic stress.
Remedies for this disorder are:
- Get proper sleep: You should always aim to sleep for at least 6 hours every day. If you are well rested, then you will be more energetic and stress free.
- Regular exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis to keep yourself fit and healthy. It can also help you avoid problems such as obesity.
- Improve your relationships: You should schedule time for your loved ones and engage with them. It may contribute to your overall mental well-being.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My child is 7 years. He is very shy when we are there and he doesn't want to talk with elders in front of us. Please tell me how to deal with him ?
Hello my 3.5 month old is not drinking much formula as like before this is happening from. Last 1.5 month previously he waa taking 3oz at time now only drinks 2oz that too Forcefully. He doesn't seems hungry all time just playing should I start tonic for him my breast milk has gone so he ia exclusively formula feeds he also wakes up every 2 hours at night.
I am 15 years old and I suffering from tooth decay. Help me when I wake up in morning I got bad smell from my mouth. Please help me.
My son 1 years 4 months had pus cells in throat and had been prescribed augmentin duo (4 ml twice daily) but got rashes and was given Azee (5 ml once daily) antibiotic. Bimistake I continued both antibiotics 3 doses. Instead of only Azee. Baby had loose stools. Now I have stopped augmentin and rashes have gone. Just wanted to know if any other side effect of two antibiotics would have happened. I am very worried. Please clarify.
I have a 18 months old son. He have brain infections during birth time. Now he has no devlopment. Can you help me.
Iron is an essential nutrient and mineral that is required by adults and children alike. Iron helps move oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body and helps muscles store and use oxygen. It is especially important for children because it aids development and prevents anaemia. Untreated iron deficiency in children can cause physical and mental delays. It can lead to less healthy red blood cells in the child's blood stream which will cause a delay in the growth of physical and mental faculties.
Risk factors for iron deficiency in children
Infants and children at highest risk of iron deficiency include:
- Babies who are born prematurely or have a low birth weight
- Babies who drink cow's milk before age 1
- Breast-fed babies who aren't given complementary foods containing iron after age 6 months
- Babies who drink formula that isn't fortified with iron
- Children ages 1 to 5 who drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of cow's milk, goat's milk or soy milk a day
- Children who have certain health conditions, such as chronic infections or restricted diets
- Children ages 1 to 5 who have been exposed to lead
- Adolescent girls also are at higher risk of iron deficiency because their bodies lose iron during menstruation.
Symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia
The signs and symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia in children may include:
- Pale skin
- Fatigue or weakness
- Slow cognitive and social development
- Inflammation of the tongue
- Difficulty maintaining body temperature
- Increased likelihood of infections
- Unusual cravings for non-nutritive substances, such as ice, dirt or pure starch
Prevent iron deficiency in children
Take steps to prevent iron deficiency in your child by paying attention to his or her diet. For example:
- Breast-feed or use iron-fortified formula. Breast-feeding until your child is age 1 is recommended. If you don't breast-feed, use iron-fortified infant formula.
- Encourage a balanced diet. When you begin serving your baby solids, typically between ages 4 months and 6 months, feed him or her foods with added iron, such as iron-fortified baby cereal. For older children, good sources of iron include red meat, chicken, fish, beans and dark green leafy vegetables. Between ages 1 and 5, don't allow your child to drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of milk a day.
- Enhance absorption. Vitamin C helps promote the absorption of dietary iron. You can help your child absorb iron by offering foods rich in vitamin C, such as melon, strawberries, kiwi, broccoli, tomatoes and potatoes.
- Consider iron supplements. If your baby was born prematurely or with a low birth weight or you're breast-feeding a baby older than 4 months and he or she isn't eating two or more servings a day of iron-rich foods, talk to a child's doctor about oral iron supplements.
Make sure that you watch out for the tell tale signs of iron deficiency and take the necessary precautions to avoid the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific child related problem, you can consult a specilized pediatrician and ask a free question.