Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S A Kate
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. S A KateYour feedback matters!
Its been 2 years during the month of august I develop some red patches on my skin and they itches a lot they are also swollen I think its impetigo any cream which will help me out?
Hi. Meri problem hai ke mai jab subha washroom jata hoon toh jake aane ke baad, jab bhi baith ta hoon ya garee chalata hoon mera back side me dard hota koi bata sakta hai iska kya upaaye.
I have serious drop in sexual health, I look tired always. Have severe acidity as well which doctor few years back when consulted told as GERD. Im so obese, no strength to exercise, run and climb. I'm so disappointed myself bcoz even im not having an erection for sex. Always depressed losing hopes to live a good life coz next year getting married but worried of my potency. Pls anyone help me. Coming to my habits I smoke daily twice and consume alcohol occasionally. Also I find strange changes in me. Like hair fall (no root can be seen after fall) head scalp dry always even though I put oil 2 days once. My stomach always remains bloated and worsens if not eaten. And from past 3 years I have daily constipation. Pls doctor guide me. Even ready for a visit in Bangalore for full check up.
What is Hypertrichosis (Ambras Syndrome)?
Hypertrichosis is the excessive growth of hair, which is abnormal given for the person's age, sex, body area or race. This is different from Hirsutism in which women experience hair growth in areas that generally fall under the male pattern of hair distribution.
The commonest symptom of hypertrichosis is the development of excess hair in small isolated patches (localised hypertrichosis) or all over the body (generalised hypertrichosis). Some with this disorder may exhibit enlarged gums and defects of the teeth as well.
Types of hypertrichosis
Hypertrichosis may be congenital (present during birth) or acquired.
- Congenital hypertrichosis is generally caused by genetic mutations. It may affect men and women differently, and may even impact the whole body, covering one totally in hair or just in isolated areas such as the upper part of the body, face, elbows etc.
- Acquired hypertrichosis occurs post birth. Causes of it may include side effects of certain drugs, certain types of cancer and metabolic abnormalities. It may also occur due to trauma. This generally causes hair growth around or in the facial region such as the upper lip, chin and cheeks that may follow a certain pattern.
Causes of Hypertrichosis:
- Genes - Genetic mutations has been seen to affect the development of hypertrichosis.
- Cancer - It may develop in those suffering from cancers of some forms. This form of hair growth is also known as malignant down and generally affects the face.
- Malnutrition - Eating disorders affect the metabolism of a person, which might lead to the development of hypertrichosis.
- Drugs - Certain drugs have been found to cause hormonal imbalances, which can induce excessive hair growth.
- Injuries - Trauma such as head or cerebral injuries or exposure to certain chemicals may also cause hypertrichosis. Porphyrias, which are disorders affecting the skin and or nerves, may also lead to its development. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!