Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Physiotherapists online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rutuja Patange
Submit a review for Dr. Rutuja PatangeYour feedback matters!
Very friendly! Explained the problem very well. I would definitely like to recommend Healyos and Dr. Rutuja Patange.
very good doctor, impressive in depth analysis of the problem
I feel like I need to put some efforts in keeping my neck straight. Should I try neck gourd for some day for better posture.
I am 21 year old man, I was 104 in weight when I started running to loose weight, I lost weight after a month or more of continuous running and now stand at 91, but even after working out the same way and maintaining a same diet more or less, I am stuck at this weight for nearly 3 weeks now, why this is happening and what should I do. Also my right feet pains a lot now, is this so because I am running on roads? What should I do.
I am 21 years female. Day before yesterday midnight I had pain in upper back. I thought it to be acidity ate well took gelusil and also pan 40 before food. Stil pain persist, I am not able to sit, sleep.Is it acidity or back pain? What tablet to prefer?
Fibromyalgia is a musculoskeletal disorder that is more prevalent among women (in the age group between 25 - 60 years) than men. The condition often results in muscular and joint pain along with extreme tiredness. Further, there may be severe headaches, body stiffness, insomnia or sleeping disorders, high sensitivity to extreme temperatures, abdominal pain, Irritable bowel syndrome and also Fibro Fog ( a condition triggered by Fibromyalgia, whereby an individual is unable to concentrate on anything). In some, the condition can trigger severe anxiety, stress, and depression.
While discussing Fibromyalgia, it is important to mention about the Tender Points or Trigger Points. These are delicate points and areas located throughout the body where even a gentle tap or pressure is enough to cause pain. Some of these trigger points in Fibromyalgia include:
- upper chest.
- back of the head.
- top of shoulders.
- outer elbows.
Some of the common factors that play a significant role in triggering Fibromyalgia are
- Stress and Trauma: Fibromyalgia may be an outcome of extreme physical, mental and emotional turmoil (which often creates a hormonal imbalance) or Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Fibromyalgia may be linked to genetics and hereditary. People with a family history of Fibromyalgia are more susceptible to the painful condition.
- In some individuals, an autoimmune disorder such as Lupus or Rheumatoid Arthritis can also be a contributing factor resulting in Fibromyalgia.
Acupressure to treat Fibromyalgia
People often opt for Alternative Therapy to treat Fibromyalgia. Individuals with Fibromyalgia benefit immensely from Acupressure. Acupressure is a popular alternative therapy that finds its origin in China. It channelizes upon the use of pressure at certain points in the body to ease the pain. Some of the acupressure points that are often used to relieve the pain, especially related to the Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, in Fibromyalgia include:
- Stomach 36 (ST 36): ST 36 holds great significance in providing a soothing and calming effect in people with extreme stress and anxiety (one of the critical symptoms associated with Fibromyalgia). ST 36 is located in the depression of the tibia (lateral side), at a distance of about four fingers downwards from the patella or the knee. Gently and slowly massaging the point for 3-4 minutes is said to provide great relief.
- Ren 17: Another acupressure point that goes a long way to lower the anxiety and physical stress is Ren 17 or the chest center. This acupressure point is the middle of the chest (anterior midline), at the fourth intercostal space from the second rib downwards.
- Ear Shen Men: The Ear Shen Men is an important acupressure point in the triangular fossa, at the upper region of the ear. People with physical and emotional stress benefit from this acupressure point.
- Pericardium 6: The Pericardium 6 is in the mid arm region (lower and inner part of the arm) between the two tendons at a distance of four fingers from the wrist crease. In addition to a great soothing effect, Pericardium 6 is beneficial for people with nausea.
- Yintang: Nothing works more like the Yintang to relieve stress and anxiety. The acupressure point in between the eyes at the eyebrow level.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My mother is 88 years old she is having pain in lower back L5 vertebrae can she put bovulor patch to relieve the pain .which size.
I am suffering from lower back pain for a long time, I am just 23 year old guy. I used to go to gym for the last 5 months, but still there is no cure. Sometimes the pain will be high, I can't even sit properly for a longer period. What can I do to get permanent relief from back pain, is there any workout I can do it in gym to make a strong backbones.
Hi, I am suffering from Typhoid for past one week. I am having severe body pain and my knees are paining a lot. This is the second time I have having Typhoid within a span of one year. Please advice how to avoid this in future also medication to relive from pain.
1.Keep yourself warm
Back pain is caused due to vitiated vata and the main quality of vata is that it is cold and so it is necessary to keep yourself warm to prevent this disease.
2.Avoid intake of spicy/chilly food
Another feature of a vitiated vata dosha is dryness. To keep yourself hydrated it is necessary to keep a check on your diet. Chilly or spicy food like green chilies and can have a drying effect on the body which can in turn cause constipation, resulting in back pain.
3.Perform and Practice Padahastasana
Padahastasana (standing forward fold pose) is a great Yoga pose for lower back pain as this prevents the restriction of the stool-carrying channels that causes both constipation and lower back pain. Most of the reasons of back pain are not muscular and Padahastasana helps in elimination of the toxins from the body.
4.Oil your body
A vitiated vata causes stress, exertion, depletion and tiredness which in turn cause back pain. Also excess build-up of vata dosha leads to early ageing, and pain in various parts of the body. So to keep yourself young, supple and warm it is necessary that you oil your body daily before a warm shower. This will not just reduce pain in your back but will also slow your ageing process and make your skin healthy and strong.
5.Drink Ajwain (Bishop’s weed seed) tea
Ajwain seeds are highly beneficial for reducing and preventing pain in the back, as well as checking constipation. This can be included in the diet of a person not suffering from heat-related diseases. This is especially good to be consumed during the time of periods by women. Ajwain seeds can be boiled in water and consumed as a decoction. It is an instant pain reliever.